#1 Carthage vs. #3 Pleasant Grove(2 p.m, Friday @ Longview Pine Tree)

99probs

Carthage Bulldogs vs. Pleasant Grove Hawks(2:00 @ Pine Tree in Longview)  

126 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Carthage
    • Pleasant Grove

This poll is closed to new votes

5 hours ago, BlackShirtD said:

That stadium is trash.  The entire area surrounding the stadium is trash.   Thank goodness for PT.

I haven't been to Independence Stadium since David Smoak gave me tickets to see SMU beat Arkansas there when Danny Ford coached them in 1997.  Even before that in the 80's it was a bad area even with Hirsch Memorial bringing in top talent for concerts.  

6 hours ago, cowboyandchrist said:

The PG QB will be making a lot of tackles and getting lit up when he runs the ball. The Dawgs will definitely be the most physical team that PG has faced all year. If the Dawgs don’t turn the ball over or have stupid 15 yard penalties they will win this game. 

I’m a Carthage fan, but this can be said both ways.

PG D-Line is really good too, Not 100% about the O-Line but they got two guys in the backfield that can absolutely fly. 

The Dawgs will give up some big plays, it will depend if they can minimize them and play assignment football, especially the secondary. And lastly how well can the big guys up front (D-Line) get set back up when PG goes hurry up.

21 minutes ago, Cleareyesopenheartcantlose said:

I’m a Carthage fan, but this can be said both ways.

PG D-Line is really good too, Not 100% about the O-Line but they got two guys in the backfield that can absolutely fly. 

The Dawgs will give up some big plays, it will depend if they can minimize them and play assignment football, especially the secondary. And lastly how well can the big guys up front (D-Line) get set back up when PG goes hurry up.

Until I see PG in person, Kilgore had the best defense the Dawgs have faced. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bansheefan03 said:

May be bad news for Gibson if carthage wins tomorrow he custom builds a team and still can't get over that Carthage hump maybe he will get lucky and they will move carthage back down to region 3 again so the Hawks can be relevant again

yep, I think he will get it done tomorrow, I mean he should good grief. God knows he has sold his soul and crossed every line imaginable to get to where he is. As stacked as this year's team is if he can't win tomorrow he should be on the hot seat.  Knowing how badly he has disrespected and screwed over the Carthage program this year as far as refusing to honor their 2 year agreement with jr high and sub varsity games, I lost what little respect I had for the man. Total dick move but 100% on brand.

I want Carthage to get it done but it will be a tall order. Carthage is SO young, not as stacked and experienced as the Texarkana All Stars.

3 minutes ago, itsjustfootball said:

yep, I think he will get it done tomorrow, I mean he should good grief. God knows he has sold his soul and crossed every line imaginable to get to where he is. As stacked as this year's team is if he can't win tomorrow he should be on the hot seat.  Knowing how badly he has disrespected and screwed over the Carthage program this year as far as refusing to honor their 2 year agreement with jr high and sub varsity games, I lost what little respect I had for the man. Total dick move but 100% on brand.

I want Carthage to get it done but it will be a tall order. Carthage is SO young, not as stacked and experienced as the Texarkana All Stars.

I think the inexperience on the Carthage side is being way over valued by a lot of people.

I do not think the youth of the Bulldogs will be a negative.

I also believe Carthage is just as stacked as Pleasant Grove.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

I think the inexperience on the Carthage side is being way over valued by a lot of people.

I do not think the youth of the Bulldogs will be a negative.

I also believe Carthage is just as stacked as Pleasant Grove.

I think experience will show tomorrow. When you have the. most stacked 'experienced' team in all of 4A if not the state going against what is probably the youngest team in at least 4A, it may not show the whole game but it will rear it's head. I think PG will be too much.

1 minute ago, itsjustfootball said:

they are juiced up! a year stronger, faster. And Carthage lost a ton of the starters that beat them last year. so the dynamics are quite different.

Juiced up as in roids?? I watched them play gilmer and thought they were good but nothing breathtaking in my eyes. Carthage has quite a few starters from last year also and the guys that stepped in as starters got lots of playing time last year. I think that the players they lost to graduation have been filled in very well. I think the Dawgs will be just fine tomorrow. May not be 45-14 like last year but if the Dawgs take care of the ball and play smart they will come away with the W. 

4 minutes ago, DAWG91 said:

That's rather disconcerting.

Take it with a grain of salt. They say this every year. They have a million DI offers. All their peewee players have DI offers and there are 10 fetus all due next month with at least 3 DI offers each.

But this is the Texarkana All Stars, or I guess now it's more like far Northeast Texas All-Stars. So who knows

19 minutes ago, michaelmyers said:

Juiced up as in roids?? I watched them play gilmer and thought they were good but nothing breathtaking in my eyes. Carthage has quite a few starters from last year also and the guys that stepped in as starters got lots of playing time last year. I think that the players they lost to graduation have been filled in very well. I think the Dawgs will be just fine tomorrow. May not be 45-14 like last year but if the Dawgs take care of the ball and play smart they will come away with the W. 

juiced up is just  slang for A LOT bigger. But honest they are unnaturally big compared to what they were this time last year. 

I hope your assessment is correct.

Edited by itsjustfootball