Jump to content

2024 non district schedules


Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, Mr. P said:

For sure. If I'm Coach Stanford I'd agree to any terms Longview asked in order to make the game happen. 

Huh???   I'd like to play you guys because we know how good you are. We know we will take the L but we ain't coming to kiss your feet.   I wouldn't agree to ANY special terms for Anybody.  Like get over yourself.

Edited by THSfanatic
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, AledoAlumni said:

I don't know how connected the person is to the program. But that would be odd to make that up. Not like LV and NS have a history that I know of. 

Not really. People on the Internet often make up random stuff about programs they have zero inside information about, right? (hint hint: "Aledo recruiting allegations")

Fwiw, I would love for Longview to play North Shore in non-district. Annually. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, THSfanatic said:

Huh???   I'd like to play you guys because we know how good you are. We know we will take the L but we ain't coming to kiss your feet.   I wouldn't agree to ANY special terms for Anybody.  Like get over yourself.

Whoa whoa whoa, that's not what I meant at all. I have a lot of respect for both Stanford and Texarkana's program. I love the heat y'all bring to scrimmages, and Stanford is a total class individual in the coaching field.  

I was referring to matters for which none of us on this board are privy. The one-on-one discussions that occur between the coaches themselves about which the rest of us can only speculate.

Not suggesting anyone has to kiss anyone's feet. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Panther89 said:

That would've been a game for the ages! Is Longview scared or are they trying to keep the same ol' non-district schedule they've had since the beginning of time? 

Stagnant. Complacent.

Whatever word you want to use, pretty much is what it is in King land right now.

No idea if the above is true. I haven't heard anything of the sort. But wouldn't be shocked.

Early on in King's days, we all know he was reaching out to numerous teams..Southlake/Lake Travis etc and was being turned down. Would not shock me one bit if that has reversed.

We would be drilled by North Shore, and it's not even really a question imo. Doesn't mean I don't want to see if happen though.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Mr. P said:

Not really. People on the Internet often make up random stuff about programs they have zero inside information about, right? (hint hint: "Aledo recruiting allegations")

Fwiw, I would love for Longview to play North Shore in non-district. Annually. 

I still think it would be odd. Why would someone lie about reaching out to Longview for a game and Longview turning it down? Out of all the teams they could make up a lie about why pick Longview if it wasnt true? If I was Longview playing North Shore wouldnt interest me. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Mr. P said:

Whoa whoa whoa, that's not what I meant at all. I have a lot of respect for both Stanford and Texarkana's program. I love the heat y'all bring to scrimmages, and Stanford is a total class individual in the coaching field.  

I was referring to matters for which none of us on this board are privy. The one-on-one discussions that occur between the coaches themselves about which the rest of us can only speculate.

Not suggesting anyone has to kiss anyone's feet. 

If I took your post wrong then I apologize.   But I don’t get “agreeing to anything” references 

Ive always been a big Longview fan.   I realize we are not a “threat” to you guys 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/26/2024 at 7:38 PM, THSfanatic said:

If I took your post wrong then I apologize.   But I don’t get “agreeing to anything” references 

Ive always been a big Longview fan.   I realize we are not a “threat” to you guys 

 

We are still waiting for  Pleasant  grove and Carthage. Longview will be good enough I suppose lol. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/28/2024 at 1:11 PM, Lion7000 said:

As for East Texas we really need the premier matchups. Could use Tyler and Sfa as hosts . East Texas classics all classes.  
 

 

Tyler got away from the classics. I don’t think you see another one there again unless it’s bring in a lot of revenue.

Edited by cujoforlife
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, cujoforlife said:

Tyler got away from the classics. I think you see another one there again unless it’s bring in a lot of revenue.

i think if you had PG vs Carthage followed by Texas High vs Longview at Rose you'd bring in a little bit of revenue. i just dont know if i want to hear pg fans gripe all season about getting cheated again by Carthage . 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/22/2024 at 3:45 AM, Panther89 said:

Yeah, you're funny! White Oak is our biggest rival, so yes, I'd like for them  to be on our schedule! 

