#1 Carthage vs. #3 Pleasant Grove(2 p.m, Friday @ Longview Pine Tree)

99probs

Carthage Bulldogs vs. Pleasant Grove Hawks(2:00 @ Pine Tree in Longview)  

126 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Carthage
    • Pleasant Grove

This poll is closed to new votes

10 minutes ago, Aggie98 said:

I'm watching this game for the first time right now. KJ Edwards is some kind of special.

That’s what a D1 football player looks like as a sophomore!! PG didn’t have any of those dudes. Best player on the field and he is probably only 15 years old!

Edited by SmoakyBandito
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, PantherNation2015 said:

I think the term D1 is used a lot and means different things to different people.  In this instance, PG has 8 kids on their roster with at least one D1 football scholarship.  What does that mean in the grand scheme of things?  I don’t know.

No they don’t.  A post just named (Johnson Ark, McFadden Duke, Hackleman OK St. Jackson ?). That is 4, not 8.    Name the others please?   Don’t say Boardley, he didn’t de-commit, we all know why they withdrew the offer.

Edited by BlackShirtD

44 minutes ago, BlackShirtD said:

No they don’t.  A post just named (Johnson Ark, McFadden Duke, Hackleman OK St. Jackson ?). That is 4, not 8.    Name the others please?   Don’t say Boardley, he didn’t de-commit, we all know why they withdrew the offer.

Wheeler has been offered by Missouri State and Lamar. They are D1, not Power 5. Boardly does have an offer from Arkansas State. They are D1 too, not Power 5. I don’t even know who the other ones would be.

8 minutes ago, bansheefan03 said:

Gibson should really put on a football rules clinic for the community so all the pg Karen's can stop complaining on Facebook cause they don't have a clue

The majority are women. I have never seen so much whining and crying. Take the loss and move on. It came down to coaching, depth, Carthage OL and DL, turnovers, and taking advantage of the opportunities. Carthage made the plays in the end and PG did not. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Benny is our little hammer and I enjoy seeing him in the game.

Benny is stronger between the tackles, but Edwards is a game changer.

Benny can be too just not nearly as electric or home run threat on every play like KJ.

I would like to see him get 20 carries. 

5 hours ago, Gen7Dragon said:

I’d like to see him get 15 carries.

You need to see KJ Edwards run the ball before determining Benny needs more carries.

Like someone said about all these D1 players PG has…..real D1 / P5 (as a sophomore) is what KJ plays like.  I understand you want Benny to get more of the load, but when you’re playing with a guy like Edwards you’re just not going to be the feature back.

6 hours ago, Gen7Dragon said:

I would not be surprised to see him in the game more going forward - about the same at the TB position but more as the fullback, if in practice he shows he can remember plays at both positions, which I imagine he can. 
20 carries is not going to happen without an injury to #0. 

11 hours ago, PantherNation2015 said:

There are 6 PG players listed in this one article.  And Boardley has 14 other offers besides OSU.

https://www.texasfootball.com/article/2023/11/20/dctf-s-recruiting-tales-from-the-road-area-round-2023?ref=article_preview_img

Nice try, Wheeler is a Commerce commit and Phillips has a Ouchita and or Hardin Simmons offer I am assuming.  This is coming from a twitter guy C. Yates.   Now we are back to 4, maybe 5 if Boardley is included.   OSU is not an option so take that off the table.   That is still not 8.  

18 minutes ago, BlackShirtD said:

Nice try, Wheeler is a Commerce commit and Phillips has a Ouchita and or Hardin Simmons offer I am assuming.  This is coming from a twitter guy C. Yates.   Now we are back to 4, maybe 5 if Boardley is included.   OSU is not an option so take that off the table.   That is still not 8.  

Maybe we are both wrong.  But does it even matter anymore?

31 minutes ago, BlackShirtD said:

Not sure why you are getting bent out of shape on this. As of last week, Wheeler may commit to Missouri State. Wheeler listed his top 3 as MS, Lamar, and OBU. OSU and Boardley parted ways back before the season. Phillips has a Harding and SAU offer too. Not sure where people are getting 8 D1. 

1 hour ago, swaha said:

Not sure why you are getting bent out of shape on this. As of last week, Wheeler may commit to Missouri State. Wheeler listed his top 3 as MS, Lamar, and OBU. OSU and Boardley parted ways back before the season. Phillips has a Harding and SAU offer too. Not sure where people are getting 8 D1. 

Not bent at all.   Just want people to stop getting on here spreading “fake news”.   We get enough of that everyday with our news media.  

• Like 1

On 11/25/2023 at 8:58 PM, BlackShirtD said:

I don’t know why offer withdrew. Do tell…..