REGIONAL FINAL: THE REMATCH....CHAPEL HILL vs. KILGORE @ Lobo Stadium Friday 7 PM

Stankylegg

Who wins?  

85 members have voted

1. 1. State-Semifinalist

This poll is closed to new votes

1 hour ago, JR88 said:

SFA is bigger and more comfortable. And it’s not that much farther. 

SFA is not much bigger than 🌹 Stadium. Kilgore couldn't even sell out the visitor's side last year at 🌹 Stadium. It's a lot closer than SFA. Hell Kilgore don't even have to fill up the gas tank to come to Tyler. We definitely have way more restaurants to chose from when the game is over. Or y'all might want to eat before the game.

Edited by VonG

Just now, VonG said:

SFA is not much bigger than 🌹 Stadium. Kilgore couldn't even sell out the visitor's side last year at 🌹 Stadium. It's a lot closer than SFA. Hell Kilgore don't even have to fill up the tank to come to Tyler. We definitely have way more restaurants to chose for when the game is over. Are y'all might want to eat before the game.

Geez calm down

What part of Kilgore doesn’t want to play in Chapel Hill’s backyard do you not understand?

Edited by JR88
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, JR88 said:

Geez calm down

What part of Kilgore doesn’t want to play in Chapel Hill’s backyard do you not understand?

I am calm. Their is no sweat off my back where ever the coaches chooses to play. It just sounds like some of the Kilgore fans automatically think they will lose if they play at 🌹 Stadium. At least that's the vibe I'm getting. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, VonG said:

I am calm. Their is no sweat off my back where ever the coaches chooses to play. It just sounds like some of the Kilgore fans automatically think they will lose if they play at 🌹 Stadium. At least that's the vibe I'm getting. 

We've won a lot of playoff games at Rose. I don't have anything against it.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Aggie98 said:

We've won a lot of playoff games at Rose. I don't have anything against it.

I know you have. I've been to a lot of games that Kilgore has played at 🌹 Stadium, whether it was regular season (against JT) or playoffs. That's why I don’t understand why some of the Kilgore fans don't want to play there. 

37 minutes ago, VonG said:

SFA is out the way for both teams when you have 🌹 Stadium or Longview Stadium closer. Keep the money in East and not deep East Texas. 

I'd take SFA over Rose all day. Better parking for starters.

14 minutes ago, cotton84 said:

Royse  City, for the last several years, has a guy here on Smoaky who over promotes their stadium.   Welcome to Tyler’s over promotion. 

Not as much promotion y'all do about Surratt and Preston. 

Edited by VonG
  • LOL! 1
  • SMH 1

• RETIREDFAN1 changed the title to REGIONAL FINAL: THE REMATCH....CHAPEL HILL vs. KILGORE @ Lobo Stadium Friday 7 PM
10 minutes ago, WhoamI97539 said:

This game will definitely be closer than the first time but Kilgore's Defense is just too good they are on another level Defense wins championships as long as the offense doesn't have any turnovers.

CH 21

Kilgore 35

As I do think Kilgore is the overall better team I can see CH winning this one. They def are playing better and better as the weeks go on as they usually do! Defense is key for CH also! I’m being told Kilgores QB is ok? Just didn’t play, even though he could have??

9 hours ago, VonG said:

It is a neutral site. Y'all have played at 🌹 just as much as them. If Kilgore is better it shouldn't be no problem. The refs will not be from this area. 

I bet they get a crew out of the Tyler chapter, since that’s the chapter that covers this district anyway.  

6 minutes ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

A lot of teams get them from a chapter that they don't use for playoff games....

You are correct, but in this situation both schools have good relations with the Tyler Chapter.  The Tyler chapter is a really good chapter that puts out 2-3 SC crews every year. You aren’t getting an average crew.   4 rounds deep only the top crews of the chapter will be working.  They might use East Texas Chapter, but all the local coaches know that the East Texas Chapter just doesn’t have the same quality as the Tyler Chapter.

Edited by Stankylegg
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Chill5000 said:

As I do think Kilgore is the overall better team I can see CH winning this one. They def are playing better and better as the weeks go on as they usually do! Defense is key for CH also! I’m being told Kilgores QB is ok? Just didn’t play, even though he could have??

That’s how I heard it.

1 minute ago, TopDog96 said:

Chapel Hill put people on notice last night!!!

We were told we didn’t stand a chance at winning vs. IC. We all knew the game would be on our Defense and they carried the load while the offense smashed on the gas!!!

I’m in full support of CH as always, but this game will be by far their hardest of the season.  Kilgore was good when they played in district and has only gotten better.  CH has improved as well, but it’s going to take CH’s best game of the year to beat Kilgore.  I do believe they can do it and I’m hoping they do it.  

• Like 2