I have seen our unofficial schedule and to a lot of disappointment SH is not on that schedule. Looks like we may be doing a lot of traveling as well. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Tex85 said:

i think if you had PG vs Carthage followed by Texas High vs Longview at Rose you'd bring in a little bit of revenue. i just dont know if i want to hear pg fans gripe all season about getting cheated again by Carthage . 

KYKX did this for a while. Not double headers but Saturdays at Lobo. Coaches don't like losing home games and revenue that these big games bring in. That's why it has kind of fallen off. Even the battle of the border at the I Bowl has fallen off. I don't even think they do it anymore. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, centex1 said:

KYKX did this for a while. Not double headers but Saturdays at Lobo. Coaches don't like losing home games and revenue that these big games bring in. That's why it has kind of fallen off. Even the battle of the border at the I Bowl has fallen off. I don't even think they do it anymore. 

They did it last year, just no Texas teams.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Racer55 said:

I have seen our unofficial schedule and to a lot of disappointment SH is not on that schedule. Looks like we may be doing a lot of traveling as well. 

Well, I guess the gridiron rivalry has come to an end! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Tex85 said:

i think if you had PG vs Carthage followed by Texas High vs Longview at Rose you'd bring in a little bit of revenue. i just dont know if i want to hear pg fans gripe all season about getting cheated again by Carthage . 

That would get away from using the two high schools that are in town. Which classic was about. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, cujoforlife said:

That would get away from using the two high schools that are in town. Which classic was about. 

Throw in Marshall vs one of the Tyler schools then.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/25/2024 at 12:49 PM, AledoAlumni said:

Someone on the 6A site said North Shore reached out to Longview but they declined. 

Can't trust everything that dude says. Notice how he only started coming around the 6A boards when NS started on this run, so he's borderline bandwagon in my book.

Anyway, I am almost 100% sure Longview would not decline a matchup like that. It's not our style. I told him that when he posted it on the 6A boards a while back.

Now....are we doing the reaching out and actively seeking matchups like a NS or DV....that's another conversation. We use to, not so sure about that anymore. We're also always going to prioritize playing Marshall over anybody else in the state for whatever reason, so that's one slot that's automatically taken up space every non district. 

I know King has talked about scheduling in the past. About how scheduling ETX teams works wonders for subvarsity scheduling as well. I hear that but...everyone else figures that stuff out. 

I'm actually not a believer that you need a super loaded non district to make it far. It helps, but it's not end all be all. Our 2018 team had a similar non district as the one we're about to have. You either got it or you dont. I do think that you need at least one very formidable opponent in non district and that very well could be Ruston for us. Problem is we didnt really prioritize the matchup IMO. Its tentatively Week 4 and I bet Longview ends up in too large of a district. Also would've been nice to find something big on the Texas side for 2 years. 

Edited by ANTI
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ANTI said:

I know King has talked about scheduling in the past. About how scheduling ETX teams works wonders for subvarsity scheduling as well. I hear that but...everyone else figures that stuff out. 

This. When your whole district is going to be 3 hours away it is nice to play some games with less windshield time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, ANTI said:

Can't trust everything that dude says. Notice how he only started coming around the 6A boards when NS started on this run, so he's borderline bandwagon in my book.

Anyway, I am almost 100% sure Longview would not decline a matchup like that. It's not our style. I told him that when he posted it on the 6A boards a while back.

Now....are we doing the reaching out and actively seeking matchups like a NS or DV....that's another conversation. We use to, not so sure about that anymore. We're also always going to prioritize playing Marshall over anybody else in the state for whatever reason, so that's one slot that's automatically taken up space every non district. 

I know King has talked about scheduling in the past. About how scheduling ETX teams works wonders for subvarsity scheduling as well. I hear that but...everyone else figures that stuff out. 

I'm actually not a believer that you need a super loaded non district to make it far. It helps, but it's not end all be all. Our 2018 team had a similar non district as the one we're about to have. You either got it or you dont. I do think that you need at least one very formidable opponent in non district and that very well could be Ruston for us. Problem is we didnt really prioritize the matchup IMO. Its tentatively Week 4 and I bet Longview ends up in too large of a district. Also would've been nice to find something big on the Texas side for 2 years. 

I really do wish we could have scheduled. Potentially Denton Guyer, Lancaster, and SOC is cool but Guyer, Longview, and SOC is better. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...