4AD1 STATE SEMIFINAL - Chapel Hill vs Davenport @ McClane Stadium in Waco 12/8 at 7 PM

Stankylegg

Winner  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Winner

This poll is closed to new votes

2 hours ago, Jknight03 said:

https://www.expressnews.com/sports/high-school/article/coaches-corner-q-a-davenport-football-coach-jd-18535220.php 

there is alot of talk about State Championship, but not the Semi-Finals 

To be fair, the reporter is who asked the question about the SC.  The coach just gave an honest answer, which seemed to be on par with what any coach would say.  I don’t think this team is looking past CH.  I think they are new to the situation and don’t know what to think right now.  They have had the best year in school history this season.  The kids may not fully understand the place they are right now, because they have never been there before.  That’s not necessarily a negative or a positive.

CH has been here twice in as many years and has incredible motivation to get over this hump, but sometimes that type of monkey on your back can work against you mentally.

CH needs to play their game and treat it like any other Friday night punching the clock and going to work.  It’s 1 game, and the only game that matters.  Come Friday night, past game don’t matter and future games don’t matter.  It’s one game that demands 100% focus and effort.

Edited by Stankylegg
  • Like 2

These are the ways to watch/listen to the game Friday in Waco if you can't make it. Please share this with everyone to limit questions. Remember the YouTube channel will be audio only & have the halftime show for FREE.
SA Davenport vs Chapel Hill @ 7pm

3 hours ago, TopDog96 said:

One who is wrong all the time shouldn’t question anyone. lol

I wouldn’t say that hardly that accurate. I was wrong  about  Carthage and Kilgore and been picking Chill all year. You are just being butthurt . Calling a 30 point victory in the simi is kinda silly , especially considering he is pretty much anti East Texas for years.

Edited by Lion7000

4 hours ago, Lion7000 said:

I wouldn’t say that hardly that accurate. I was wrong  about  Carthage and Kilgore and been picking Chill all year. You are just being butthurt . Calling a 30 point victory in the simi is kinda silly , especially considering he is pretty much anti East Texas for years.

Happened last year to CH.   

12 hours ago, Stankylegg said:

To be fair, the reporter is who asked the question about the SC.  The coach just gave an honest answer, which seemed to be on par with what any coach would say.  I don’t think this team is looking past CH.  I think they are new to the situation and don’t know what to think right now.  They have had the best year in school history this season.  The kids may not fully understand the place they are right now, because they have never been there before.  That’s not necessarily a negative or a positive.

CH has been here twice in as many years and has incredible motivation to get over this hump, but sometimes that type of monkey on your back can work against you mentally.

getting that monkey off your back is hard to do...just ask Kilgore😉...Chapel Hill may be by far the more talented and experienced team in this game and I think they get it done...but Davenport not having experience in this round can also sometimes be pretty scary...the players may not truly recognize the magnitude of the game and it work in their favor...they have nothing to lose and may not feel the pressure to win this game...that's on Chapel Hill who has let it slip away twice already

Edited by kdogs00

2 hours ago, kdogs00 said:

getting that monkey off your back is hard to do...just ask Kilgore😉...Chapel Hill may be by far the more talented and experienced team in this game and I think they get it done...but Davenport not having experience in this round can also sometimes be pretty scary...the players may not truly recognize the magnitude of the game and it work in their favor...they have nothing to lose and may not feel the pressure to win this game...that's on Chapel Hill who has let it slip away twice already

100 percent correct. i believe the pressure is on chapel hill to win while the window is open  with stewart and company still in school. players like them don't come around often. you have to take advantage while you can.

2 hours ago, kdogs00 said:

The boys are focused and having fun so im excited 

9 hours ago, Lion7000 said:

You are a troll that picks against Chapel Hill in every poll. Go away!

4 minutes ago, TopDog96 said:

You are a troll that picks against Chapel Hill in every poll. Go away!

No that not accurate at all. I was not a believer and you know dang good I wasn’t rooting for Kilgore but however, expecting them to win. Glad I was wrong . I didn’t get butthurt because of it unlike you. Nor do I care unlike you. Also I am going anyway so shut it!!!

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Stankylegg said:

https://www.expressnews.com/sports/high-school/article/davenport-volleyball-team-shows-title-chasing-18535133.php

Another one

Just now, Stankylegg said:

I’m just not willing to pay $0.25 to read what a San Antonio media outlet has to say about a local team in a deep playoff run.  Just win and the problem is solved for CH.

Open in your browser then hit stop...and you can read it 

4 hours ago, jamonit said:

Kickoff in 33 hours..... Wonder how many will come to the game.  Not a long drive for east texas.  

I expect it to be a big crowd.  There's usually quite a few unassociated fans that come just to watch games at this point in the playoffs.

22 hours ago, Jknight03 said:

Open in your browser then hit stop...and you can read it 

I read it.  I still feel like the journalist is the one making the connection with state championships and asking questions for a story.  The coach just answered honestly.  

I just don’t think this proves that Davenport is looking past CH.