STATE SEMIFINAL: Brock vs Malakoff Thursday 7 PM at The Star in Frisco

blackngoldtiger

Brock vs Malakoff  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Who you got?

This poll is closed to new votes

Man oh Man it was an instant classic and Malakoff pulled it off. Brock played an outstanding game even though malakoff spotted them 10 points before they started to play the game.

Some things Drsikell needs to change against franklin at state....Stop kicking it short this would of been a totally different game if he didnt kick short idk what the man was thinking I mean ###! You finally get ahead and Brock has not drove the length of the field on you yet and you give them a short field not once but twice after you take the lead each time....Almost cost Malakoff the game I hope he cleans that up.

Those boys from Malakoff prevailed and Driskell did make the great play calling and time management at the end!!

Big game with Franklin next week the one I have been hoping for.

1 minute ago, Allheartnoquit said:

Man oh Man it was an instant classic and Malakoff pulled it off. Brock played an outstanding game even though malakoff spotted them 10 points before they started to play the game.

Some things Drsikell needs to change against franklin at state....Stop kicking it short this would of been a totally different game if he didnt kick short idk what the man was thinking I mean ###! You finally get ahead and Brock has not drove the length of the field on you yet and you give them a short field not once but twice after you take the lead each time....Almost cost Malakoff the game I hope he cleans that up.

Those boys from Malakoff prevailed and Driskell did make the great play calling and time management at the end!!

Man you weren't the only one that thought that. Have no clue why they did that. After that penalty on the first kickoff of those 2 that you are talking about, figured he would've kicked it deep after that and the next one. I'm sure Driskell knows that wasn't the best call on those. 

I was a little worried after that pick 6 but I knew we had to settle down a lot. To be honest, that was the first time I saw Jones/Hogg had a miscommunication issue and they weren't on the same page. We just gifted them that td, imo. The other thing that was a factor was Hall injured his ankle. Wasn't quite the same all night after that. That's been the one position that we've been having injuries since the second day of practice. 

32 minutes ago, blackngoldtiger said:

Man you weren't the only one that thought that. Have no clue why they did that. After that penalty on the first kickoff of those 2 that you are talking about, figured he would've kicked it deep after that and the next one. I'm sure Driskell knows that wasn't the best call on those. 

I was a little worried after that pick 6 but I knew we had to settle down a lot. To be honest, that was the first time I saw Jones/Hogg had a miscommunication issue and they weren't on the same page. We just gifted them that td, imo. The other thing that was a factor was Hall injured his ankle. Wasn't quite the same all night after that. That's been the one position that we've been having injuries since the second day of practice. 

When did Tennison get injured? Think we may see him been a few months.......I think if he is 100% healthy that game would of been a different story

Edited by Allheartnoquit

What a FANtastic football game to watch in the Class 3A level, Huh?  Most states in this nation cannot match this kind of football with their best classification at the high school level.....that's where the quality of Texas High School Football has evolved to.  Congrats to the Malakoff Bears for their great win.  I have them winning it all in my bracket.  Onward to the Title game.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

What a FANtastic football game to watch in the Class 3A level, Huh?  Most states in this nation cannot match this kind of football with their best classification at the high school level.....that's where the quality of Texas High School Football has evolved to.  Congrats to the Malakoff Bears for their great win.  I have them winning it all in my bracket.  Onward to the Title game.

Malakoff tigers lol

Finally have a moment to sit down and comment on the game.  First off hats off to Malakoff for staying in the game.  Thought the pick six might have sealed it.  The strip return six nullified it.  You can thank my cousin and me bragging on the Brock kids for being able to catch the ball.  Poor #5 dropped not one but two possible TDs and was stripped on the kickoff return.  Brock's Defense played lights out with just two bad plays on the long run and pass.  #10 did a heck of a job reeling that one in.  Hated for a team to lose this one.  Brock's QB has to learn to quit running backwards and just get rid of the dumb ball.  Cost them all year and did again.  #68 made all of us big ole lineman proud with his pick.  I was rooting for him to score.  Good luck next week and hope #6's ankle heals up in time.  

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, GoBigBlue said:

Finally have a moment to sit down and comment on the game.  First off hats off to Malakoff for staying in the game.  Thought the pick six might have sealed it.  The strip return six nullified it.  You can thank my cousin and me bragging on the Brock kids for being able to catch the ball.  Poor #5 dropped not one but two possible TDs and was stripped on the kickoff return.  Brock's Defense played lights out with just two bad plays on the long run and pass.  #10 did a heck of a job reeling that one in.  Hated for a team to lose this one.  Brock's QB has to learn to quit running backwards and just get rid of the dumb ball.  Cost them all year and did again.  #68 made all of us big ole lineman proud with his pick.  I was rooting for him to score.  Good luck next week and hope #6's ankle heals up in time.  

Just looking at those td returns, the margin of error was so thin on those. If Brock tackles 11 or if he steps out of bounds on the first one who knows what would have happened on that possession? If they somehow get 24 down what happens on that possession? Just outstanding individual plays by 17 poking the ball out, 11 keeping his balance and tight roping the sideline., 24 wrestling the ball out. 

2 minutes ago, MattStepp said:

Just giving you a hard time Matt. BTW this will be Franklin's 5th trip to state. Dave Campbell keeps forgetting about 2015. 15,20,21,22,23.The article last year and the year before had the state trips wrong. I know its a small thing but when you make it to state you want to be remembered win or lose.

