Gilmer Bux vs Aubrey

gilmerstar

41 minutes ago, LetsGoEagles said:

Congrats bux! You’re rewarded with Carthage! 

Oh according to the Gilmer broadcast guys they match up better this year with Carthage than ever and that Carthage is not the great team they are used to playing. I was taking a sip of my tea and almost choked.  LOL

Edited by Rookie999
  • LOL! 1

12 minutes ago, Rookie999 said:

Oh according to the Gilmer broadcast guys they match up better this year with Carthage than ever and that Carthage is not the great team they are used to playing. I was taking a sip of my tea and almost choked.  LOL

Those guys live in their own little fantasy world.  

• Like 1

Ok, a few quick observations: 

1. Say what you want about the Gilmer defense and defensive coaches, but they made adjustments and shut Aubry out in the second half. A botched snap certainly helped, but the defense is why Gilmer won tonight. 
2. As for the offense?  Every time Gilmer lined up in their heavy package, they were beaten at the point of attack and lost yards. So what did they do in the 4th quarter with 1st and goal at the 4?  Brought in the heavy package and lost 4 yards. What did they do on 3rd and goal at the 2?  Brought in the Heavy package and lost 6. Some creativity would have been nice. 
3. Also, please explain why you don’t go for 2 up 33-21?  
4. I said this last week but I’ll say it again:  STOP THE DIRECTIONAL KICKING!!!  Why give up the extra 20 yards of field position? If the Kick coverage was excellent it might make sense, but it’s just giving up field position that is not helping the defense. 
5. Gilmer has to clean up the penalties. This could have been a much bigger win without the penalties. 

That sounds like a lot of complaints, but Gilmer played a great game against a really good opponent. I’ll be in the stands next Friday night cheering for the Buckeyes regardless of the odds.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CasualObserver70 said:

Ok, a few quick observations: 

1. Say what you want about the Gilmer defense and defensive coaches, but they made adjustments and shut Aubry out in the second half. A botched snap certainly helped, but the defense is why Gilmer won tonight. 
2. As for the offense?  Every time Gilmer lined up in their heavy package, they were beaten at the point of attack and lost yards. So what did they do in the 4th quarter with 1st and goal at the 4?  Brought in the heavy package and lost 4 yards. What did they do on 3rd and goal at the 2?  Brought in the Heavy package and lost 6. Some creativity would have been nice. 
3. Also, please explain why you don’t go for 2 up 33-21?  
4. I said this last week but I’ll say it again:  STOP THE DIRECTIONAL KICKING!!!  Why give up the extra 20 yards of field position? If the Kick coverage was excellent it might make sense, but it’s just giving up field position that is not helping the defense. 
5. Gilmer has to clean up the penalties. This could have been a much bigger win without the penalties. 

That sounds like a lot of complaints, but Gilmer played a great game against a really good opponent. I’ll be in the stands next Friday night cheering for the Buckeyes regardless of the odds.

that was Aubrey. Carthage is a different animal. The main weapon Aubrey lacked - Surratt, Preston and the crew, the best in the business.

Gilmer has said all season how bad they think this Carthage team is. Well, this is nowhere near the best team Gilmer has had either, contrary to what they think.

Edited by Rookie999

9 hours ago, Rookie999 said:

that was Aubrey. Carthage is a different animal. The main weapon Aubrey lacked - Surratt, Preston and the crew, the best in the business.

Gilmer has said all season how bad they think this Carthage team is. Well, this is nowhere near the best team Gilmer has had either, contrary to what they think.

Gilmer has said?.  Who is Gilmer?