STATE SEMIFINAL: Brock vs Malakoff Thursday 7 PM at The Star in Frisco

blackngoldtiger

Brock vs Malakoff  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Who you got?

This poll is closed to new votes

22 hours ago, GoBigBlue said:

And that team beat Gilmer who is still in it.  I'm beginning to enjoy these underdog comments.  Going to make winning even sweeter.  

I think it's split, imo. The betting choice would be Brock but you still have in the back of your head. Can they pull it out. We'll find out soon enough. Good luck tonight!

8 minutes ago, blackngoldtiger said:

Game day! Good luck to both teams. Let's hope for a good, clean, and injury free game! Safe travels to everyone!

That’s what is great about this matchup. Both teams will go all out with great sportsmanship and play. May the best team win. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MHS77 said:

Held of my prediction until today Malakoff 31 Brock 24. Go get’em Tigers

Me 2 I just think Malakoff is the best team in the state and have been saying that since about week 2-3. This is Driskell best team since he took over malakoff top to bottom and overall.

Malakoff 42

Brock 21

Edited by Allheartnoquit

19 minutes ago, Allheartnoquit said:

Me 2 I just think Malakoff is the best team in the state and have been saying that since about week 2-3. This is Driskell best team since he took over malakoff top to bottom and overall.

Malakoff 42

Brock 21

You really think by that much? I've heard a few more say that too. 

Black/ Gold Tiger , Koff 11, MHS 77 and the rest : Good luck tonight. I too think this may be the best overall team in the Driskell era. I told Coach after the Teague game as I was impressed with the overall team speed from top to bottom. Brock has the size to matchup with y’all but I agree with Allintheheart, that y’all pull away and play Franklin for all the marbles. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, player73 said:

Black/ Gold Tiger , Koff 11, MHS 77 and the rest : Good luck tonight. I too think this may be the best overall team in the Driskell era. I told Coach after the Teague game as I was impressed with the overall team speed from top to bottom. Brock has the size to matchup with y’all but I agree with Allintheheart, that y’all pull away and play Franklin for all the marbles. 

This is by far the most focused team we have had and have been that way since summer workouts. This is a special group for sure and regardless the outcome they should be proud of what they have done. I know Tiger Nation will be there giving it all we have to keep the energy up on our side. 

Brock is home i believe but in the Star does that really matter?  If Malakoff scores over 30 it will be a win for them.  Don't think that'll happen though.  If they score more than twice it will be from a pick 6 or return.  Brock's defense is as good as they will ever play.  I've watched a few games now.  Malakoff hasn't faced a line like this all year.  Brock will be in full force tonight with #7 being back.  Looking toward a good hard fought battle.  Brock will win if they keep the turnovers down.  

1 minute ago, GoBigBlue said:

Brock is home i believe but in the Star does that really matter?  If Malakoff scores over 30 it will be a win for them.  Don't think that'll happen though.  If they score more than twice it will be from a pick 6 or return.  Brock's defense is as good as they will ever play.  I've watched a few games now.  Malakoff hasn't faced a line like this all year.  Brock will be in full force tonight with #7 being back.  Looking toward a good hard fought battle.  Brock will win if they keep the turnovers down.  

No it kinda hit me after i had posted that it didnt really matter. Always a joy watching you guys play and will be even more so tonight getting to watch two outstanding teams. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, chevyman said:

No it kinda hit me after i had posted that it didnt really matter. Always a joy watching you guys play and will be even more so tonight getting to watch two outstanding teams. 

I know some other Winny fan(s) are coming tonight as well since my son lives there lol.

1 hour ago, player73 said:

As MHS 77 said, and I'll agree to it and have been saying it from the start of the season. Those boys have been the most focused Driskell team we have seen to date. That's not taking a shot at other past teams either. Even the coaching staff is looking like the 18' year if not better. Yes there are standout players but it's more of a team up to down like you said. I listened to Brock’s HC and he even said we are scary as hell but Brock is as good as us too. 

Glad to hear you chime in and hopefully we can pull out a win. 

Edited by blackngoldtiger

36 minutes ago, GoBigBlue said:

Kinda surprised to see you guys having mutliple turnovers/fumbles this late in the season. I know they happen but gotta clean it up once you are this fair. 

Don't think we will.  Beginning of the year QB fired off a couple of games were he panicked and threw some but not lately.  Last week he threw one but it was a timing route.  Either he threw it to the wrong spot or the receiver turned the wrong way.  It wasn't an errant throw.  DB was just gifted one lol.  Our other turnover was an onside kick to start the game.  Just think the kids weren't ready.  Doubt that's the case this week.