DeBoer replaces retired legend Nick Saban at Alabama

4 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

I thought Deboer would be the guy but I don’t know if he’s getting a look at the NFL or not.

Lanning and Sark aren’t going to leave their jobs.

I think Dabo would be a disaster.

Kiffin may be content to let someone else take the job for a few years and see if he can be the guy to follow that guy. He’s got a solid team at Ole Miss right now.

Norvell may already have one foot in the plane just waiting for a call after all the stuff FSU has gone through. 

Dabo's stock has already peaked. He couldn't keep a good thing going at Clemson because he refuses to adapt to the times. I'll be interested to see what happens with his career arc now...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JustAFan11 said:

I thought Deboer would be the guy but I don’t know if he’s getting a look at the NFL or not.

Kiffin may be content to let someone else take the job for a few years and see if he can be the guy to follow that guy. He’s got a solid team at Ole Miss right now.

Norvell may already have one foot in the plane just waiting for a call after all the stuff FSU has gone through. 

Norvell per himself few minutes ago just doubled down on him staying at FSU. 

5 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

I am also not leaving my current job to be the next HC at Alabama if you guys wanted to know.

I have not yet issued a public statement at this time. 

👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀

5 hours ago, JustAFan11 said:

Dabo = Jumbo = Sgt Bilko ....

• Coach Rab changed the title to DeBoer replaces retired legend Nick Saban at Alabama
2 hours ago, cotton84 said:

DeBoer should do well at Bama……unfortunately 

We’ll see, the biggest questions for him are recruiting. He’s also never been in the south/southeast, the game is much different down here.

Right now Bama recruits itself but if he has a couple down years or he fails to find a Qb/wr that can mimic what he had at Washington to make his offense go, things could get tricky.

Deboer is a really good offensive mind but we haven’t seen him do it with any Qb other than Penix. Some Bama are going to leave town regardless of who they hired, so we’re going to get to see real quick how he is as a roster manager. At Washington he had 9 sixth year players this season, he’s going to have to build it at Alabama. 

6 minutes ago, WETSU said:

I’m very thankful it wasn’t sark. 

I felt both ways.

I think Sark is overrated as a coach and don’t want Texas to hire some who isn’t. 

but

It would have been funny to watch them scramble and they don’t have a great track record of hiring a good coach. 

• LOL! 1

4 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

I felt both ways.

I think Sark is overrated as a coach and don’t want Texas to hire some who isn’t. 

but

It would have been funny to watch them scramble and they don’t have a great track record of hiring a good coach. 

The Washington guy would have ended up at Texas if Bama hired Sark imo. This is the year we really see what Sark is made of. He loses so much and plays a tougher schedule that he’s had. If he wins 10+ this year I’ll be sold on him, but I’m expecting more like 7 or 8 with the amount of production he’s lost. 

4 hours ago, JustAFan11 said:

We’ll see, the biggest questions for him are recruiting. He’s also never been in the south/southeast, the game is much different down here.

Right now Bama recruits itself but if he has a couple down years or he fails to find a Qb/wr that can mimic what he had at Washington to make his offense go, things could get tricky.

Deboer is a really good offensive mind but we haven’t seen him do it with any Qb other than Penix. Some Bama are going to leave town regardless of who they hired, so we’re going to get to see real quick how he is as a roster manager. At Washington he had 9 sixth year players this season, he’s going to have to build it at Alabama. 

DeBoer has never had a losing season as a head coach. Three NAIA championships. Several 10+ win seasons. Only one season with less than nine wins.

29 minutes ago, WETSU said:

The Washington guy would have ended up at Texas if Bama hired Sark imo. This is the year we really see what Sark is made of. He loses so much and plays a tougher schedule that he’s had. If he wins 10+ this year I’ll be sold on him, but I’m expecting more like 7 or 8 with the amount of production he’s lost. 

Don’t look now, but Texas actually has a pretty conference schedule all things considered.

30 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

Don’t look now, but Texas actually has a pretty conference schedule all things considered.

Oh I know they got a very favorable draw compared to OU’s. 

On 1/12/2024 at 7:53 PM, WETSU said:

He doesn’t lose that much, tbh. 

If anything, I think Texas is better next year than this past year.