★ UIL Realignment 2023-25 ★

Panther89

44 minutes ago, supermaroon said:

Not trying to be rude or anything but is there a reason the dave Campbell's snapshot article hasn't been updated since last night? Has no one else sent in their numbers?

The biggest reason is I was at work lol 

it's updated now

• Grumpy 1

On 10/25/2023 at 8:39 AM, GraysonFan said:

So far in Grayson County and nearby, all the "rumors" I have heard are:

* Going to be real close on both Howe and Gunter moving up to 3A-I.  More than likely both do though.

* Leonard real possibility of moving down to 2A-I.  

* Bells has a large current freshman class that has around 30 more than the others so they are going to be up quite a bit on numbers but well below 3A-I cutoff

* Whitewright will stay 2A-I

Bells’ current sophomore class is the largest class in Bells history. 

• Like 1

a few numbers that I have not seen of schools that could bounce up or down and a few I'm just interested in.

McKinney North

Pine Tree

Sherman

Vernon

Anna

Melissa

Paris

Royse City

Little Elm

Van

Grapevine

Colleyville Heritage

Allen

Waxahachie

Ennis

Corsicana

San Marcos

Midland

Midland Lee

Odessa

Odessa Permian

Its crazy to me that it takes so long to get these numbers for some schools. Just send in your number. Waiting on other numbers to come in to "announce" yours seems shady. Hope some schools don't pull an alto. I get schools with half time students and all that but by today you should know your number. You knew it was coming since the beginning of school shouldn't be that hard. I don't know why there is still this antiquated system. UIL should have access to piems numbers with ID numbers only that shows the number of kids in school. No Violation of Ferpa there. 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Slickarick said:

Its crazy to me that it takes so long to get these numbers for some schools. Just send in your number. Waiting on other numbers to come in to "announce" yours seems shady. Hope some schools don't pull an alto. I get schools with half time students and all that but by today you should know your number. You knew it was coming since the beginning of school shouldn't be that hard. I don't know why there is still this antiquated system. UIL should have access to piems numbers with ID numbers only that shows the number of kids in school. No Violation of Ferpa there. 

Agreed. There is absolutely zero excuse for these numbers to not be ready well ahead of time. The snapshot dates are fixed, every two years. We all know when it's happening, and what is required. It's all digital, viewable in real-time.

The entire process should take five minutes, tops. 

23 minutes ago, BevBrownJr said:

If I correctly read the DCTF magazine that I bought this past summer, it was 800 last time (2 years ago).

That is what I saw too. I remember an interview where I heard coach S said the numbers were down little from the previous years

4 hours ago, wtlobos said:

Longview moving to 6A, could be in a 9 team district possibly....

I could see that....Both Rockwalls, Both Forney's, Legacy, Royce City, Longview, Mesquite and Horn.

I could also see a 7-team district where the Mesquite schools get shuffled with some Dallas schools.

Royce City is opening another school soon at it should be 6A very quickly as well.(not sure the exact ETA)

• Like 1

22 hours ago, VonG said:

Longview going back to 6a with those numbers. Unless the uil raises the number higher than that.

The only way that LHS stays 5A is that if a large number of metropolitan schools have jumped ahead of them, which is a big possibility. Schools in the Frisco ISD have to be getting close. The Houston area ISD's are still exploding. Several new high schools have opened since the last realignment. Can't say if any of the Austin metro schools will jump up. The most likely are 2 of the high schools in the Leander ISD which right now are 5A. That school district is growing like crazy so there is a chance they could move up. Also, word is that both Prosper ISD schools are close to moving up. I'm certain there are several others that I haven't heard about. It will definitely be close but there is a chance Longview stays 5A. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, HSBRangers said:

I could see that....Both Rockwalls, Both Forney's, Legacy, Royce City, Longview, Mesquite and Horn.

I could also see a 7-team district where the Mesquite schools get shuffled with some Dallas schools.

Royce City is opening another school soon at it should be 6A very quickly as well.(not sure the exact ETA)

I was seeing the exact same possibility. Lancaster probably moving up as well but I see them moving into the district with the Mansfield schools, DeSoto and Wax

Unless they add a new district to Dallas the Mesquite schools should remain in 10-6A. They could move them but they would only be moving them from one 9 team district to another. I don't expect alot of movement because there not that many schools moving up. Longview, Forney and Lancaster are the only schools moving up in the eastern section of DFW. Surprisingly they are all from the same district.

• Thanks 1