Jump to content

STATE FINAL 4AD2 - Gilmer vs Bellville


kingwolf

Gilmer vs Bellville  

113 members have voted

  1. 1. Who ya got??


This poll is closed to new votes


Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, metalhead10 said:

I know y`all been having fun with 89Falcon, and he's trolling, but #99 for Bellville is an awesome player. Any team in Texas would want him on their team. I'm looking forward to seeing him play in person on Friday........The same way that Bellville fans should be looking forward to seeing #1 for Gilmer play in person. You won't likely see speed like #1 has anytime again soon, and just like #99 for Bellville, any team in Texas would want #1 from Gilmer on their team. Two fantastic athletes.

Bellville runs their offense exceptionally well AND unlike a lot of slot/wing T offenses, they have some RBs who are darn good athletes and have some good speed. Seems like a lot of slot/wing T offensive teams rely on perfect execution and timing to get yards (Liberty Hill in 2007 was an absolute machine), Bellville has this and good athletes on top of it. They are going to move the ball and score some points on Gilmer, that's a given. They will probably score a good amount of points to be honest.

That being said, I watched the Bellville/Wimberley game and it was a great one. I love the Wimberley QB. He' built kind of like a fire hydrant and doesn't really look like much, but I would take him on my team any day of the week and twice on Sunday. Great effort from that kid. He was 24 for 31 passing for 275 yards and ran the ball 40 times for 200 yards.....And he does not have one single receiver/running back that could start for Gilmer and he wouldn't be the starting QB for Gilmer either. That's not a knock on the Wimberley kids, it's just that Gilmer is exceptionally talented at the skill positions.

If the Gilmer coaches implement the right game plan Gilmer, it should have the Buckeyes scoring a lot of points, and I do mean a lot of points.

So as has been the story of this unexpected season from the Buckeyes, they will have to outscore Bellville, and the right game plan will do just that.

Gilmer seems to ALWAYS struggle with slot/wing T offenses, so it's going to take a near perfect effort from the Buckeyes, but they have come this far, why not win just one more game that they are picked to lose.

Safe travels to everyone.

Finally a honest assessment of the game. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, metalhead10 said:

I know y`all been having fun with 89Falcon, and he's trolling, but #99 for Bellville is an awesome player. Any team in Texas would want him on their team. I'm looking forward to seeing him play in person on Friday........The same way that Bellville fans should be looking forward to seeing #1 for Gilmer play in person. You won't likely see speed like #1 has anytime again soon, and just like #99 for Bellville, any team in Texas would want #1 from Gilmer on their team. Two fantastic athletes.

Bellville runs their offense exceptionally well AND unlike a lot of slot/wing T offenses, they have some RBs who are darn good athletes and have some good speed. Seems like a lot of slot/wing T offensive teams rely on perfect execution and timing to get yards (Liberty Hill in 2007 was an absolute machine), Bellville has this and good athletes on top of it. They are going to move the ball and score some points on Gilmer, that's a given. They will probably score a good amount of points to be honest.

That being said, I watched the Bellville/Wimberley game and it was a great one. I love the Wimberley QB. He' built kind of like a fire hydrant and doesn't really look like much, but I would take him on my team any day of the week and twice on Sunday. Great effort from that kid. He was 24 for 31 passing for 275 yards and ran the ball 40 times for 200 yards.....And he does not have one single receiver/running back that could start for Gilmer and he wouldn't be the starting QB for Gilmer either. That's not a knock on the Wimberley kids, it's just that Gilmer is exceptionally talented at the skill positions.

If the Gilmer coaches implement the right game plan Gilmer, it should have the Buckeyes scoring a lot of points, and I do mean a lot of points.

So as has been the story of this unexpected season from the Buckeyes, they will have to outscore Bellville, and the right game plan will do just that.

Gilmer seems to ALWAYS struggle with slot/wing T offenses, so it's going to take a near perfect effort from the Buckeyes, but they have come this far, why not win just one more game that they are picked to lose.

Safe travels to everyone.

Excellent write-up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Anyone remember that time Gilmer was going to donkey stomp the slot-t from Liberty Hill in the championship game?  There was so much arrogance from Gilmer the week leading up to the game.  

Having reminisced on that for a moment... I've never seen Bellville.  Got to go with Gilmer in this one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, 89Falcon said:

Bellville RBs go have a great game and add to the stats!
 

