1 hour ago, Pax said:

These are last year's attendance numbers from the UIL / ATT Stadium :

1AD2 - 4,703

1AD1 - 4,232

2AD2 - 6,504

2AD1 - 7,972

3AD2 - 11,700

3AD1 - 13,721

Capacity at The Star is 12,000 I believe.  There's also the issue that it's not just about having enough room for seating for the game, but enough seating (and parking) to allow for the "exchange" of fans from one game to the next.  Never mind the capacity for the game; it's the capacity for the transition from one set of fans to the next that would cause the problems.  I think attendance above was a bit down from the norm as well.  I don't see The Star being able to accommodate the crowds.  I'm not sure how they count attendance either.  I know the group I go with generally go the day of the game we want to see (3AD2) early enough to watch all three games.  Obviously, they aren't sending people in the crowds counting heads, so I don't know how they factor in people who go and stay all day.  The numbers above might be just "people through the gate" between this time and that time; it doesn't necessarily account for the people who don't leave between games, so under that assumption, I'd say the above numbers are lower than the actual number of people in the seats.  I could be wrong, but even so - certainly the 3A games couldn't be held at The Star at those recorded attendances - at least not conveniently and comfortably.  Then you have the parking issue.  AT&T is designed to accommodate a lot of cars wanting to park for an event at the stadium.  At The Star, it's not so much.  It's kind of squashed in a pretty popular area already - even with no events going on at The Star.

Maybe I'm just misunderstanding or misinformed, but I didn't think they were adding 7A D1 and D2....just 7A.  I thought there was also talk of adding a third division to 6A and decided to just call it 7A.  In other words, it's just one extra game.  I could be very wrong about that, but if it's just one extra game, I don't see a big problem.  The games are already Wed-Sat.  When they first started having the games at AT&T, they were trying to fit in 4 a day, and that became a problem.  BUT, perhaps you could play 4 games on Wed and only on Wed.  Or someone could give Jerry a call and tell him not to schedule a home game on that Sunday, and just move some games to that Sunday.  Short of that, and assuming 7A will only have 1 Division, it could look something like this :

Wed - 1AD2, 1AD1, 2AD2, 2AD1

Thur - 3AD2, 3AD1, 4AD2

Fri - 4AD1, 5AD2, 5AD1

Sat - 6AD2, 6AD1, 7A

Or this is a stupid idea and I don't know what I'm talking about. 

That's a good point on the transition. I will agree to that. Parking isn't bad, imo. I've never had a problem with parking there. Playoff experiences are not just about the game either. People do like to look at the whole staduim or area and enjoy the experience. 

Take Forney's field last week for us. Great field and stands but Forney didn't do a great good on concession stand and bathrooms. Only had one open for both. First time in a long time I had to wait in line to go to the bathroom, felt like I was going to a DF game 👀 😆

That wouldn't be an bad idea for the games when uil decides to go up to 7A. I could see them moving one of the 1A games to a Tuesday night than 4 games in one day. 

• Wow 1

13 hours ago, MattStepp said:

No, six-man does not want to be treated as "second class citizens" they want to play where everyone else plays 

UIL has placed (what was 3A and is now) 4A State Baseball Semis and Finals at Disch Falk for the past 15 years while everyone else plays at Dell Diamond.  Haven't heard anyone in 4A complain about being treated like second class citizens. And often times they are unable to allow fans into the stadium until an hour before the first semi-final game because the Longhorns are still practicing prior to Regionals.  Somehow they make it work. 

10 hours ago, blackngoldtiger said:

That's a good point on the transition. I will agree to that. Parking isn't bad, imo. I've never had a problem with parking there. Playoff experiences are not just about the game either. People do like to look at the whole staduim or area and enjoy the experience. 

Take Forney's field last week for us. Great field and stands but Forney didn't do a great good on concession stand and bathrooms. Only had one open for both. First time in a long time I had to wait in line to go to the bathroom, felt like I was going to a DF game 👀 😆

That wouldn't be an bad idea for the games when uil decides to go up to 7A. I could see them moving one of the 1A games to a Tuesday night than 4 games in one day. 

