Gilmer Buckeyes vs Sunnyvale

gilmerstar

5 hours ago, cotton84 said:

If Van comes ready to play, will be an interesting game between them and Gilmer……..To me, Gilmer will be the favorite, but not a walk in the park. 

I agree depends on which van team shows up. If it’s the one that played against Bullard then Gilmer wins big. If it’s the well disciplined van team I think it will be a good game 

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

1 hour ago, cotton84 said:

This year - The 6”4 guys are 260 and under and the 300 and over guys are 6’0” or less…….go figure….lol

Two of the 260-pounders are juniors, one of whom has already committed to Baylor. The other, who several DI schools have expressed interest in, is the only Bulldog playing both ways this year.

Edited by BevBrownJr

3 hours ago, BevBrownJr said:

Two of the 260-pounders are juniors, one of whom has already committed to Baylor. The other, who several DI schools have expressed interest in, is the only Bulldog playing both ways this year.

Only one player going both ways. Unbelievable.  To have that much depth at a 4A school. I bet a lot of 5A programs don’t have that depth. 

I really think this is the key to developing great programs. Every team has 2-3 all stars. But how many teams develop all of the “other kids.”  Teams like Carthage and Aledo have been able to keep kids in the program and develop their talent. It’s why when one graduates, it’s a plug and play system. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, CasualObserver70 said:

Only one player going both ways. Unbelievable.  To have that much depth at a 4A school. I bet a lot of 5A programs don’t have that depth. 

I really think this is the key to developing great programs. Every team has 2-3 all stars. But how many teams develop all of the “other kids.”  Teams like Carthage and Aledo have been able to keep kids in the program and develop their talent. It’s why when one graduates, it’s a plug and play system. 

This season, it definitely came at the cost of the JV team, but it's nice to be able to be successful with so many sophomores in the starting lineup.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BevBrownJr said:

I would love to of seen how good number 64 could have been at tackle. He was the projected starter at 6’ft 4” and 308 pounds before the car wreck. 
He comes in with the number two kids now. 
I don’t know if he is a junior or a senior. 
And don’t forget about the starting guard that went out against Kilgore. 

1 hour ago, cowboyandchrist said:

I would love to of seen how good number 64 could have been at tackle. He was the projected starter at 6’ft 4” and 308 pounds before the car wreck. 
He comes in with the number two kids now. 
I don’t know if he is a junior or a senior. 
And don’t forget about the starting guard that went out against Kilgore. 

#64 is a senior.

• Like 1

Give me Sunnyvale in an upset! Gilmer, you're way too cocky and arrogant, and you're taking this team way too lightly! You're already looking ahead to the third and fourth rounds, and you've already claimed a victory over a team you haven't even played yet! I hope Sunnyvale beats ya'll this week! Good Lord, show some class! 

• SMH 1

5 hours ago, Panther89 said:

Give me Sunnyvale in an upset! Gilmer, you're way too cocky and arrogant, and you're taking this team way too lightly! You're already looking ahead to the third and fourth rounds, and you've already claimed a victory over a team you haven't even played yet! I hope Sunnyvale beats ya'll this week! Good Lord, show some class! 

Nobody is overlooking anyone, but facts are facts. Gilmer has way to much speed at the skill positions for Sunnyvale to contend with. If the OL plays like it did against Center, this game will get out of hand quickly. However; if Gilmer comes out flat and has penalties, Sunnyvale could obviously stay in the game longer. I personally don’t see that happening, but you never know.

I think I’m the only one who said anything about the third and fourth round. Not the Gilmer posters. The Gilmer posters just think they will win the game. Nothing wrong with confidence 

Ain't nobody in their right mind overlooking Sunnyvale, especially coaches and players.  "Some" fans might act that way, but most of these people talking past this game are from other fan bases.  I can't wait to meet Spring Hill again this year.............., oh, wait!  Spring Hill people have a lot of gawl talking about "class".  

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, blackflag79 said:

Ain't nobody in their right mind overlooking Sunnyvale, especially coaches and players.  "Some" fans might act that way, but most of these people talking past this game are from other fan bases.  I can't wait to meet Spring Hill again this year.............., oh, wait!  Spring Hill people have a lot of gawl talking about "class".  

Why do you hate us so much?  😫

1 hour ago, PantherNation2015 said:

Why do you hate us so much?  😫

I don't "hate" anybody, but I don't like baseless accusations, either, especially from a disgruntled SH fan who doesn't know who the Buckeye fans truly are on here.  Most Buckeye fans understand that any team can get beat on any given night (or day).  We have been playing into the 3rd round and beyond for the last 16 seasons. Looking past just about any team in the playoffs can get you beat.  He's mistaking confidence for "cocky", and "arrogance", and he has no idea what "class" is.

Edited by blackflag79

9 hours ago, Panther89 said:

IMG_2177.jpeg

1 hour ago, blackflag79 said:

I don't "hate" anybody, but I don't like baseless accusations, either, especially from a disgruntled SH fan who doesn't know who the Buckeye fans truly are on here.  Most Buckeye fans understand that any team can get beat on any given night (or day).  We have been playing into the 3rd round and beyond for the last 16 seasons. Looking past just about any team in the playoffs can get you beat.  He's mistaking confidence for "cocky", and "arrogance", and he has no idea what "class" is.

I get it.  Just messing with you.  FWIW, I like Gilmer to win vs SV this week.  Was pleased to see the Buckeye defense step up last week and exceed expectations vs Center.  42 points given up sounds bad but it was better than most expected.

7 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

I get it.  Just messing with you.  FWIW, I like Gilmer to win vs SV this week.  Was pleased to see the Buckeye defense step up last week and exceed expectations vs Center.  42 points given up sounds bad but it was better than most expected.

Yes, our defense did play a lot better than I expected against an offensive juggernaut like Center.  The first team defense only gave up 20 points.  The other 22 points were given up by second and third stringers for the most part.

10 hours ago, Panther89 said:

Little man syndrome?

12 hours ago, Panther89 said:

Dont see a ton of Gilmer posters just a select few. Its the playoffs anything can happen.

13 hours ago, Panther89 said:

I don’t think any players or coaches are overlooking Sunnyvale just a few goofy fans.