What’s going on at the border?

Youngcoach123

The Senate "immigration reform" bill with RINO support would allow 5,000 illegal invaders a day ... every day of the year to cross illegally .... that's 5,000 X 365 = 1,825,000 a year ... almost 2 million illegals a year! .... they want to normalize illegals overrunning our country ....

On 1/27/2024 at 2:03 PM, Monte1076 said:

And what happened to all those people (like in Martha's Vineyard) who were"welcoming" to the migrants, and saying things like "all are welcome", until the migrants showed up in their town/neighborhood?

I said many times that was a good idea by Gov. Abbott shipping illegals all over the Northern US.  They live thousands of miles away from the border, and didn't have to see them very often.  Now BOOM they are in their backyard.  They now realize how big of drain they are on other resources taking care of illegal basic needs. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, BlahBlah said:

I said many times that was a good idea by Gov. Abbott shipping illegals all over the Northern US.  They live thousands of miles away from the border, and didn't have to see them very often.  Now BOOM they are in their backyard.  They now realize how big of drain they are on other resources taking care of illegal basic needs. 

And surprise, surprise, now a lot of those same people sound like they are using Republican talking points, don't they?

4 hours ago, Monte1076 said:

And surprise, surprise, now a lot of those same people sound like they are using Republican talking points, don't they?

Yes, probably why the Dems caved to the Republicans in the border bill that never got passed anyway. 

2 minutes ago, BlahBlah said:

Yes, probably why the Dems caved to the Republicans in the border bill that never got passed anyway. 

You mean the bill that allows almost 2 million illegals to cross the border every year from now on? .... Like we are suppose to accept that as normal? ,,,, 

7 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

You mean the bill that allows almost 2 million illegals to cross the border every year from now on? .... Like we are suppose to accept that as normal? ,,,, 

Don't worry. They apparently dropped the number down to 4,000 per day before they shut things down. And don't think they won't fudge that number, either, because the truth of the matter is, they can only estimate and they don't really know...

2 hours ago, Monte1076 said:

Don't worry. They apparently dropped the number down to 4,000 per day before they shut things down. And don't think they won't fudge that number, either, because the truth of the matter is, they can only estimate and they don't really know...

How about allowing ZERO illegals to cross daily? .... That's the only acceptable number ....

• Like 4

15 hours ago, PepeSilvia said:

IMG_5142.jpeg

The BIG LIE .... it doesn't stop illegals from crossing the border .... it allows 5 thousand a day, almost 2 million a year to cross illegally .... it attempts to normalize the problem ....

Like most dimocrat legislation, it does the opposite of what it says it does ....

Let's throw some FACTS into this discussion. 

https://www.yahoo.com/news/rep-mcgovern-d-ma-gop-135619156.html

Rep. McGovern (D-MA) to GOP colleagues: “Please stop making things up, and stop claiming the border is open. It is not.”

The Recount

Rep. Jim McGovern (D-MA) criticized Republicans’ comments on the border in response to remarks by Rep. Michael Burgess (R-TX) on the House floor as the chamber debated the rules for immigration policy bills Tuesday.

“Let me set a couple of things straight: The border is not open. Now, maybe some people think it is because my Republican colleagues every day for the last two years have come to the floor screaming, ‘The border is open, the border is open, the border is open.’ But the border is not open, and that is just a fact,” McGovern said.

“Today there are approximately 38,000 people in immigration detention, which is 4,000 more than what DHS is funded for, and roughly what the Trump administration averaged in fiscal year 2018. The Biden administration has also significantly increased removals in ways that many on our side of the aisle are concerned violates due process,” McGovern continued. “Since the end of Title 42 last year, the Biden administration has removed or returned to Mexico close to 500,000 individuals. The total is nearly equivalent to the number of people removed in all of fiscal year 2019 under the Trump administration.”

“So please, please stop making things up, and stop claiming the border is open. It is not. Do we have a problem at the border? Absolutely. Absolutely, we do. But listening to the gentleman who has no solutions, I mean, I think he thinks this is Beetlejuice — if you say ‘crisis’ three times, the problem goes away,” McGovern added, referring to Burgess’ comments. “No, you got to take some action. You got to work to try to address the issue. Democrats and President Biden want to find real comprehensive solutions to fix it.

What we need is Republicans to stop playing political games.”

“Please stop making things up, and stop claiming the border is open. It is not.”

I stopped reading right there ,,,, smh

Don't believe your lying eyes ,,,,

Edited by KirtFalcon
yo mama
  • Roll Eyes 1

4 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

Rep. McGovern (D-MA) to GOP colleagues: “Please stop making things up, and stop claiming the border is open. It is not.”

The Recount

Rep. Jim McGovern (D-MA) criticized Republicans’ comments on the border in response to remarks by Rep. Michael Burgess (R-TX) on the House floor as the chamber debated the rules for immigration policy bills Tuesday.

“Let me set a couple of things straight: The border is not open. Now, maybe some people think it is because my Republican colleagues every day for the last two years have come to the floor screaming, ‘The border is open, the border is open, the border is open.’ But the border is not open, and that is just a fact,” McGovern said.