That stung a lil bit 

8 hours ago, Goatboy said:

UIL has placed (what was 3A and is now) 4A State Baseball Semis and Finals at Disch Falk for the past 15 years while everyone else plays at Dell Diamond.  Haven't heard anyone in 4A complain about being treated like second class citizens. And often times they are unable to allow fans into the stadium until an hour before the first semi-final game because the Longhorns are still practicing prior to Regionals.  Somehow they make it work. 

I think the UIL could make it work with The Star..but they won't move it if they aren't forced to...I think they'd put six-man Tuesday before they've move them to Frisco

I always thought having some games at Disch-Falk was more a timing thing to ensure the entire state baseball tournament is played in a timely manner...

On 12/3/2023 at 11:38 PM, Mavchamp said:

Bally Sports has been a colossal failure for many fans nationwide...including those in North Texas.

No deals with the majority of streaming services (Hulu, Youtube).... unavailability on many cable outlets.

Rangers, Mavericks, and Stars games have been difficult to find for a lotta folks.

UIL state championships are no exception.  Anyone that doesn't have Bally on their cable....or doesn't have Fubo or Direct streaming is left out in the cold.

Now Bally is saying they will likely cease operations next September with the conclusion of the MLB season.

What then?  Who picks up the state championship games then?

Will another RSN step up?  Or could it go back to the way it was back in the day when a local DFW station distributed Ranger and Mav games.  Same with the state championships.

I don't have Bally since I switched to Youtube (I dumped Direct because of the Fox51 debacle).

Now....I have the Dallas games.....but nothing for HSFB.

Very frustrating.

Smoaky.com streaming service coming at you for $29.99 a month! 🤣  (this is a joke for the literal folks.)

• LOL! 3

7 minutes ago, Grainraiser said:

I have attended every Saturday championship game since 2010. I do not want to go back to the 4 games a day format due to those games never ever start on time. There were times when the final game ended after 11pm.

Used to go watch every game, 3 days. Done it 6 years in a row.  Seen lots of good games, and stand out athletes.  loved it.

Maybe I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed, nor the shiniest but why is it so difficult to televise the biggest high school sporting event in the nation? Literally THSF is the biggest event for all high schools in the nation and most of the damn state won't be able to watch. Direct/Dish are horrendous with these contracts. Just put the 💩 on YouTube live with commentators and call it a day.  

• Like 4

On 12/5/2023 at 4:03 PM, HSBRangers said:

If Bally does drop them for 2024, I wonder who they would partner with to televise their games. I sure hope it's not Apple TV. I subscribe to them so my sons could watch MLS and the quality of most telecasts was pretty bad!! Also you have to pay a monthly premium just to have Apple (which is fairly cheap) but then have to pay another chunk for MLS games!!!

18 minutes ago, hoopscoach17 said:

If Bally does drop them for 2024, I wonder who they would partner with to televise their games. I sure hope it's not Apple TV. I subscribe to them so my sons could watch MLS and the quality of most telecasts was pretty bad!! Also you have to pay a monthly premium just to have Apple (which is fairly cheap) but then have to pay another chunk for MLS games!!!

I have heard FUBO Tv is good for sports. Never looked in to it but passing along what I have heard.

On 12/6/2023 at 2:00 PM, JasonDellaRosa said:

yeah cuz people in El Paso and Corpus Christi and wherever should just go watch in person instead of on TV.

It's just the way it is in a state the size of Texas.  There's no way to make it 100% even for everyone.  Life is all about choices.  You choose where to live and can choose whether to travel to see in person or watch on TV.  It's the same for everyone in that regard.

Keep game schedule the way it is.  It has been working pretty good for a number of years and is likely the best option.  Also, people are used to it and can plan well ahead to make it work for them.  I'd hate for them to start tinkering with it and potentially make it worse.