REGIONAL FINAL: TIMPSON vs. GARRISON @ Homer Bryce Friday at 7

RETIREDFAN1

Timpson vs. Garrison   

95 members have voted

1. 1. Regional Finals

This poll is closed to new votes

5 hours ago, EdgarAllenPwn said:

This game isn’t as cut and dry as many might make it. And to Kirt’s point this is about to be a super brutal game — Garrison’s O-line are straight up bulldozers.  

I can see this one being a 1 point game type of deal. Garrison’s kicker/punter (not sure if its same kid) had a rough outing versus Timpson in the first matchup. The missed pat and the 2 shanked punts didn’t do Garrison any favors.  

I think another thing that surprised me and everyone else was that the Garrison QB was throwing straight dimes in that game. Their passing game wasn’t just a nuisance but a legitimate threat. 

This is the type of game where 1 single fumble or one stupid penalty or one shanked punt could decide the outcome. 

With that being said I’m really rooting for Timpson — I want them to go all the way and get that ring. 

Just got to say it….. it will probably be just as brutal as last game… and both O-lines did a little pushing around…. That kicking situation I feel like that defense had an affect on that….. you know the few plays when they didn’t get pushed around I guess….and I admit the Bears secondary didn’t have a great night but as for a 1 point ballgame the score if I remember correctly was 35-19 until the last play…. I still say the Bears are 3 touchdowns better than the Dawgs….. but the game is played on the field…. Good luck to both teams and may God bless the game injury free🙏🏼

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

The Bulldogs have a great team. They are big strong and physical. The Bears also has a great team. Physical,  fast and hard hitting. This will be a good game. I have to give the edge to Timpson overall team speed is crazy fast.Number 8 JJ is healthy and in full Beast Mode. Bears have to play a clean game minimum Penalties no turnovers. And just play Bear Ball and they will come out on top. Good Luck to both teams and hope for no injuries. 

Go Bears 🐻 

14 hours ago, WildBear said:

The Bulldogs have a great team. They are big strong and physical. The Bears also has a great team. Physical,  fast and hard hitting. This will be a good game. I have to give the edge to Timpson overall team speed is crazy fast.Number 8 JJ is healthy and in full Beast Mode. Bears have to play a clean game minimum Penalties no turnovers. And just play Bear Ball and they will come out on top. Good Luck to both teams and hope for no injuries. 

Go Bears 🐻 

Pretty much this. If Timpson plays their game, they will win. They have beaten Garrison 5 times in the last 4 years. Garrison is good enough to keep it close (not an easy task), but something big will have to happen for Garrison to get the win. Timpson weapons all over the field so it's hard to disrupt the machine that they are offensively. And their defense is lightning fast.

Maybe Garrison can reach out to Honey Grove and see what worked for them.

Edited by Numberjack
  • LOL! 1

Garrison ISD will be selling pre-sale tickets for the playoff game versus Timpson. Tickets will go on sale beginning at  noon on Monday, November 27th in the administration office. Tickets are $10 for adults and $5 for students.  
Cash Only.
 Tickets are for the VISITORS GATE ONLY. 
Tickets will be available Monday noon - 4 pm, Tuesday 9am - 4pm and Wednesday 9am - 4pm  or until sold out. 

Tickets will still be sold at the gate. Card Only 
This is just an opportunity to cut down on the lines at the game.

Timpson fans are :poop: out of luck .... 😂

Edited by KirtFalcon
yo mama

11 hours ago, MattStepp said:

Weather forecast is a concern for both coaches....playing on Thursday is more important to both than venue so stay tuned...

Friday looks better, could go Nac high, Lufkin, Marshal, Carthage( don't know availabilities) . SFA for some unknow reason wants to jack up prices again. Dumb IMO show off what you got help get recruits.. they need them. 

11 minutes ago, Slickarick said:

Friday looks better, could go Nac high, Lufkin, Marshal, Carthage( don't know availabilities) . SFA for some unknow reason wants to jack up prices again. Dumb IMO show off what you got help get recruits.. they need them. 

Friday should be fine, but everyone else in 2A-D1 is playing Thursday..dont think either coach wants to be behind in prep for a possible semifinal game

• Like 1

11 hours ago, MattStepp said:

Weather forecast is a concern for both coaches....playing on Thursday is more important to both than venue so stay tuned...

Just now, MattStepp said:

Friday should be fine, but everyone else in 2A-D1 is playing Thursday..dont think either coach wants to be behind in prep for a possible semifinal game

I did forecast for Thursday up and down East, TX, I 45 and down 35 ( on weather bug) and I know it being TX its  subject to change 15 times by then but you have to go west of Dallas, or down to temple area to get it in at 7 an no to low rain chances. Play in the star ?!?

1 minute ago, Slickarick said:

I did forecast for Thursday up and down East, TX, I 45 and down 35 ( on weather bug) and I know it being TX its  subject to change 15 times by then but you have to go west of Dallas, or down to temple area to get it in at 7 an no to low rain chances. Play in the star ?!?

The Star isn't available Thursday....Cowboys play Thursday night...Alamodome is available lol

Edited by MattStepp