“Today there are approximately 38,000 people in immigration detention, which is 4,000 more than what DHS is funded for, and roughly what the Trump administration averaged in fiscal year 2018. The Biden administration has also significantly increased removals in ways that many on our side of the aisle are concerned violates due process,” McGovern continued. “Since the end of Title 42 last year, the Biden administration has removed or returned to Mexico close to 500,000 individuals. The total is nearly equivalent to the number of people removed in all of fiscal year 2019 under the Trump administration.”

“So please, please stop making things up, and stop claiming the border is open. It is not. Do we have a problem at the border? Absolutely. Absolutely, we do. But listening to the gentleman who has no solutions, I mean, I think he thinks this is Beetlejuice — if you say ‘crisis’ three times, the problem goes away,” McGovern added, referring to Burgess’ comments. “No, you got to take some action. You got to work to try to address the issue. Democrats and President Biden want to find real comprehensive solutions to fix it.

They've got to make up some type of crisis to get the hatred in their base fired up before election time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, PepeSilvia said:

They've got to make up some type of crisis to get the hatred in their base fired up before election time.

It almost feels like they are playing the telephone game, only moving forward with more and more Budweiser before every time they mutter their latest 'fact'. :rofl:

3 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

“Please stop making things up, and stop claiming the border is open. It is not.”

I stopped reading right there ,,,, smh

Don't believe your lying eyes ,,,,

So let me get this straight, Larry .... You, like Mayorkas, don't believe the border is open???? ...

Maybe we should impeach you too ..... 

• LOL! 1

5 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

So let me get this straight, Larry .... You, like Mayorkas, don't believe the border is open???? ...

Maybe we should impeach you too ..... 

No, their definition of "open" is just different.

A Terrorist Was Caught Crossing the Southern Border Nearly a Year Ago. Guess What Happened Next.

Madeline Leesman
Madeline Leesman | January 30, 2024 3:15 PM

Advertisement
9f53954d-519e-4538-98b5-bfdd6bc77440-105
AP Photo/Gregory Bull

A terrorist who entered the United States illegally through the southern border roamed free in the U.S. for nearly a year before being arrested in Minnesota this month. 

Advertisement

According to an internal memo obtained by the Daily Caller, the unnamed individual who is a part of the Somali terror group al-Shabaab, was caught crossing the U.S.-Mexico border San Ysidro, California on March 13, 2023. At the time, the Terrorist Screening Center reportedly deemed the individual to be a “mismatch” after running his name through the system. 

However, on Jan. 18, the Terrorist Screening Center reportedly “made a redetermination” that the individual was “a confirmed member of al-Shabaab.” The individual was involved in the use, manufacture, and transport of explosives or firearms. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) arrested the illegal immigrants in Minneapolis, Minnesota two days later. 

“Many within the Biden administration, including Secretary Mayorkas, have repeatedly assured us that the vetting process at the border is comprehensive and complete,” John Fabbricatore, a retired ICE field director who now sits on the National Immigration Center for Enforcement’s (NICE) board, told the DCNF. “However, we continue to witness alarming instances where terrorists are able to freely roam the United States for months after being released at the border before their criminal and terrorist histories come to light.”

Reportedly, Border Patrol agents nabbed 50 illegal immigrants on the terror watchlist between October and December of last year.

“The overburdening of the Border Patrol with the excessive amounts of illegal border crossers has forced faster processing times, which doesn’t allow for a more vigorous initial investigation into a migrant's background. The background checks currently being run only initially search out criminal history in the United States, not outside its borders. It could take days, weeks, or months to connect derogatory information coming from other databases,” Fabbricatore explained to the outlet.

At the end of last year, Townhall reported how an Iranian national with ties to terrorism had been deported after entering the U.S. through its northern border.

The individual — who is also a "permanent resident of Canada" according to ICE and is "wanted by Canadian authorities in assault charges" — reportedly tried getting into the United States on October 10 via the Rainbow Bridge Pedestrian Walkway near Niagara Falls. Border agents on the U.S. side turned him away to Canada's Border Services Agency (CBSA) instead of granting him entry. The Iranian national then tried again to enter the U.S. just two days later on October 12, this time via a different port of entry in Niagara Falls.

Advertisement

After nearly a month in custody, the Buffalo ERO team "served the unlawfully present man with an expedited removal order" on November 8, and — despite being expedited — it took until December 21 for border agents to remove the individual to Canada under the Safe Third Country Agreement where he was turned over to Canadian border officials.

1 hour ago, DAWG91 said:

"Catastrophy" according to border patrol.  Ya'll wasting ya'lls time arguing reality with these twilight zone twerps.

Whenever I see posts like some of the ones above, I'm really just tempted to now reply "Reality always wins." or something.

56 minutes ago, Monte1076 said:

Whenever I see posts like some of the ones above, I'm really just tempted to now reply "Reality always wins." or something.

You're free to borrow my "reality...eventually." 😄

3 hours ago, BarryLaverty said:

The Recount

If you were correct there wouldn't be any squealing by blue cities that the migrant crisis is depleting their resources. It is as simple as that. You are apparently stupid enough to believe that normal people believe the doodoo that is coming out of libtard mouths.

• Like 1