Jump to content

4A Division 1 State Championship: Chapel Hill versus Anna


CHDog77

Chapel Hill vs. Anna  

70 members have voted

  1. 1. Finals


This poll is closed to new votes


Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, GraysonFan said:

Rooftops going up everywhere, they are all continuing to move up classes every cycle or two.   Van Alstyne is another district that is growing.   The only one in that area lacking is Howe, they are a mess.  

It’s definitely a growing community, they’ve been growing but not rapidly which has helped the programs like Melissa and Anna in their continued success. You grow to quickly and you jump classifications before the program is ready and it can be a big hindrance. Melissa moved to 4A after a state title and got their sea legs before moving up to 5A and continuing success. Anna is following that same trajectory as well now. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, flukeshot said:

Impressive performance by Anna. Honestly wouldn't have thought it was possible to blank Chapel Hill like that.

Just goes to show you. 95 percent of the time you have to be able to run and pass to win championships. When you become one dimensional. The defense can pen its ears back and send the house. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, cowboyandchrist said:

Just goes to show you. 95 percent of the time you have to be able to run and pass to win championships. When you become one dimensional. The defense can pen its ears back and send the house. 

Agree 100%. Our 3 or 4 run plays didn’t cut it today. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, collincountyfootball1 said:

It’s definitely a growing community, they’ve been growing but not rapidly which has helped the programs like Melissa and Anna in their continued success. You grow to quickly and you jump classifications before the program is ready and it can be a big hindrance. Melissa moved to 4A after a state title and got their sea legs before moving up to 5A and continuing success. Anna is following that same trajectory as well now. 

I remember Gunter used to beat up on Anna when they were in the same district. They have a lot of history from back in the day. Same with Melissa, GT even handing them their only loss when they won that state title. Definitely love to see the success that area is putting out

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, collincountyfootball1 said:

It’s definitely a growing community, they’ve been growing but not rapidly which has helped the programs like Melissa and Anna in their continued success. You grow to quickly and you jump classifications before the program is ready and it can be a big hindrance. Melissa moved to 4A after a state title and got their sea legs before moving up to 5A and continuing success. Anna is following that same trajectory as well now. 

Everything it seems within 35-40 miles around DFW is exploding. Royse City went straight from 5A d2 to 6A last alignment being 6 students over from 5A D1 cutoff...fast forward to this year they reported 2725, so another 500 students in two years and there are countless subdivisions in progress. HS #2 is already planned, named, and land acquired along with additional MS, and other schools. Infrastructure cannot keep up at this point.

Edited by dfwfootballfan
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, dfwfootballfan said:

Everything it seems within 35-40 miles around DFW is exploding. Royse City went straight from 5A d2 to 6A last alignment being 6 students over from 5A D1 cutoff...fast forward to this year they reported 2725, so another 500 students in two years and there are countless subdivisions in progress. HS #2 is already planned, named, and land acquired along with additional MS, and other schools. Infratructure cannot keep up at this point.

Goodness gracious, the boom is definitely real!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/11/2023 at 9:50 AM, regaleagle said:

Anna is also well-coached and disciplined this season and last season, but better on discipline this season.  They can move the chains and execute in tough situations. Their D can get needed stops.  They just don't self-destruct much.  IF CHill is to beat them, they will need to perform at a very high level against the Anna Coyotes.....IMHO.

Just sayin'.......

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, dfwfootballfan said:

Everything it seems within 35-40 miles around DFW is exploding. Royse City went straight from 5A d2 to 6A last alignment being 6 students over from 5A D1 cutoff...fast forward to this year they reported 2725, so another 500 students in two years and there are countless subdivisions in progress. HS #2 is already planned, named, and land acquired along with additional MS, and other schools. Infrastructure cannot keep up at this point.

 Yep lots of growth in the DFW. You can expect to see rapid growth for Forney HS also. Lots of subdivisions are going up off I-20. They have a Mesquite address but will be zoned for Forney HS.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, dfwfootballfan said:

Everything it seems within 35-40 miles around DFW is exploding. Royse City went straight from 5A d2 to 6A last alignment being 6 students over from 5A D1 cutoff...fast forward to this year they reported 2725, so another 500 students in two years and there are countless subdivisions in progress. HS #2 is already planned, named, and land acquired along with additional MS, and other schools. Infrastructure cannot keep up at this point.

Yeah definitely booming, Royse City and Princeton are alike. They both experienced exponential growth rather quickly and thrust them into higher classifications before the program was honestly ready for it. Princeton has spent three cycles at 5A D2 and are jumping 5A D1 straight to 6A with an enrollment of 2400. They’ll be most likely paired with the McKinney and Allen schools next realignment. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Grainraiser said:

 Yep lots of growth in the DFW. You can expect to see rapid growth for Forney HS also. Lots of subdivisions are going up off I-20. They have a Mesquite address but will be zoned for Forney HS.

Crazy how Sunnyvale has remained 4a honestly, but they are somewhat landlocked with the lake to the east of them, and have larger than average lots and minimal multi-family housing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, collincountyfootball1 said:

Yeah definitely booming, Royse City and Princeton are alike. They both experienced exponential growth rather quickly and thrust them into higher classifications before the program was honestly ready for it. Princeton has spent three cycles at 5A D2 and are jumping 5A D1 straight to 6A with an enrollment of 2400. They’ll be most likely paired with the McKinney and Allen schools next realignment. 

I had to drive 380 recently to McK and was surprised at the number of large apartment complexes in PTown. Royse City has one large apartment complex and it is between Fate and RC, two other very small multi-family (subsidized) complexes that have been around for 25 and 40 plus years. Other than that RC doesn't seem to approve many multi-family complex plans at all, I know there have been a few presented and shot down.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...