🤘🏻 Texas Longhorns 2024 🤘🏻

11 hours ago, Lion7000 said:

Kinda surprised there not a lot of history between Lsu and Texas . I am am for whomever beats the horns lol. I am sure Vandy will have that turned around sooner than later. 

Well the last time they played was 1928, lol. 

• LOL! 2

1 hour ago, Lion7000 said:

Expectations for Texas ? 

Remember 

IMG_1277.jpeg

1 year does not set the bar. Especially when you follow it with the 10 years since. The bar is very low. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Lobo97 said:

1 year does not set the bar. Especially when you follow it with the 10 years since. The bar is very low. 

I know this tweet from "eric g" is supposed to be passive-aggressive smack talk, but I hate to break it to him: all of those are attainable for UT this season. I say that as a Sooner alum. 

So I hope he doesn't mind folks pulling receipts if it all indeed happens.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

I know this tweet from "eric g" is supposed to be passive-aggressive smack talk, but I hate to break it to him: all of those are attainable for UT this season. I say that as a Sooner alum. 

So I hope he doesn't mind folks pulling receipts if it all indeed happens.

I don't know that they will 'destroy' OU; those outcomes in that game are rare. While they'll have a Heisman candidate, winning it is also very difficult. 

That said, Texas does have a very real possibility of doing two things this season that A&M did not:

- Play in the SEC Championship game.

- Make the playoff. 

They're also set up for more success beyond one season.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Lobo97 said:

I don't know that they will 'destroy' OU; those outcomes in that game are rare. While they'll have a Heisman candidate, winning it is also very difficult. 

That said, Texas does have a very real possibility of doing two things this season that A&M did not:

- Play in the SEC Championship game.

- Make the playoff. 

They're also set up for more success beyond one season.

If Texas does not make the playoff then it will have been a disastrous season for them. They will never get an easier conference schedule in the SEC than they will have the next two years. The only SEC team they will play next year that didn't finish in the bottom half of their division is Georgia.

Texas is returning their QB and their O-line. That usually leads to good things. Now I have my doubts about their defense, but that might not cost them in most of their games.

Edited by Valhalla
  • Like 1
  • LOL! 1

On 5/8/2024 at 4:09 PM, Lion7000 said:

Expectations for Texas ? 

Remember 

IMG_1277.jpeg

I'm just glad Sark has accomplished four of those in three years, regardless of conference affiliation

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Lobo97 said:

Dakorien Moore has decommitted from LSU and has been crystal balled to Texas. 

Exciting times. If we get Moore and Ffrench, that would be amazing.

2 minutes ago, Baron said:

Exciting times. If we get Moore and Ffrench, that would be amazing.

Texas is sitting in a good spot with several high end receivers:

Moore

Ffrench

Lockett

Harris

Kelshaun Johnson

I highly doubt they get/take all 5, but I could see maybe 3. 

3 minutes ago, Lobo97 said:

Texas is sitting in a good spot with several high end receivers:

Moore

Ffrench

Lockett

Harris

Kelshaun Johnson

I highly doubt they get/take all 5, but I could see maybe 3. 

Gerry or CJ said this morning that Lockett is more than likely out if DKM commits to Texas, but Harris and/or Johnson would be excellent.

4 minutes ago, Baron said:

Gerry or CJ said this morning that Lockett is more than likely out if DKM commits to Texas, but Harris and/or Johnson would be excellent.

Moore and any duo of the other four would be great!

2 minutes ago, Lobo97 said:

Moore and any duo of the other four would be great!

I've heard that if a fourth receiver in that group wanted in Texas would make room.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Baron said:

Sark loves K. Johnson, think he ends up in the class.  I don't think Moore, Johnson, and Ffrench are out of the question.

• Like 1

On 6/2/2024 at 4:29 PM, thegreatbambino said:

Welp, this was one of the most disappointing baseball seasons I’ve seen from Texas. I don’t see anyway of Pierce being back, he took over the pitching staff and they were awful most of the year. 

Blake Munroe at On Texas Football addressed this yesterday saying that sources told him that CDC will have to answer some hard questions from some big time boosters after this season. I personally think Pierce needs to hit the road. He can't keep a staff intact for more than two years. He named himself the pitching coach and put a player as the first base coach. It seems like he is a control freak.

It was a very frustrating baseball season. I don’t think you can have much faith in Pierce going into the SEC and I don’t think he can navigate the portal like he needs to.

Question is who is the guy you bring in? Gotta trust Del Conte, he’s nailed every hire so far with Terry being the only question.