3AD1 state championship Franklin vs Malakoff

blackngoldtiger

Franklin vs Malakoff  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Who you got?

This poll is closed to new votes

3 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

That was a terrible call ... he clearly caught the ball and turned upfield ... lost it when he went down ...

I totally agree.  That was a catch and the young man reached out toward the down marker.   Not sure why that play didn’t stand as called on the field. 
Congrats to the Tigers on a great defensive plan.   I would have never thought no team could have held the Lions to just 7 points. 

Great game. 

On the spitting issue.  Once the official on the sideline learned of the incident, he should have went over to the head official and had a conversation like they do on intentional grounding calls.  I’m pretty sure the head official could have called up for a booth review. 
Number 11 should have been ejected and a fifteen yard mark off should have happened.  
Spitting on someone intentionally is worst than targeting and taking a swing at someone.   

34 minutes ago, yoenation79 said:

On the spitting issue.  Once the official on the sideline learned of the incident, he should have went over to the head official and had a conversation like they do on intentional grounding calls.  I’m pretty sure the head official could have called up for a booth review. 
Number 11 should have been ejected and a fifteen yard mark off should have happened.  
Spitting on someone intentionally is worst than targeting and taking a swing at someone.   

Definitely. My grandfather told me when I was 4 or 5 "If I ever hear about you spitting on someone or taking a man's hat off his head I'll disown you. I'd rather you kill someone." 25 years later I've never spat on someone or touched a man's hat (I think he meant cowboy hats but just to be safe I've treated caps the same)

Edited by Lambo
  • Like 1

I think more people were/are in shock, even the Franklin fans that Koff was able to hold Franklin's offense to what they did. I mean, 4 straight trips to state, former 2 time in a row state champion were supposed to be lightyears far better than Koff, region 3 team at that, played better teams, and the list goes on, man. Only a few thought it could happen. I said last week and I'll say it again, Koff did what it was supposed to do, match the physicality of Franklin, played all 3 phases, and didn't get rattled up by big turn of events. That's what made them the better team yesterday. What surprised me more than anything was Franklin not being able to handle themselves as usual, Franklin has been in the spot many of times and they didn't seem okay at all. Even at the beginning of the game, you could tell Franklin wasn't at ease and comfortable. 

As far as the calls of the game, if Franklin wanted it bad enough, they would've overcame them to win the game. Simple as that. Even on the one catch, Franklin was gonna be 4th and 1. Yeah, they probably would've gone for it but the fact that it was gonna be another 4th down was still huge. I think the other thing that shocked Franklin was the team speed and not able to do any big yardage plays like they were accustomed too. 

Shootout to that Koff coaching staff y'all do an amazing job year in and year out. It's been a long time coming but all of Koff is happy and glad that you guys finally got a ring now. To this year's team, great season! Y'alls focus throughout the whole season didn't go unnoticed and you guys proved a lot of folks wrong and did y'alls thing! Enjoy it!

We are Malakoff!!!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, blackngoldtiger said:

I think more people were/are in shock, even the Franklin fans that Koff was able to hold Franklin's offense to what they did. I mean, 4 straight trips to state, former 2 time in a row state champion were supposed to be lightyears far better than Koff, region 3 team at that, played better teams, and the list goes on, man. Only a few thought it could happen. I said last week and I'll say it again, Koff did what it was supposed to do, match the physicality of Franklin, played all 3 phases, and didn't get rattled up by big turn of events. That's what made them the better team yesterday. What surprised me more than anything was Franklin not being able to handle themselves as usual, Franklin has been in the spot many of times and they didn't seem okay at all. Even at the beginning of the game, you could tell Franklin wasn't at ease and comfortable. 

As far as the calls of the game, if Franklin wanted it bad enough, they would've overcame them to win the game. Simple as that. Even on the one catch, Franklin was gonna be 4th and 1. Yeah, they probably would've gone for it but the fact that it was gonna be another 4th down was still huge. I think the other thing that shocked Franklin was the team speed and not able to do any big yardage plays like they were accustomed too. 

Shootout to that Koff coaching staff y'all do an amazing job year in and year out. It's been a long time coming but all of Koff is happy and glad that you guys finally got a ring now. To this year's team, great season! Y'alls focus throughout the whole season didn't go unnoticed and you guys proved a lot of folks wrong and did y'alls thing! Enjoy it!

We are Malakoff!!!

Can't overcome something that happened constantly.... you have no idea how many people from gunter, tidehaven, mart, ect were telling us that we couldn't catch a break. Franklin was 3-4 on 4th down for the night and the only time they didn't complete a 4th down was at the end. So yeah that was a huge call and it impacted the game. Franklin got called for holding twice and koff 0 times. I know there is holding on every play but when it's obvious it needs to be called. Koff had facemask called once on them and only because it was so obvious but happen multiple times. I had a tidehaven fan tell me that when the head ref had to make a call against koff for false start that he seemed like he was upset that he had to make that call. Look I'm not taking away anything for Koff they are state champs for the first time and it's a great feeling seeing we won our first only two years ago. Koff has a great team no doubt but to say those calls didn't impact the game is a foolish statement. Again no hate towards koff just the truth. Congrats on being state champs

2 hours ago, yoenation79 said:

You have no idea how many people from Koff are telling people from Franklin to relax about the spitting incident. It is honestly shocking that so many are condoning it. Like it's okay to spit on someone.

