Jump to content

Liberty-Eylau New Athletic Director


Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, BlackShirtD said:

Congratulations to Coach Willard and LE.   The LE O should be a lot of fun to watch.  

The offense wasn't fun to watch at Legacy. 

  • LOL! 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, VonG said:

Ask the Legacy players was he fun to play for.

I would rather ask him how it was "coaching the Legacy players". If they did "not like playing for him" and the fans did "not have fun watching the offense", the school and community can now be blessed. 

Edited by 89Falcon
  • Stinks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, 89Falcon said:

I would rather ask him how it was "coaching the Legacy players". If they did "not like playing for him" and the fans did "not have fun watching the offense", the school and community can now be blessed. 

They can.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, VonG said:

They can.

No doubt. Looking forward to seeing which school has more success moving forward out of LE and Legacy. Legacy being a multi-generational dumpster fire may have finally found out the reason. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, 89Falcon said:

No doubt. Looking forward to seeing which school has more success moving forward out of LE and Legacy. Legacy being a multi-generational dumpster fire may have finally found out the reason. 

What reason would that be? They have been trash for many years. Have you seen Legacy play a game? It was easy to scheme against Legacy. The play calling was worse than Lufkin. The results speak for themselves. 

  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, 89Falcon said:

I would rather ask him how it was "coaching the Legacy players". If they did "not like playing for him" and the fans did "not have fun watching the offense", the school and community can now be blessed. 

The school and community are not blessed sir.  They are sick of the carousel of new coaches that their kids are forced to deal with every single year.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, VonG said:

They can.

Until they bring the next one in and he leaves in a year.  Frankly, nothing will change until the administration and the school board get their nose out of the coaching staffs business.  And most parents take it for fear their kid will be punished.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, gottacaseofsiccadis said:

Facts.

If it is "easy to scheme against Legacy" and the "results speak for themselves", it seems like you did well to run the coach off.

Looking forward to him winning at LE with the same program that Legacy folks believe was "easy to scheme against". And then Legacy losing with a "different scheme" and blaming it on a new coach. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Who else would the "Legacy folks" blame?  The kids???  No one ran him off.  He probably saw the writing on the wall.  I honestly can't blame him for leaving.  Seriously, you have no idea what you are talking about.  If anyone is at fault, it's TISD admin and the board.  Both full of ppl who think they are coaches.  Lol.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, gottacaseofsiccadis said:

Who else would the "Legacy folks" blame?  The kids???  No one ran him off.  He probably saw the writing on the wall.  I honestly can't blame him for leaving.  Seriously, you have no idea what you are talking about.  If anyone is at fault, it's TISD admin and the board.  Both full of ppl who think they are coaches.  Lol.

I "know" that there are posts in this thread running down his offense and his coaching style. Legacy will be Legacy regardless of the offense and it will not matter if the players think the new coach is "fun to play for". 

His offense and coaching style worked well at MV and also will work well at LE.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, 89Falcon said:

I "know" that there are posts in this thread running down his offense and his coaching style. Legacy will be Legacy regardless of the offense and it will not matter if the players think the new coach is "fun to play for". 

His offense and coaching style worked well at MV and also will work well at LE.

Great hope for the kids it does.  He wasn't really successful at Legacy, but again, I have said why that probably is (you just want to keep arguing).  And yes Legacy will always be Legacy.  We can agree there.  I beleive the original poster who said your "quotes" was jsut stating the obvious he didn't come in and do anything magical.  Sorry you don't like it.  Have a great day.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, gottacaseofsiccadis said:

Great hope for the kids it does.  He wasn't really successful at Legacy, but again, I have said why that probably is (you just want to keep arguing).  And yes Legacy will always be Legacy.  We can agree there.  I beleive the original poster who said your "quotes" was jsut stating the obvious he didn't come in and do anything magical.  Sorry you don't like it.  Have a great day.

Understood. I am equally sorry that you do not "like my quotes" and that you keep replying (arguing). Looking forward to the coach winning at LE doing the same thing and with the same style he did at Legacy to the dismay of Legacy fans. Have a great day. 

  • LOL! 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Legacy offense average 15 points a game and was fun to watch. Make it make sense to me. I'm trying to understand what was great about going 3 and out so often. 🤔 What works at smaller schools doesn't always translate to larger schools where as every team Legacy plays has some type of talent. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, VonG said:

Legacy offense average 15 points a game and was fun to watch. Make it make sense to me. I'm trying to understand what was great about going 3 and out so often. 🤔 What works at smaller schools doesn't always translate to larger schools where as every team Legacy plays has some type of talent. 

Nothing works at Legacy. That is why they are unable to keep coaches. Many different coaches, same results. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The spread doesn't work at Legacy unless you have qb that can execute it. They haven't had a good qb since Chance Amie. A physical brand of football works at Legacy. That's why they were able to win state. Everyone can't run the spread. Legacy is one of those schools who sucks at it. Even when they had a good qb there defense was giving up more than what the offense was scoring. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/5/2024 at 4:35 PM, VonG said:

The spread doesn't work at Legacy unless you have qb that can execute it. They haven't had a good qb since Chance Amie. A physical brand of football works at Legacy. That's why they were able to win state. Everyone can't run the spread. Legacy is one of those schools who sucks at it. Even when they had a good qb there defense was giving up more than what the offense was scoring. 

Agree on all points except one.  They actually have had some good ones but they run them off.  They play politics in that position always have.  No loss Willard is leaving.  He can go back down to 3A and make hisself look good.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...