Nederland Open

rush

• rush changed the title to Nederland Open
On 1/11/2024 at 10:06 AM, Jets said:

Nederland needs to call Larry Neumann and lure  him out of retirement 

I have a good feeling this hire will be someone who has never had affiliation with Ned. 🤷🏾‍♂️ 

https://www.panews.com/2024/01/19/nederland-canvassing-top-contacts-crisscrossing-state-for-next-football-coach/

Edited by MrBuddyGarrity
Added article link

38 minutes ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

I have a good feeling this hire will be someone who has never had affiliation with Ned. 🤷🏾‍♂️ 

Maybe so, but neumann was an excellent coach

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

Neumann was getting up in age and wanted to do other things. He's enjoying retirement from what I'm told. 

Lots of pressure on this hire with the success PN-G is having.

Will be interesting to see what direction they go and if they are able to attract a coach capable of competing.

I have always thought Nederland had the better athletes, but it seems lately PN-G wants to be better and is wiling to do what it takes.

Ten or eleven years ago, I would have taken the Nederland job over PN-G and I was coaching in the same District as those two schools at the time.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, playactionpass39 said:

Lots of pressure on this hire with the success PN-G is having.

Will be interesting to see what direction they go and if they are able to attract a coach capable of competing.

I have always thought Nederland had the better athletes, but it seems lately PN-G wants to be better and is wiling to do what it takes.

Ten or eleven years ago, I would have taken the Nederland job over PN-G and I was coaching in the same District as those two schools at the time.

They don't let coaches compete anymore... Probably since Pete Rose bet on baseball and was a player/coach for a time period.

• LOL! 2

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, DogNation said:

I read the last day to apply was 1/31/24 but as of last Thursday their were more than 25 applicants.

Not a lot for a school that size, how long had it been open for ? Several small schools get 60+ in a few days.

10 minutes ago, Slickarick said:

Not a lot for a school that size, how long had it been open for ? Several small schools get 60+ in a few days.

Barrow resigned on the 8th so probably a little over a week. I'm sure they will have quite a few to sift through by the end of the month. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...