REGIONAL FINAL: THE REMATCH....CHAPEL HILL vs. KILGORE @ Lobo Stadium Friday 7 PM

Stankylegg

Who wins?  

85 members have voted

1. 1. State-Semifinalist

This poll is closed to new votes

1 hour ago, HJR7 said:

QB1 will ne suited Friday, been practicing all week. I think people are making a big deal of for no reason lol.

No. Just seen several Kilgore fans say he could have played against Needville. Me and most other CH fans wants to see him suited up and playing Friday night. 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Chill5000 said:

No. Just seen several Kilgore fans say he could have played against Needville. Me and most other CH fans wants to see him suited up and playing Friday night. 

Did you think it was a conspiracy or something?

• Like 1
  • LOL! 2

36 minutes ago, Stankylegg said:

Kilgore has more than double the votes in this poll.  CH is perfectly okay with being the underdog.

lol, you said that like the Chapel Hill football team gonna get on here and see the polls to get more motivation...like that matters.....if it makes you feel better I didn't even vote...ha

• LOL! 1

4 hours ago, Chill5000 said:

I hope he's 100% but if not our backup is good enough to get the job done!!

33 minutes ago, kdogs00 said:

lol, you said that like the Chapel Hill football team gonna get on here and see the polls to get more motivation...like that matters.....if it makes you feel better I didn't even vote...ha

They may not look at a forum poll, but they do look at stuff like this…IMG_1917.jpeg

40 minutes ago, chillpill said:

They may not look at a forum poll, but they do look at stuff like this…IMG_1917.jpeg

𝐖𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐁𝐨𝐞𝐫𝐧𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐲𝐨𝐟𝐟𝐬 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐠𝐨𝐭 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐩𝐢𝐜𝐤 𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭...𝐊𝐢𝐥𝐠𝐨𝐫𝐞🤷‍♂️

Edited by KDOGS95

32 minutes ago, chillpill said:

I'm not saying they don't see this stuff...I'm saying a team shouldn't need to see this to get motivation for this game....motivation should come from the opponent or game they are facing that week...having the opportunity to play in the 4th round of the playoffs "should" be all the motivation needed...you've earned it.....yeah, it's nice to see these experts think highly of Kilgore as they did Chapel Hill earlier in the year ranking them #1 in 4A for most of the year...but that doesn't win anything you have to earn it every week...Kilgore beat Chapel Hill earlier for the District Championship which was icing on the cake....but, honestly I truly believe this team wants more.....winning district is nice but not the ultimate goal...finding a way to beat the team that has ended your season 2 years in a row with hopes of playing for a State Championship is!!!...that's why I truly believe Kilgore will have all the motivation they need in this one..

• Like 2

2 hours ago, kdogs00 said:

Nope.  Highly doubt the football team cares about the polls.  I do believe that the coaches are talking a lot about who CH has to do what not a lot of people outside their locker room believe they can do.

2 hours ago, nacdragon07 said:

the old saying goes it's hard to beat the same team twice. sometimes that's true sometimes it isn't.

to me this game is a toss up. i'm going with kilgore in a close one maybe by 3 or 7. 

Maybe so, but it’s also hard to beat a great team once, which is what Kilgore is.  It’s going to take a big effort from CH.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kdogs00 said:

I'm not saying they don't see this stuff...I'm saying a team shouldn't need to see this to get motivation for this game....motivation should come from the opponent or game they are facing that week...having the opportunity to play in the 4th round of the playoffs "should" be all the motivation needed...you've earned it.....yeah, it's nice to see these experts think highly of Kilgore as they did Chapel Hill earlier in the year ranking them #1 in 4A for most of the year...but that doesn't win anything you have to earn it every week...Kilgore beat Chapel Hill earlier for the District Championship which was icing on the cake....but, honestly I truly believe this team wants more.....winning district is nice but not the ultimate goal...finding a way to beat the team that has ended your season 2 years in a row with hopes of playing for a State Championship is!!!...that's why I truly believe Kilgore will have all the motivation they need in this one..

Really putting a lot of words/thoughts into a simple post about the lop sided poll.  The comment I made has nothing to do with the team’s motivation.  You drew that conclusion on your own.

My point was only that CH is perfectly okay with being the underdog.  They were last week against IC and against Kilgore the first meeting.  Worked out one of those and didn’t work out on the other.  This group of kids has been “favorites” plenty of times, but they’ve also been “underdogs” several times over the last 3 seasons and they don’t seem to play timid in those games.

Just now, Stankylegg said:

Really putting a lot of words/thoughts into a simple post about the lop sided poll.  The comment I made has nothing to do with the team’s motivation.  You drew that conclusion on your own.

My point was only that CH is perfectly okay with being the underdog.  They were last week against IC and against Kilgore the first meeting.  Worked out one of those and didn’t work out on the other.  This group of kids has been “favorites” plenty of times, but they’ve also been “underdogs” several times over the last 3 seasons and they don’t seem to play timid in those games.

you can call yourselves underdogs, favorites or whatever...it's all irrelevant....it's the mindset/execution of the players that matters...what you or I or anyone else thinks doesn't matter.....but honestly, Kilgore is the underdogs we are the one's whose season ended to Chapel Hill 2 years in a row!!...either way it all makes for an exciting game

32 minutes ago, kdogs00 said:

you can call yourselves underdogs, favorites or whatever...it's all irrelevant....it's the mindset/execution of the players that matters...what you or I or anyone else thinks doesn't matter.....but honestly, Kilgore is the underdogs we are the one's whose season ended to Chapel Hill 2 years in a row!!...either way it all makes for an exciting game

Oh okay.

3 minutes ago, TopDog96 said:

Killgo doesn't like talking about the past, especially @ the rose. So all games before Friday night means nothing. We both are 0-0. One Dog advances and One Dog goes home. 

I was thinking the same thing.  Several post from both fan groups declaring that the past is pointless come Friday night.  I guess he just really wants to be the underdog.    If that’s the case, I don’t think CH has an issue at all with climbing on top, especially since a couple smoaky posts will alter their motivation.  

9 minutes ago, TopDog96 said:

Killgo doesn't like talking about the past, especially @ the rose. So all games before Friday night means nothing. We both are 0-0. One Dog advances and One Dog goes home. 

And if you’re confused about that just ask the Houston Astros. 

Edited by Stankylegg

40 minutes ago, Hawk81584 said:

Should I go and buy tickets tomorrow? I know it won’t sell out, but just not sure with the procedure 

𝐈 𝐚𝐥𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐲 𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐞. 𝐈𝐭 𝐦𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐲𝐚 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰.

On 11/25/2023 at 6:32 PM, VonG said:

Well, we will have to just wait and see. Same thing was said 2 years ago.

If I remember correctly, the 2021 district matchup between Chapel Hill and Kilgore was Brisbon's first full game at QB. Riordan and company were still figuring out how to best utilize a young, but talented quarterback. By the time they reached the third round against Kilgore they were as hot as a two-dollar pistol because Brisbon and Stewart were now very known quantities and the coaching staff had everything flowing in the right direction.

• Like 1