🀘🏻 Texas Longhorns 2024 🀘🏻

Starting CB Terrence Brooks has entered the portal.Β 

Β 

Apparently, Terry Joseph wants to start Gavin Holmes over Brooks, which is what led Brooks to wanting to transfer. A big mistake on Joseph's part, IMO. Brooks was the second best corner, behind Muhammad.Β 

47 minutes ago, Lobo97 said:

Β 

Apparently, Terry Joseph wants to start Gavin Holmes over Brooks, which is what led Brooks to wanting to transfer. A big mistake on Joseph's part, IMO. Brooks was the second best corner, behind Muhammad.Β 

Why not stay and compete for the job. Got all summer to improve plus they always use more than 2 in a game. Sometimes competition runs some kids off now days.

• Like 1
  • SMH 1

58 minutes ago, 514 said:

Why not stay and compete for the job. Got all summer to improve plus they always use more than 2 in a game. Sometimes competition runs some kids off now days.

Geez...Β  kids acting like injuries have never happened, or that the guy ahead of you will never gets the yips.Β 

A million things could happen. I just don't understand this generation.Β 

2 hours ago, Lobo97 said:

Β 

Tough loss he was pretty good. Hopefully another Texas team is interested.

19 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

Geez...Β  kids acting like injuries have never happened, or that the guy ahead of you will never gets the yips.Β 

A million things could happen. I just don't understand this generation.Β 

Exactly! That why Manning gets a hard time. You gotta respect that.

On 4/20/2024 at 3:29 PM, Lobo97 said:

Spring Game in the books. My overall assessment, they look VERY good!

Β 

Players and units that stood out to me the most...

Β 

Arch Manning. For all of those that have doubted this kid, he was not the #1 QB for name alone. This kid is special.Β 

Trey Owens. My goodness, this kid was very impressive. True Freshman QB and he looked every part of a 2 year starter. I hope Texas can hang onto this kid.Β 

Colton Vasek. This kid is about to wreak havoc. His name was being called nearly every play; blowing up runs in the backfield, getting pressure on the QB. That kids talent level and motor is incredible.Β 

OL as a whole was very impressive.Β 

Colin Simmons. He'll get snaps this season, but this kid showed the talent to be 3 and gone.Β 

RB and WR. 27 different players caught a pass. 7 different players carried the ball. Ryan Wingo, DeAndre Moore, Isaiah Bond, they showed out. Wingo and Moore showed tons of speed. Bond showed the ability to go up and grab like AD did last season.Β 

Β 

All in all, this was by far the most impressive spring game I've seen from them in years.Β 

1 & 2 I'm surprised someone hasn't called for a QB controversy or a transfer.

3. Some are calling him Baby Bosa.

4. The WR room is loaded. We may see some attrition there.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

ESPN's 2nd round mock has Jonathon Brooks going to the Raiders, T'Vondre Sweat to the Cowboys and Ja'Tavion Sanders to the Texans.

Christian Jones should hear his name called today as well.

Edited by Baron

2 minutes ago, Baron said:

ESPN's 2nd round mock has Jonathon Brooks going to the Raiders, T'Vondre Sweat to the Cowboys and Ja'Tavion Sanders to the Texans.

Christian Jones should hear his name called today as well.

I think Jones will be a tomorrow pick.Β 

2 minutes ago, Lobo97 said:

I think Jones will be a tomorrow pick.Β 

If I remember correctly, Bobby Burton said this week that according to an NFL scout Jones had worked his way into the 3rd round.

Texas is fixing to start sending a good number of guys to league yearly now and in high rounds.Β  They are getting the players and are developing them.Β  Banks may be the first OT taken next year and Ewers should be a first rounder IMO if guys like McCarthy are going round one.

• Like 1

11 #Longhorns selected...many of which could have helped the #Cowboys and Jerry's inept drafting will continue to push the team towards mediocrity. I would have packaged up #Dak to make a huge swing. I might still.Β 

...and then that dang Jonathan Brooks/Jerry 1 minute plus video of ..."he's good, we'd like him"...who does that about the guys they REALLY NEED? another example of what makes the whole "Jones crew" terrible as GM. you can not tell the other players at the poker table your cards in your hand...they may be guessing or have an idea what you have, but you cannot outright tell them where they can "rob your hen house".

Edited by PelvisPresley

On 4/29/2024 at 8:55 AM, PelvisPresley said:

11 #Longhorns selected...many of which could have helped the #Cowboys and Jerry's inept drafting will continue to push the team towards mediocrity. I would have packaged up #Dak to make a huge swing. I might still.Β 

...and then that dang Jonathan Brooks/Jerry 1 minute plus video of ..."he's good, we'd like him"...who does that about the guys they REALLY NEED? another example of what makes the whole "Jones crew" terrible as GM. you can not tell the other players at the poker table your cards in your hand...they may be guessing or have an idea what you have, but you cannot outright tell them where they can "rob your hen house".

Jerry's diarrhea of the mouth traded Jonathon Brooks for Zeke Elliott.Β 

• LOL! 1

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, Baron said:

Jerry's diarrhea of the mouth traded Jonathon Brooks for Zeke Elliott.Β 

traded 1300 yards, 16 TD's for 650 yards, 5 TD's...like going out and getting a '91 VW Jetta with high miles from Auto Max instead of the 2023 Toyota 4Runner

Edited by PelvisPresley
  • LOL! 1

10 hours ago, PelvisPresley said:

are the Horns going to get Williams today?Β 

Β 

Β 

From what I saw on OTF it's 50/50 OU/Tex at best

52 minutes ago, PelvisPresley said:

heard it was a money grab...

Sounds like his NIL asking price would have been more than any DL currently on the roster, and Texas was not going to do that.

On 5/4/2024 at 3:53 PM, KirtFalcon said:

LSU ,,,,

Kinda surprised there not a lot of history between Lsu and Texas . I am am for whomever beats the horns lol. I am sure Vandy will have that turned around sooner than later.Β