LIBERTY EYLAU ???

TINDERBOX

6 hours ago, hornetblue said:

I don't think dropping in classification is going to be the quick fix that people think. If they drop, they are still going to have to play some really good football teams that this year's team would not beat. The 4A District that they are in is not very good other than PG and Gilmer. 

They would have won the 3a district that they will be in next year..I think Jefferson Tatum and Atlanta was the top teams.

Well LE if it is winning you want look no further that the man that nationalpastime has mentioned. You want to get back to winning DCs you hire the man that can run an offense and the run a truck across the state hauling animals across the state for the Ag department. If you need a boat he will go pick it up for you as well. He will also get your golf team back on the right track.

• Love 1
  • LOL! 2

5 hours ago, BlackShirtD said:

Dropping of course will help LE.  It’s very hard to compete at any level when the teams your playing have 200-300 more students.     

That's the same thing happening at Spring Hill! Every time we turn our nubers in, we wind of being the lowest enrollment in the district, and it infuriates me to no end! I'm not sure, but I believe SH turned in 611, and I'm pretty sure that's just right above the 3A D1 cut-off! 

15 hours ago, Valhalla said:

The 3A district they will have to go into will not be world beaters.

We'll scrap, though. They'd probably fall in with us and be in the mix immediately by default. If Jefferson doesn't drop we'll get tired of seeing maroon teams. I haven't really looked into numbers or cutoffs or anything so I'm not sure who's dropping or what. Once upon a time, all those names in one district woulda been terrifying.

Atlanta

Gladewater

Jefferson

Liberty-Eylau

Sabine

Tatum

White Oak

6 hours ago, Panther89 said:

That's the same thing happening at Spring Hill! Every time we turn our nubers in, we wind of being the lowest enrollment in the district, and it infuriates me to no end! I'm not sure, but I believe SH turned in 611, and I'm pretty sure that's just right above the 3A D1 cut-off! 

If I remember correctly, I thought SH was a locked district. Nobody in Texarkana is locked anymore and if it is then PG but sounds like they accept transfers. If you want the numbers up, unlock the district and build apartments. 

Wish they would have let Davis get a year in at the 3A level. Took over an 0-10 team and made the playoffs 4 straight years. He is known for his structure and discipline that would benefit the kids at LE for years after football. Unfortunately, that rubs people the wrong way when that isn't the priority. 

• LOL! 1

6 minutes ago, mrclean69 said:

Wish they would have let Davis get a year in at the 3A level. Took over an 0-10 team and made the playoffs 4 straight years. He is known for his structure and discipline that would benefit the kids at LE for years after football. Unfortunately, that rubs people the wrong way when that isn't the priority. 

Making playoffs in Texas is almost a joke. Teams with losing records get in playoffs 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Eagle8 said:

We'll scrap, though. They'd probably fall in with us and be in the mix immediately by default. If Jefferson doesn't drop we'll get tired of seeing maroon teams. I haven't really looked into numbers or cutoffs or anything so I'm not sure who's dropping or what. Once upon a time, all those names in one district woulda been terrifying.

Atlanta

Gladewater

Jefferson

Liberty-Eylau

Sabine

Tatum

White Oak

Y'alls district will be interesting to see how it plays out. I wonder if UIL switch up the districts again and move us around. We haven't gotten a chance to play y'alls district yet in bi district yet since the move back to region 2. 

4 hours ago, TrumpisDump said:

If I remember correctly, I thought SH was a locked district. Nobody in Texarkana is locked anymore and if it is then PG but sounds like they accept transfers. If you want the numbers up, unlock the district and build apartments. 

Your memory is correct on SH.  I’d like to see our Board adjust that policy slightly in the future.  We are too large to have a shot to drop to 3A D1, but have plenty of room to grow and not bump to 4A D1.  Controlled growth.

2 hours ago, PantherNation2015 said:

Your memory is correct on SH.  I’d like to see our Board adjust that policy slightly in the future.  We are too large to have a shot to drop to 3A D1, but have plenty of room to grow and not bump to 4A D1.  Controlled growth.

Excuse my ignorance, but what is a “locked district”? Does every school in Texas have an option as to whether to choose to be “locked” or not?

22 minutes ago, BevBrownJr said:

Excuse my ignorance, but what is a “locked district”? Does every school in Texas have an option as to whether to choose to be “locked” or not?

It means the only way you can send your kid to SH is if you establish full time residency in the district.  There is no option to live in LISD or PTISD and choose to go send your kid to SH.  Only exception would be for kids of employees of the district.

20 hours ago, BlackShirtD said:

Dropping of course will help LE.  It’s very hard to compete at any level when the teams your playing have 200-300 more students.     

Atlanta and Jacksonville are two teams that got worse in a drop of class. Odds are in favor but not guaranteed.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Lion7000 said:

Atlanta and Jacksonville are two teams that got worse in a drop of class. Odds are in favor but not guaranteed.

pretty sure i was on here talking about how much atlanta was going to benefit from dropping in class, still kinda shocked they havent won more in 3a.

1 hour ago, PantherNation2015 said:

It means the only way you can send your kid to SH is if you establish full time residency in the district.  There is no option to live in LISD or PTISD and choose to go send your kid to SH.  Only exception would be for kids of employees of the district.

PG closes the district to transfers when certain enrollment numbers exceed capacity. It all depends on the grade level. Plus, if you are a disciplinary problem and cannot pass the state mandated tests, you are not getting in the school. PG is not taking another school district’s problem when they do not have too.

1 hour ago, swaha said:

PG closes the district to transfers when certain enrollment numbers exceed capacity. It all depends on the grade level. Plus, if you are a disciplinary problem and cannot pass the state mandated tests, you are not getting in the school. PG is not taking another school district’s problem when they do not have too.

If they can 4.6 in the forty they will take them in a minute I know!

• Like 1