Jump to content

STATE FINAL 4AD2 - Gilmer vs Bellville


kingwolf

Gilmer vs Bellville  

113 members have voted

  1. 1. Who ya got??


This poll is closed to new votes


Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, 89Falcon said:

Like I said from the beginning, whoever wins will be the better team. Gilmer is the better team. I never said who would win the game, only countered crazy talk running Bellville down. Bellville gave a good account, but Gilmer is the better team. 

Way to show up and speak up, says a lot about you.  Bellville is a good team and Gilmer won tonight.

Great job by both teams, no heads hanging.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, 89Falcon said:

Like I said from the beginning, whoever wins will be the better team. Gilmer is the better team. I never said who would win the game, only countered crazy talk running Bellville down. Bellville gave a good account, but Gilmer is the better team. 

Both are great teams! Great game!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, 89Falcon said:

Like I said from the beginning, whoever wins will be the better team. Gilmer is the better team. I never said who would win the game, only countered crazy talk running Bellville down. Bellville gave a good account, but Gilmer is the better team. 

Beast from the East, this year it is Gilmer. 
Two East Texas teams in 4A, Chapel Hill didn’t finish like they had hoped but Gilmer did. East Texas still the King of 4A football. Gilmer played their rear ends off today. Congratulations 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

I'm sorry to say this......but IMHO the Gilmer PLAYERS won this game DESPITE the Gilmer coaching staff.....they are as dumb as rocks.  There.....I said it.  My brother concurs.

This is the Gilmer’s HC’s 8th state championship game. His 4th title. Same for several other coaches on his staff. I think he knows what he’s doing. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Roll Eyes 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, SHillBuckeye said:

This is the Gilmer’s HC’s 8th state championship game. His 4th title. Same for several other coaches on his staff. I think he knows what he’s doing. 

Coach Metzel was at Pine Tree with Tim Russell in 2004 so it's just his 7th. Thank God he came back here.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

Congrats Gilmer on your 4th state title in football.  How ironic is it that the defense was the weak link early in the year, and it’s the defense that won the close games when it counted down the stretch in the playoffs.

True. Gilmer’s defense is young too! That DL will be killer next year!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, michaelmyers said:

Hey Falcon does Bellville graduate a lot of players or will they get a lot back next year?

Quite a few coming back. Would not expect a big drop off. Knowing what I know about what Carthage has in the que, it is hard to pick against Carthage for the next two years.

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, michaelmyers said:

Hey Falcon does Bellville graduate a lot of players or will they get a lot back next year?

Not Falcon but I am pretty sure B'ville is a senior heavy team. I can't remember where I saw it but I will try and find it again. 

Here is a link to the roster:

Roster - Bellville Brahmas (Bellville, TX) Varsity Football 20-21 (maxpreps.com)

Edited by blesseddaily
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Gen7Dragon said:

#1 for Gilmer best individual performance I've witnessed in a while. 

I'm not sure  about week in and week out, but today he looked like the best back in 4a. 

He was definitely the X factor. 

He was one of the best players on the field in every game he played.  He was definitely the MVP today.  Did I see him wearing TCU gloves in the game?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, blesseddaily said:

Not Falcon but I am pretty sure B'ville is a senior heavy team. I can't remember where I saw it but I will try and find it again. 

Here is a link to the roster:

Roster - Bellville Brahmas (Bellville, TX) Varsity Football 20-21 (maxpreps.com)

Most of the big guns other than Hranicky are back. Could easily see them back in the finals, but as mentioned previously, Carthage will be difficult for the next two years. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, 89Falcon said:

Quite a few coming back. Would not expect a big drop off. Knowing what I know about what Carthage has in the que, it is hard to pick against Carthage for the next two years.

Yeah we will definitely have a good squad the next two years but just like this year anything can happen. I look for Bellville to be right back in the mix again next year. Todays game was decided by two missed extra points. Y’alls boys are great sports and play great clean ball. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...