🤘🏻 Texas Longhorns 2024 🤘🏻

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, JustAFan11 said:

It was a very frustrating baseball season. I don’t think you can have much faith in Pierce going into the SEC and I don’t think he can navigate the portal like he needs to.

Question is who is the guy you bring in? Gotta trust Del Conte, he’s nailed every hire so far with Terry being the only question. 

Clemson coach? He’s young and his salary at Clemson could easily be beat at Texas. 

Erik Bakich is his name

Edited by thegreatbambino
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Max Weiner has done a really good job for A&M. I know he’s going to be hard to keep around. I’m not sure he has the skins for a job the level of Texas though. 

I’ve seen some places mention Troy Tulowitzki since he is on staff, but I think he needs to try for one of the smaller Cali schools first. I think Texas is looking for a big name that is probably still playing.

6 hours ago, thegreatbambino said:

I’ve seen some places mention Troy Tulowitzki since he is on staff, but I think he needs to try for one of the smaller Cali schools first. I think Texas is looking for a big name that is probably still playing.

He was mentioned in the Long Beach State job last time it was open and I believe it’s open again. It’s a program with good history and where he played. 

Clemson coach just finished his season, maybe some movement coming? 

Edited by JustAFan11

On 6/8/2024 at 2:14 PM, KirtFalcon said:

Not trying to derail the thread too much because I know it’s geared around the baseball hire right now…but it’s hilarious to me how Texas fans went from trashing A&M because of an OU message board rumor that A&M was buying a recruiting class, to openly posting videos about lambos being used to bring in players with the HC and cheerleaders present. 

Like the post said, the game will never be the same. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, WETSU said:

Not trying to derail the thread too much because I know it’s geared around the baseball hire right now…but it’s hilarious to me how Texas fans went from trashing A&M because of an OU message board rumor that A&M was buying a recruiting class, to openly posting videos about lambos being used to bring in players with the HC and cheerleaders present. 

Like the post said, the game will never be the same. 

I can’t understand why everyone thought this was newsworthy all weekend. Lamborghini of Austin has been an NIL partner with Texas players since Bijan was a sophomore at Texas. Texas has been using Lambos at recruiting events since Herman’s first year at least.

NIL was made legal and everyone was so excited about it until they realized they allowed Texas to use their biggest resources to attract 17-18 year olds. 

• Like 3

On 6/9/2024 at 8:51 AM, JustAFan11 said:

It was a very frustrating baseball season. I don’t think you can have much faith in Pierce going into the SEC and I don’t think he can navigate the portal like he needs to.

Question is who is the guy you bring in? Gotta trust Del Conte, he’s nailed every hire so far with Terry being the only question. 

Have a buddy of mine who is a coach at a very high level high school baseball program. Has a player committed to Texas (kid already has an agent in case he decides to go to the draft). Apparently, the said agent relayed info to the coaches that Tony Vitello is pretty much a done deal to become the next HC at Texas. It's just a matter of when Tennessee is done in Omaha.

Vitello was an assistant to Schloss at TCU when Del Conte was AD. So there's a previous connection already established. We will see if that comes to fruition.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, ETXfan16 said:

Have a buddy of mine who is a coach at a very high level high school baseball program. Has a player committed to Texas (kid already has an agent in case he decides to go to the draft). Apparently, the said agent relayed info to the coaches that Tony Vitello is pretty much a done deal to become the next HC at Texas. It's just a matter of when Tennessee is done in Omaha.

Vitello was an assistant to Schloss at TCU when Del Conte was AD. So there's a previous connection already established. We will see if that comes to fruition.

Not knocking your source in the slightest, but I’ve read a similar story that it’s Schloss and that he is leaving because he likes Austin better than CS and A&M gave him a 80mil facility upgrade but he really wanted something more/different. 

I think this one could end up being one of many coaches and maybe even someone we aren’t talking about yet. 

14 hours ago, WETSU said:

Not knocking your source in the slightest, but I’ve read a similar story that it’s Schloss and that he is leaving because he likes Austin better than CS and A&M gave him a 80mil facility upgrade but he really wanted something more/different. 

I think this one could end up being one of many coaches and maybe even someone we aren’t talking about yet. 

Just heard the same rumor from a good source. 

I imagine both Schloss and Vitello are interested, but also angling for raises…

• Like 1

18 hours ago, WETSU said:

I haven't seen that. I would be shocked if Schloss left. It would really have to be a personal thing because it's not like A&M can't compete with Texas on the money front.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, topher805 said:

Just heard the same rumor from a good source. 

I imagine both Schloss and Vitello are interested, but also angling for raises…

Both of those two are at places that will give them the resources to match anything Texas offers. If either moves I thinks it’s for personal reasons and/or liking the city of Austin. 

I also think they are angling for raises, but I don’t think A&M is too keen to knee jerk into a huge deal without him winning it all this year. This situation is much like Jimbo/LSU was where there are ties to the AD. 

58 minutes ago, ETXfan16 said:

I haven't seen that. I would be shocked if Schloss left. It would really have to be a personal thing because it's not like A&M can't compete with Texas on the money front.

Beat me to it. I think it’s just about a raise honestly 

Edited by WETSU
  • Thanks 1

It's impossible to guess what direction CDC will go. He has always played things close to the vest and played his cards when it wasn't expected.

1 hour ago, Lobo97 said:

Elite 2026 QB Dia Bell has committed to Texas!

🤘🏼

IMG_5555.jpeg

If you really want to be triggered, take a look at QB recruiting the previous decade or so before Sark arrived.

On 6/9/2024 at 12:58 PM, WETSU said:

Max Weiner has done a really good job for A&M. I know he’s going to be hard to keep around. I’m not sure he has the skins for a job the level of Texas though. 

Your right not good fit

22 hours ago, steelhammer said:

Your right not good fit

Most pundits think Pierce is gone. The fact that nothing has happened tells me CDC is waiting for the CWS to end to poach a coach. He waited for Sark to become available before he fired Herman.

17 hours ago, Baron said:

2026 RB commit Raycine Guillory decommits from Texas. Opens the door for Tradarian Ball.

I’m not a fan of taking Aledo backs. They are workhorses in high school. This isn’t a bad thing for Texas imo. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Baron said:

Most pundits think Pierce is gone. The fact that nothing has happened tells me CDC is waiting for the CWS to end to poach a coach. He waited for Sark to become available before he fired Herman.

The Texas job has been so quiet. I’ve actually read more for Aggie fansites than Texas. Will be an intriguing few days after the CWS ends.