STATE SEMIFINAL: PNG vs. Liberty Hill Friday 7 PM in Cypress

RETIREDFAN1

PNG vs. Liberty Hill   

22 members have voted

1. 1. Semifinal

This poll is closed to new votes

1 hour ago, Lion7000 said:

Wow great match up. Kinda pulling for PNG . The shear atmosphere of their school is great. They totally embrace the Native Americans culture. 

One of the best atmospheres for high school football I've ever watched in person.  Especially when they are at home. The Reservation is a great home field advantage. Their fans travel very well no matter where they are playing. I must also add, although I'm a little prejudice, that they have one of the best high school bands in the state. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Golfingnut said:

One of the best atmospheres for high school football I've ever watched in person.  Especially when they are at home. The Reservation is a great home field advantage. Their fans travel very well no matter where they are playing. I must also add, although I'm a little prejudice, that they have one of the best high school bands in the state. 

I saw them at state last year. I was pleasantly surprised by it. I couldn’t imagine a home game. I really hope they win state this year.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Lion7000 said:

I saw them at state last year. I was pleasantly surprised by it. I couldn’t imagine a home game. I really hope they win state this year.

I was there. They played well in the 1st half but SOC was just too much for them in the 2nd.

I hope they win this year also but first they need to take care of Liberty Hill and I don't think it will be as easy as last year. 

Last year was my 1st time to go to the state championship games. Can't wait to go back. 

19 minutes ago, Golfingnut said:

I was there. They played well in the 1st half but SOC was just too much for them in the 2nd.

I hope they win this year also but first they need to take care of Liberty Hill and I don't think it will be as easy as last year. 

Last year was my 1st time to go to the state championship games. Can't wait to go back. 

Agree and if you get the chance go yearly and stay all the games fri and sat . Very exciting especially games you have no emotional attachment with. 

• Thanks 1

On 12/3/2023 at 1:10 PM, VonG said:

I can.

I can't see why you say that. No one predicted Lovejoy to be held to zero points. These 2 teams were ranked 1 & 2 in the state in 5A DII. I can see them being beat but not the dominance that was handed to them.

One thing that scares me about Liberty Hill is their Slot T offense. I hate that offense. Although PN-G handled well last year it's still an offense that can crumble defenses. Liberty Hill is much better this year as are the Indians but last year PN-G forced several turnovers that deflated that Slot T. Also I'm concerned about PN-G letting up in the 2nd half.  They've done it several times this year and it was their downfall against SOC in the Championship game last year. 

4 hours ago, nacdragon07 said:

So it’s the let’s see who’s going to lose to SOC game. 
im picking PNG to pull this out in a close one. Maybe by 3 or 7

Agree I really hope they do beat them this year. Soc didn’t handle their win with class from the fans I saw last year.

• Like 1