#1 Carthage vs. #3 Pleasant Grove(2 p.m, Friday @ Longview Pine Tree)

99probs

Carthage Bulldogs vs. Pleasant Grove Hawks(2:00 @ Pine Tree in Longview)  

126 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Carthage
    • Pleasant Grove

This poll is closed to new votes

1 hour ago, JBizzle said:

Kinda quiet in here. Saw a poster on FB said this was Carthage's weakest team in 20 years. They didn't watch the 2014 team! Whatever makes you feel better about your odds, I guess.

This could be similar scenario to 2011? squad that was loaded with sophomore's and got knocked out day after thanksgiving by Argyle but I'd have to see it to believe it.

3 hours ago, cowboyandchrist said:

This team is three times more talented than 2011. 

That team was still pretty good. I think the program overall is much better now. That was still early days. But 3 times more talented? Not sure about that one. Ed Pope was on that team. Bogie was the sophomore QB. Had a ton of sophomores that didn’t lose many games after that season. Competition was a little more stiff. Lost to Lindale, CH, Gilmer and Argyle.

49 minutes ago, LetsGoEagles said:

Take the voting with a grain of salt, some just want Carthage to lose cuz they jelly 

I don't know, a lot of people betting against the Dawgs. And of course, the PG fans think there is now way they can they be beat. I saw a slew of them on Facebook talking about how they will not be denied they are guaranteed to win.

I guess we shall see.

3 hours ago, SmoakyBandito said:

That team was still pretty good. I think the program overall is much better now. That was still early days. But 3 times more talented? Not sure about that one. Ed Pope was on that team. Bogie was the sophomore QB. Had a ton of sophomores that didn’t lose many games after that season. Competition was a little more stiff. Lost to Lindale, CH, Gilmer and Argyle.

Not even close between those two teams. The Dline and linebackers, the O line and running backs and wide receivers on this team are way ahead of 2011. 

4 hours ago, DAWG91 said:

Yeah,  they finally scored a TD or two after year's long drought then called it a wrap. Tru Storie

Different directions. Henderson needs some time we hadn’t had a winning team in four seasons and you expect us to play best in 4a ? 

Edited by Lion7000