13 minutes ago, lionpride08 said:

Can't overcome something that happened constantly.... you have no idea how many people from gunter, tidehaven, mart, ect were telling us that we couldn't catch a break. Franklin was 3-4 on 4th down for the night and the only time they didn't complete a 4th down was at the end. So yeah that was a huge call and it impacted the game. Franklin got called for holding twice and koff 0 times. I know there is holding on every play but when it's obvious it needs to be called. Koff had facemask called once on them and only because it was so obvious but happen multiple times. I had a tidehaven fan tell me that when the head ref had to make a call against koff for false start that he seemed like he was upset that he had to make that call. Look I'm not taking away anything for Koff they are state champs for the first time and it's a great feeling seeing we won our first only two years ago. Koff has a great team no doubt but to say those calls didn't impact the game is a foolish statement. Again no hate towards koff just the truth. Congrats on being state champs

What about the blatant Facemack on #12 that Jackson did to him while he was being held lol?

The refs were definitely not the best at all but if you watched Wednesday and the mart game before that the refs let everyone play and hardly called anything. The Timpson game wednesday night was crazy so many penalties that should of been called and they let Tolar hit timpson after whistle all night. The one thing I can say about the refs at state so far.....they arent calling anything on anyone and letting it play out. 

Edited by Allheartnoquit

11 minutes ago, lionpride08 said:

We had every call go against us last week vs Brock and koff overcame them and still won. Yes, you can overcome them. Don't say you can't. Franklin didn't want it enough. There was missed calls on both sides. Koff didn't tell the officials to review that play. That was uil. Uil could've stop the plays at any point to review them. 

6 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

That was a terrible call ... he clearly caught the ball and turned upfield ... lost it when he went down ...

I agree that I thought it was too close to be overturned by the official.  He did lose control of the ball but I guess the kid didn't make a move enough to be called a catch. Thing is calls are made during games that are controversial.  We all have to live with them and come back from them.  Kof played one hell of a game in stopping the slot T.   Hats off, and congratulations Koff for a very hard fought game.  

Malakoff was the best team in the state I have said it all playoffs and season. Coach Driskell has his best team ever at Malakoff and it showed bringing home the title...They bring all the leaders back plus Tennison who didnt even get to play....Driskell has something brewing in Malakoff this was the 1st of many he is about to take in 3A

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, lionpride08 said:

You have no idea how many people from Koff are telling people from Franklin to relax about the spitting incident. It is honestly shocking that so many are condoning it. Like it's okay to spit on someone.

Name one person that said it's okay to be spit on? Smh. 

3 minutes ago, Allheartnoquit said:

What about the blatant Facemack on #12 that Jackson did to him while he was being held lol?

The refs were definitely not the best at all but if you watched Wednesday and the mart game before that the refs let everyone play and hardly called anything. The Timpson game wednesday night was crazy so many penalties that should of been called and they let Tolar hit timpson after whistle all night. The one thing I can say about the refs at state so far.....they arent calling anything on anyone and letting it play out. 

Yes you are correct about all the games 

1 minute ago, blackngoldtiger said:

We had every call go against us last week vs Brock and koff overcame them and still won. Yes, you can overcome them. Don't say you can't. Franklin didn't want it enough. There was missed calls on both sides. Koff didn't tell the officials to review that play. That was uil. Uil could've stop the plays at any point to review them. 

100% they're were missed calls both ways but Franklin's came in critical times of the game. He clearly caught the ball and then extended he arm towards a first down marker. They weren't even reviewing if he caught it they were reviewing the spot.

BTW that is a grown adult that is saying this. We have video of it. He walked right up to him and spit on him. He could have spit on the ground anywhere but chose to walk up to him and spit on him. That is not the only post of someone defending this action either.

Edited by lionpride08

5 minutes ago, lionpride08 said:

100% they're were missed calls both ways but Franklin's came in critical times of the game. He clearly caught the ball and then extended he arm towards a first down marker. They weren't even reviewing if he caught it they were reviewing the spot.

I know what they were doing. But to say that Franklin lost the game cause of that is dumb. Koff's defense is what won the game and you know that. 

1 minute ago, blackngoldtiger said:

I know what they were doing. But to say that Franklin lost the game cause of that is dumb. Koff's defense is what won the game and you know that. 

I have said that koff played lights out on both sides of the ball. Franklin lost because of the un forced fumble at the one yard line. Can't make mistakes like that against great all around teams like koff

4 minutes ago, lionpride08 said:

I said multiple but one posted once but sure I will get you more. Smh dude you have been respectful but come on now you know it was wrong

I never said it was right to begin with and I don't agree with it either. But for you say that a handful of koff fans speak for all of koff is ridiculous. You think that kids dad approves of that either, I can assure he doesn't. The kid made an mistake and which he'll have to face it head on now. 

Edited by blackngoldtiger

6 minutes ago, blackngoldtiger said:

I never said it was right to begin with and I don't agree with it either. But for you say that a handful of koff fans speak for all of koff is ridiculous. You think that kids dad approves of that either, I can assure he doesn't. The kid made an mistake and which he'll have to face it head on now. 

Never said you agreed with it. But you said show one person so I did. Now it's how can one person speak for koff so I said I have more. Then it was how can a handful of people speak for koff. In no way did I say how can the town of koff condone this action. I said I was shocked how many condone this action as okay. Which does not point out the town at all.

It doesn’t matter who the person is, who his parents are or where they are from. Spitting on someone is one of the most despicable thing a person can do to anyone. I was at the game but I didn’t see the incident until the guys I was with started talking about on the way home. Goggle spitting on a person in Texas !! 

• Thanks 1