DD Murray  1991 yds 11.1 yds/carry 37 TDs.

Corrian Hood 1556 yds 9.1/carry 24 TDs

Sam Hranicky 1848 yds 9.5 yds/carry 23 TDs

Great stats but I don’t see Kilgore, Chapel Hill, PG, or Carthage on the list of teams played. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, 89Falcon said:

Bellville RBs go have a great game and add to the stats!
 

DD Murray  1991 yds 11.1 yds/carry 37 TDs.

Corrian Hood 1556 yds 9.1/carry 24 TDs

Sam Hranicky 1848 yds 9.5 yds/carry 23 TDs

Is Nick Saban going to be attending the game?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, 89Falcon said:

Bellville RBs go have a great game and add to the stats!
 

DD Murray  1991 yds 11.1 yds/carry 37 TDs.

Corrian Hood 1556 yds 9.1/carry 24 TDs

Sam Hranicky 1848 yds 9.5 yds/carry 23 TDs

Those total yards and yds/carry dropped off significantly in their last two games as they came up against better competition.  Yards/carry dropped from 9.2 to 6.4, still very good, but going to be tougher still against Gilmer and the passing game isn't there if needed.  

Scoring / TDs also dropped significantly.  

Both are to be expected.  I just don't see Bellville matching up but I'm always wanting to see a slot-t team do good.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, Lion7000 said:

Gilmer has the pedigree and ability. Bellville is a machine both offensively and defensively. 
I forgot how many times the Bucks have been there but thankfully rooting for them mainly because beat that red team in panola county. 

This will be Gilmer's 9th trip to the championship game.

Looking at the stats that Bellville's put up, it looks a little daunting.  I'm not really sure what to expect.  I feel like our coaches will have us ready.  We will need to establish an offensive rhythm early, and get a few stops for sure.

Just for good measure, I'm bringing some more of the tinkers dang hex with me.

Go Buckeyes!

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, blackflag79 said:

This will be Gilmer's 9th trip to the championship game.

Looking at the stats that Bellville's put up, it looks a little daunting.  I'm not really sure what to expect.  I feel like our coaches will have us ready.  We will need to establish an offensive rhythm early, and get a few stops for sure.

Just for good measure, I'm bringing some more of the tinkers dang hex with me.

Go Buckeyes!

Didn’t realize been that much so I assume it 4-5 or you 4-4 including Friday.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Everide2016 said:

Anyone remember that time Gilmer was going to donkey stomp the slot-t from Liberty Hill in the championship game?  There was so much arrogance from Gilmer the week leading up to the game.  

Having reminisced on that for a moment... I've never seen Bellville.  Got to go with Gilmer in this one.

i really thought in 2007 gilmer would of done better,gilmer was a pass first team then and it didnt help the week before our quarter back broke his finger and the 30mph winds would of take our offense out of the game,and our defense didnt have a answer

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, sumitstock said:

i really thought in 2007 gilmer would of done better,gilmer was a pass first team then and it didnt help the week before our quarter back broke his finger and the 30mph winds would of take our offense out of the game,and our defense didnt have a answer

Yep, and I almost froze to death.  It was in the upper 20s to go along with those 30 mph winds, if memory serves.  I thought we were on our way when Justin Johnson ran the opening kickoff for a touchdown to start the game..........., then reality set in.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, blackflag79 said:

Yep, and I almost froze to death.  It was in the upper 20s to go along with those 30 mph winds, if memory serves.  I thought we were on our way when Justin Johnson ran the opening kickoff for a touchdown to start the game..........., then reality set in.

I wouldn’t paint it as ‘reality setting in.’ Offensively, we faced an uphill battle. Despite our struggles, our defense held its ground commendably, forcing punts and stalling two-point conversions. Interestingly, their successful drives often stemmed from our unsuccessful fourth-down attempts within our own territory. If we’d maintained our usual offensive rhythm, the outcome might’ve swayed differently. However, weather conditions and our quarterback’s injury created setbacks we couldn’t overcome.

Looking to the upcoming game, the story flips if you want to draw parallels. Our offense is primed to dominate. Meanwhile, our defense is stepping up at the right time, showcased by recent performances reminiscent of our standout blackflag D of the past.

I say, our potent offense combined with a resolute defense positions us for a resounding victory.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...