Jump to content

4A Division 1 State Championship: Chapel Hill versus Anna


CHDog77

Chapel Hill vs. Anna  

70 members have voted

  1. 1. Finals


This poll is closed to new votes


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Stankylegg said:

Anna’s O-line is impressive. They make the RB look much better than he is.  Their passing game will be the best CH has seen.  They will make you pay if you make a mistake in coverage.  Very disciplined decision making by the QB.

CH will have to score points.  Turnovers and drive killing penalties will be crucial in this game.  

Gotta have better safety play against Anna......can't let guys get behind our defense and give up big passing plays. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, CHDog77 said:

Gotta have better safety play against Anna......can't let guys get behind our defense and give up big passing plays. 

I’m curious how CH’s speed in the secondary compares to other teams Anna has played.  Perhaps a separation that would have been “open” against other opponents will bait the QB into some incompletions or even a turnover.   If those type of plays can happen on a crucial 3rd and long or even a 4th down, that can be a huge momentum booster for CH.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

A lot of people talk about CH getting up in opponents faces and playing man.   I think the speed CH has lends itself to giving a little cushion, seeing what’s developing in front of you, then breaking on the ball and being aggressive when you have help over the top.

  • Prayers 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Stankylegg said:

A lot of people talk about CH getting up in opponents faces and playing man.   I think the speed CH has lends itself to giving a little cushion, seeing what’s developing in front of you, then breaking on the ball and being aggressive when you have help over the top.

I think if can make them play one dimensional we got it like last week 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This Anna team is the culmination of years and years of growth and development in Anna. In Collin/Grayson County area, Anna has traditionally been a dormant program. The last few years with all the growth finally catching up to the high school you’ve seen Anna really rise in the football world. They have a lot depth along the DL and the offensive line is a very big solid unit. Sophomore dual threat QB that is electric with the ball in his hands. Really nice physical LB group on defense. Given CH’s history I can see this one turning into a track meet. I don’t see either team pulling away but hoping Anna pulls out this one for Collin County

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, collincountyfootball1 said:

This Anna team is the culmination of years and years of growth and development in Anna. In Collin/Grayson County area, Anna has traditionally been a dormant program. The last few years with all the growth finally catching up to the high school you’ve seen Anna really rise in the football world. They have a lot depth along the DL and the offensive line is a very big solid unit. Sophomore dual threat QB that is electric with the ball in his hands. Really nice physical LB group on defense. Given CH’s history I can see this one turning into a track meet. I don’t see either team pulling away but hoping Anna pulls out this one for Collin County

https://www.texasfootball.com/article/2023/12/09/2023-uil-state-friday-s-must-see-prospects?ref=article_preview_img

Link to comment
Share on other sites

CH can basically compare the Anna defense to Kilgore's defense I give Anna the edge on the d-line and linebackers but Kilgore had the better secondary. CH's 2 games against a very similar defense Kilgore held CH to their lowest scoring games at 16 pts and 21 pts. I hope I'm wrong on this one for me but this just might be a bad matchup for CH if they get down by more than 2 TDS then CH is in trouble Anna's offense is way better than Kilgore's offense 

Edited by WhoamI97539
Link to comment
Share on other sites

JMO but I think the quick scores for CH in this game could hurt them more than they would help them. From an outside opinion CH needs to keep their offense on the field more than their defense especially for the first 3 quarters anyways. CH has a better chance at winning this game if they have the football. How about a perfect game from CH on offense and defense this last game with no turnovers or major penalties would be awesome for CH if that was to happen then no if" ands" or butts" about it CH wins comfortable. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, WhoamI97539 said:

CH can basically compare the Anna defense to Kilgore's defense I give Anna the edge on the d-line and linebackers but Kilgore had the better secondary. CH's 2 games against a very similar defense Kilgore held CH to their lowest scoring games at 16 pts and 21 pts. I hope I'm wrong on this one for me but this just might be a bad matchup for CH if they get down by more than 2 TDS then CH is in trouble Melissa's offense is way better than Kilgore's offense 

Melissa? They were knocked out second round By SOC in 5AD2 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, WhoamI97539 said:

JMO but I think the quick scores for CH in this game could hurt them more than they would help them. From an outside opinion CH needs to keep their offense on the field more than their defense especially for the first 3 quarters anyways. CH has a better chance at winning this game if they have the football. How about a perfect game from CH on offense and defense this last game with no turnovers or major penalties would be awesome for CH if that was to happen then no if" ands" or butts" about it CH wins comfortable. 

If it worked out that way it would be great, but CH has an offense designed to be explosive and get chunk plays.  Move quick and run a lot of plays in a short amount of time.  The idea is that CH is going to score on average every 7ish offensive plays while the game is still undecided.   It doesn’t always work out exactly, but It’s been enough to get them to this point, so I think you have to stick with it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, WhoamI97539 said:

JMO but I think the quick scores for CH in this game could hurt them more than they would help them. From an outside opinion CH needs to keep their offense on the field more than their defense especially for the first 3 quarters anyways. CH has a better chance at winning this game if they have the football. How about a perfect game from CH on offense and defense this last game with no turnovers or major penalties would be awesome for CH if that was to happen then no if" ands" or butts" about it CH wins comfortable. 

Hey we wear blue and gold and the game is tomorrow at 11 at AT&T stadium. You coming out right? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...