4A Division 1 State Championship: Chapel Hill versus Anna

CHDog77

Chapel Hill vs. Anna  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Finals

This poll is closed to new votes

4 hours ago, iRockNewbzz said:

Lol @Lion7000gonn be that guy wearing Purple and White shirt with blue/yellow shorts rooting everytime an offense scores lol

Too be fair I do that everytime I see a bulldog play. I just ain’t got it in me to root for the bulldogs. However, I think they have a legitimate chance. I honestly don’t know where Anna is nor even know anything about them.

57 minutes ago, Lion7000 said:

Anyone know much from Anna now we know the location lol! I like to know what i going too see. Chill has the offense capable of scoring. 

I watched some film on them a few weeks ago, they are very good.... and I figured they would be playing in this game. Their QB (Ziondre Williams) is a soph dual threat and he is legit.... dude has ice water running through his veins. They throw the ball a lot with several stud receivers, but the favorite target is #2 Sean Steens. Defensively, they are solid and quick.... LB #35 CJ Miller is a tackling machine. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Aggie98 said:

I watched some film on them a few weeks ago, they are very good.... and I figured they would be playing in this game. Their QB (Ziondre Williams) is a soph dual threat and he is legit.... dude has ice water running through his veins. They throw the ball a lot with several stud receivers, but the favorite target is #2 Sean Steens. Defensively, they are solid and quick.... LB #35 CJ Miller is a tackling machine. 

Do you think they matchup? Do they have a defense that can contain Chill?

15 hours ago, Aggie98 said:

https://www.texasfootball.com/article/2023/12/01/2023-4a-di-state-preview?ref=article_preview_img

Anna is very, very good...they've beaten Decatur twice, Aubrey China Spring, Frisco Panther Creek, Stephenville, their one loss is to Celina in 4 OTs....impressive resume

Anna has a 5A enrollment nearly 1500 kids now, they've got good depth, they rotate on the D-Line about 6-8 players who are all comparable...LB group is stout, athletic DB's but a little young..

Anna's an Air Raid offense, they brought a lot of talent back from last year's 13-1 team but the QB and RB both signed FBS scholarships so we had some questions about the QB spot....the they went to the state championship in 7on7 and we got our first look at sophomore QB Ziondre Williams and I figured they'd be just fine...Williams is a little small but throws a great ball, is very elusive, keeps plays alive and when he runs he's dynamic...WR Emmers who didnt play in the Celina game is a legit P5 recruit, WR Steens is solid as well....RB isn't as good as last year but its still solid

I picked Anna but IMO this may be the best game of the weekend 

• Thanks 1

Anna is also well-coached and disciplined this season and last season, but better on discipline this season.  They can move the chains and execute in tough situations. Their D can get needed stops.  They just don't self-destruct much.  IF CHill is to beat them, they will need to perform at a very high level against the Anna Coyotes.....IMHO.

Anna’s O-line is impressive. They make the RB look much better than he is.  Their passing game will be the best CH has seen.  They will make you pay if you make a mistake in coverage.  Very disciplined decision making by the QB.

CH will have to score points.  Turnovers and drive killing penalties will be crucial in this game.  

• Like 2

CH has faced all-star LB's and figured it out.  I am worried their pass defense may put them in a slump early that they may not be able to get over.  
I still say CH could utilize the short pass game more.... But man, they do some great adjustments on D to pull away from teams.  Just worried about them being down and staying down.

CH in a nail-biter like the Kilgore game.  

CH 38
Anna 30