12 minutes ago, chevyman said:

Whats the outlook next year with the move up? Seemed like a pretty senior heavy roster with some pieces coming back

It is a large class graduating but the underclassmen don't miss a beat.  I predict we will be competitive just like the past few years.  Depends on the district looks like but I'm predicting we will go 3 rounds still.  Freshman class is special and the 8th grade class is too.  This little community plays ball year round.  We love watching all of the kids play ball 24/7 in our neighborhood.  So to answer the question.  Brock will be fine.  My cousin and I just had the same conversation a few minutes ago.  He was singing the blues that this was it.  I just don't see it that way.  Brock's biggest issue is the issue of growing pains.  Hopefully they will stay Div 2 for a couple of reclassifications.  I went into this year wanting to see what they would look like against 4A.  They will be fine.  Now to go watch my bud coach Gilmer on tonight.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GoBigBlue said:

It is a large class graduating but the underclassmen don't miss a beat.  I predict we will be competitive just like the past few years.  Depends on the district looks like but I'm predicting we will go 3 rounds still.  Freshman class is special and the 8th grade class is too.  This little community plays ball year round.  We love watching all of the kids play ball 24/7 in our neighborhood.  So to answer the question.  Brock will be fine.  My cousin and I just had the same conversation a few minutes ago.  He was singing the blues that this was it.  I just don't see it that way.  Brock's biggest issue is the issue of growing pains.  Hopefully they will stay Div 2 for a couple of reclassifications.  I went into this year wanting to see what they would look like against 4A.  They will be fine.  Now to go watch my bud coach Gilmer on tonight.

100% a special program. No doubt they will keep on keeping on

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GoBigBlue said:

Great game. I haven't had a chance to watch the game again. 

I think I may have said it on this thread or the state title thread, I can't remember.  Lol. That was the first time see Jones/Hogg not on the same page all season. Great job by the Brock cb for stepping up there to catch it and run it back. I thought we did good answering back with the fumble cover for 6 and that gave us a spark. We just needed to settle down a little bit on offense. It was a good battle on the trenches, went back and forth. 

That something has been said by a few other posters of their teams missing catches, starting to think that it may have to do with those boys on defense and it being a mental block in their heads. 

I had a feeling that Koff would be able to make turnovers when needed. Been averaging 2 ints per game, just got an extra force fumble this time. I think everyone was cheering on #68 to score. Everyone wants to see a big boy score, fun and good stuff there. 

Great game again! Classic! Good luck next season in 4A, which I'm sure you guys will do fine. I think Hall will be fine come Thursday. Hope #88 is okay for you guys. Couldn't see what really happened with him. 

The first pass not caught that was catchable the defender did do a great job of defending.  He didn't per say touch the ball but did a great job of defending.  The other two went right through their hands without any defensive reaction.  Doesn't matter now.  It hurt not having #88 out there the last few plays.  Very smart of your coach to not score quickly.  The delay of game on the punt was just down right dumb.  I knew the block was coming.  

Edited by GoBigBlue

3 hours ago, GoBigBlue said:

with the new current cutoffs would have to come up with 333 students lol i think yall might be good for a minute, even Aledo didn't see that type of growth.

• Like 1

Finally got a chance to rewatch the game. Yes, he didn't touch the ball but Jone's hands were in #5's view and could've had a hand in it. Hogg had a miss catch right through his hands too. Renburg #10 had everyone nervous juggling that ball around till he got it down. What I was trying to say or meant was MV/Winny have said the same things but maybe all those kids had in the back of their mind that a koff defender be around them and anything is possible. As they being on step 2 rather than step 1 in catching the ball first. It's a mental block. 

I thought both sides were going back and forth in the trenches. I think it was equal, and not one sided. We did answer the questions of filling in the void on both sides of the lines and matching the physicality. I had said that if we at least matched it, that this game would be closer, just had the numbers wrong. Lol. Which I think everyone did. 

I think where Koff had trouble on offense was Hall getting injured and some questionable play calling to say at times. The pick 6 was the first I've seen this season from Koff. Both weren't on the same page. That was a big moment for Koff and they didn't get rattled to bad from it and kept on fighting back. Showed another area where we were lacking last season too. Brock had 100 yds more offense than Koff in the game. If you takeaway the turnovers, it was a tied ballgame. Lol. 

Boy did special teams and turnovers come into play this game, I knew it was gonna help but lord, lol! I don't think I've ever seen a player strip a ball like that on a kickoff before. I koff didn't help themselves kicking short kicks and Brock returning them and putting them in good decisions. That really hurt koff, which lead to him scoring.

I'd would have never through Brock would allow Renburg to get a block on a punt, he has been doing that all season long. I thought Brock did a great job on holding us to a FG.

Garcia putting a fist on the ball to knock it out for Poteet to scoop and score on defense was big to get Koff back into the game. 

Hogg with a heads up on getting that int when the ball was overthrown. Then big #69 Norrell on that int but it was #10 Renburg that setup it up for the pressure on Woods to make that happen. I think everyone wanted to see Norrell score, who doesn't want to see one of the big boys score. 

I know I'm rambling on but this game was one of the most exciting and fun games I've seen/been to in a while. A great game, with two great teams! Can't wait till next week!

On 12/8/2023 at 6:49 AM, Allheartnoquit said:

What team do you coach? Last time I checked, his team is going to the ship. Pump the brakes big fella!  Your first instinct is to go for the coach? Remember there are 11 teenagers on the field at any given minute. Bottom line: THEY GOT THE JOB DONE! 

• Like 1

On 12/8/2023 at 9:30 AM, GoBigBlue said:

Brock will be more than fine.  Brock Football has a culture and mentality that is second to none. They are built different!