GORDON 70, WESTBROOK 20....FINAL

Crawford

• Crawford changed the title to Westbrook vs Gordon 1A Six-Man Div. I State Championship

I've never run the numbers for a 6-man game, so I went ahead and did this one.

Westbrook averages 57.6 per game vs teams that allow 33.0 per game (+24.6), and they hold teams that score 42.4 on average to 16.4 (26.1 fewer).  Overall, Westbrook has a swing of +50.7.

Gordon averages 58.8 per game vs teams that allow 35.0 per game (+23.8), and they hold teams that average 41.0 per game to 8.3 (32.7 fewer) for an overall swing of +56.5.

Based on all games played, I get a Gordon win, 37-29.

Based only on playoff games where Westbrook is beating teams that win on average 49-25 by an average score of 71-32 (+63.5 swing)  Gordon is beating teams that win on average 56-24 by an average score of 66-18 (+80.1 swing), based on playoff games, I get a Gordon win, 62-48.  I'll go with the latter on my prediction - 62-48 Gordon.

• Like 1

Now Westbrook breaks a run up the middle for another score.  The kick is blocked.....or never was gonna make it anyway.  16-14 Gordon.   

Gordon without question has the better kicker.  Westbrook's kicker wears one of those flat-nosed kicking shoes and is an old-style toe-kicker.

Well heck......IF I would have ever seen Gordon's team play, I definitely would have picked them in my pickem for this game.  Their QB could start for many larger classification schools.....he looks very good.  And he scores their next score on a run after a big run the play before.  He's pretty tall too. Gordon has 24 points now.

Gordon's QB Whit Fulller(6-0/185/Sr) is also their soccer-style kicker and their MLB......#24.  He's kicked 2 kickoffs into the endzone so far.  Gordon also has another QB that passes it......#9.  I think quite a few of these 6-man teams have several QB's they use at different times.  Now Gordon scores again on a completed pass and run.  The kick is good.  

Gordon  32

Westbrook  14

1:08 1st qtr.

Just now, regaleagle said:

Gordon's QB Whit Fulller(6-0/185/Sr) is also their soccer-style kicker and their MLB......#24.  He's kicked 2 kickoffs into the endzone so far.  Gordon also has another QB that passes it......#9.  I think quite a few of these 6-man teams have several QB's they use at different times.  Now Gordon scores again on a completed pass and run.  The kick is good.  

Gordon  32

Westbrook  14

1:08 1st qtr.

I must be behind then.  I was having trouble getting the stream to work on Firefox.  It seem's whatever player Bally uses doesn't like dual monitors.  Switched to Microsoft Edge, and it works fine.

Just now, Pax said:

I must be behind then.  I was having trouble getting the stream to work on Firefox.  It seem's whatever player Bally uses doesn't like dual monitors.  Switched to Microsoft Edge, and it works fine.

My browser (Chrome) keeps locking up with just one monitor. I figured it was my connection.

Fuhgetabout it!!!  Gordon wins this one easily......by a LANDSLIDE.  They have so many athletes it's crazy!!  They even have a left-footed kicker for the extra points.  Every player looks like a skill player and all of them look to be at least 5-10 and lean machines with speed and athletic ability falling off their shoulders.  Where did Gordon get these guys???

Westbrook had taken the ball down to around the 6 yd line.  Now Gordon has almost the whole field to go......and there he goes on first down all the way on a run play.  Talk about speed......they have it.  A 74-yard TD run.  Seems like every time it's a different guy scoring, too.

Gordon   48

Westbrook 14

7:16 2nd qtr.             Hard to believe Gordon can be this far ahead of WESTBROOK already!!