🤘🏻 Texas Longhorns 2024 🤘🏻

On 6/21/2024 at 12:26 PM, JustAFan11 said:

I’m not a fan of taking Aledo backs. They are workhorses in high school. This isn’t a bad thing for Texas imo. 

And Aledo kids seem to flip flop on commitments a lot IMO.

10 hours ago, thegreatbambino said:

Does Texas get the winner or loser of tonight’s game? 

Gerry Hamitlon and the OTF guys are saying the contract has already been signed and should be announced in the next couple days.

It’s not Vitello as originally thought. Texas approached him in April and he was “interested”, but used that to sign his extension with Tennessee. 

I’m hearing from IT it’s Schloss but I have absolutely no clue. If it’s not him then idk why they waited so long…

TexAgs asked in the postgame presser and Schloss denied he was leaving but it wasn’t a straight no. Will be an interesting few days ahead for sure. 

I personally feel Vitello is a better fit and at his age, provides more longevity than Schloss would. 

5 hours ago, topher805 said:

TexAgs asked in the postgame presser and Schloss denied he was leaving but it wasn’t a straight no. Will be an interesting few days ahead for sure. 

I personally feel Vitello is a better fit and at his age, provides more longevity than Schloss would. 

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, topher805 said:

Supposedly Weiner is coming along. Schloss is trying to bring a couple of guys with him (Laviolette, Sorrel, and Grahavic)

Maybe you would know/heard, but I've seen it posted several places that when Trev Alberts arrived, he fired one of Jim's staff members that he was real close with and that didn't sit well with him.

11 minutes ago, Red90fly said:

Maybe you would know/heard, but I've seen it posted several places that when Trev Alberts arrived, he fired one of Jim's staff members that he was real close with and that didn't sit well with him.

I think this is ultimately what it came down to. CDC vs Alberts. I said it not too long ago, but this seemed more like a personal preference decision than a resources/success type decision.

30 minutes ago, ETXfan16 said:

I think this is ultimately what it came down to. CDC vs Alberts. I said it not too long ago, but this seemed more like a personal preference decision than a resources/success type decision.

That may be right, but I also read that CDC and Sclossnagle are really good friends.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Red90fly said:

Haven’t heard about that. Just heard he likes Austin more than CS, and A&M didn’t give him everything he wanted on the new stuff. I think he wanted more input on that. 

Either way, Texas got their man and Schloss is where he wants to be. I don’t think Schloss and Texas handled it well, but it’s a rivalry. What else would you expect?

A&M short list should be out tonight. I think with Weiner going to Texas it’s between Nolan Cain (A&M Associate HC) and Matt Deggs (Louisiana). I really like Deggs. 

8 minutes ago, topher805 said:

Haven’t heard about that. Just heard he likes Austin more than CS, and A&M didn’t give him everything he wanted on the new stuff. I think he wanted more input on that. 

Either way, Texas got their man and Schloss is where he wants to be. I don’t think Schloss and Texas handled it well, but it’s a rivalry. What else would you expect?

A&M short list should be out tonight. I think with Weiner going to Texas it’s between Nolan Cain (A&M Associate HC) and Matt Deggs (Louisiana). I really like Deggs. 

One of the OTF guys mentioned the oklahoma coach.

22 minutes ago, topher805 said:

It’s been announced that Cain is also headed to Texas. 

49 minutes ago, Lhornfan said:

It’s been announced that Cain is also headed to Texas. 

Just saw it. That means he wasn’t being considered for the A&M gig. 
Great pickup for Texas. 

1 hour ago, topher805 said:

Texas is his dream job. I read somewhere (can’t find it now) that he wanted to go there after TCU, but the job wasn’t open and wouldn’t be for a while at the time. It all makes a lot of sense now.

It was getting to a point where it was becoming more and more awkward as A&M kept winning. Apparently this had been pretty much a done deal since April. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, topher805 said:

Kendall Rogers will have a list tonight, but when everything started moving a week or so ago, Deggs was the name thrown around for A&M from what I was hearing. 

Wouldn’t be surprised if they went after Skip Johnson… 

• Like 1

CDC has shown he can get high profile coaches to head coaches and alumni support to fund the programs. For 3 out of the last 4 years Texas has been recognized by Learfield as having the best athletic program. He was able to land Bowman to head the swim program. The only question mark is making Terry the head basketball coach. Given the fiasco with Beard (which he had no choice but fire him) and how the team performed under Terry with fan support, he had to give him a chance. Time will tell on that experiment.

Edited by bordertown

This is just too strange. Entire coaching staffs don’t leave. There are some rumors out there that Alberts did something that drove a wedge in their relationship. I don’t know, but this isn’t normal.

image.png

I can appreciate the fact that Schloss publicly apologized to Zane. Whether you believe it or not, many coaches would not have done that. 

Now back to the conspiracy theories. 😂😂

• Like 1