★ UIL Realignment 2023-25 ★

Panther89

10 minutes ago, Allheartnoquit said:

They can meet in the middle if they need to also

We did that with Salado last alignment. From my understanding, that was the only way that we were going to play them was going halfway. 

I don't see that being a problem if both schools agree to it.

If you look at the teams played the last few times in realignment. Driskell tries to stay around 1.5 hours to a stadium. 

The last time we had seen a team 2 or more hour drive there, was when we scheduled Dangerfield back in 13'/14'. I could have the years wrong. 

I think it comes down to who's available, imo and if the other teams are willing to play or agree to halfway. 

44 minutes ago, Destry said:

Would personally like to see: 

Ore City

Union Grove

Harleton

Hawkins

Big Sandy

Alba Golden

Pewitt

dont think it will happen though

I bet all of the schools in that scenario would love to see that too lol.

The way it works is you try to schedule teams that are relatively close because there are also JV and JH programs that need to play week in and week out.  I said that as of right now Gunter is not on the schedule and Malakoff would like to have a game that is closer.  Coach Driskell does not ever have an easy job when it comes to scheduling and it will only get tougher.  Yes we played Salado but it was pretty much our only choice unless we go with a 9 game schedule.  As for the 1/2  way point that is all fine and dandy but now you basically lose a JV game and you cut yourself back to at most 4 home games for the year.  We are not making any excuses concerning playing anyone ( I think we proved we can play a little this year) but we do like to keep in mind both our fans and our sub varsity programs when building a schedule.  

29 minutes ago, Bulldognation1 said:

Would like to see Pewitt come into Cooper’s district. Pewitt may not be what they use to be, but they surely will be better competition than Alba, Como, Boles, Wolfe City…

Pewitt is fine. They are not on the level of Cooper right now, but go look at their schedule from last year. It was brutal. 

2 hours ago, 70Blood said:

The way it works is you try to schedule teams that are relatively close because there are also JV and JH programs that need to play week in and week out.  I said that as of right now Gunter is not on the schedule and Malakoff would like to have a game that is closer.  Coach Driskell does not ever have an easy job when it comes to scheduling and it will only get tougher.  Yes we played Salado but it was pretty much our only choice unless we go with a 9 game schedule.  As for the 1/2  way point that is all fine and dandy but now you basically lose a JV game and you cut yourself back to at most 4 home games for the year.  We are not making any excuses concerning playing anyone ( I think we proved we can play a little this year) but we do like to keep in mind both our fans and our sub varsity programs when building a schedule.  

Most schools Jr highs only play 7 games or less and start later. We traveled 3 hours to play jasper for a home and home and our JV played as well. The Jr high wasn't playing yet. We have a hard time finding teams to play as well

3 hours ago, 70Blood said:

May have to go out of his usual this time around. I understand your thinking, which I think everyone else does too. But it maybe time that Koff starts getting rid of that thinking too.

Gunter is under 2 hours. It's only 15 minutes more than going out 1.5 hours from Koff. 

Yes, non district games schedules before realignment are called rough drafts.  

Sometimes schools get surprised that a rivalry game is now no longer district.  So they have to drop someone to make it a non-district game.  Saw it hapen to the Stephenville/Brownwood & San Saba/Goldthwaite rivalries.  

• Like 1

On 12/29/2023 at 6:41 PM, DenCoFan said:

I don't know about some of the metro districts, but with China Spring, Anna, Waco Connally, Burkburnett, and Wichita Falls all leaving the range of Region 2 and only Lake Dallas and Aubrey coming in to replace them, it's going to be interesting what the UIL does. Some DFW schools are going to end up in Region 1, which will be really unfortunate for playoffs in terms of travel distances. Maybe something like this out of old Districts 4-8

District 4: Decatur, Springtown, Mineral Wells, Lake Worth, River Oaks Castleberry, Stephenville, Alvarado

District 5: Fort Worth Carter-Riverside, Fort Worth Diamond Hill-Jarvis, Fort Worth Dunbar, Fort Worth Eastern Hills, Fort Worth Western Hills, Kennedale

District 6: Aubrey, Celina, Frisco Panther Creek, Lake Dallas, Carrollton Ranchview

District 7: Dallas Carter, Dallas Hutchins, Dallas Pinkston, North Dallas, Waxahachie Life

District 8: Kaufman, Mabank, Nevada Community, Paris, Sulphur Springs

WF won’t have a 4A team besides the surrounding community of Burk