Jump to content

๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป Texas A&M Aggies 2024 ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป


Recommended Posts

You lose Braden Montgomery and you have Kent and Schott step up with the bats. ย Stewart, Lamkin, Aschenbeck, Prager, Cortez have been dealing on the bump.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Coach Rab said:

I donโ€™t think Tennessee is going to save us from this boys! ย Get ready for the greatest baseball team ever talk for the next 10 years!ย 
ย 

Im already seeing this on Twitter ๐Ÿคฃ

Just wait until you read SDC. :woot:

  • LOL! 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Coach Rab said:

I donโ€™t think Tennessee is going to save us from this boys! ย Get ready for the greatest baseball team ever talk for the next 10 years!ย 
ย 

Im already seeing this on Twitter ๐Ÿคฃ

Only 10?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Texas A&M could clinch their first CWS on the one year anniversary of the passing of beloved assistant coach Terry Price. Maybe we can have a little extra cosmic karma on our hands today.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, topher805 said:

Zane Badmaev with the start today

I knew when I saw this A&M was playing for tomorrow. I wish they would have saved Cortez but I understand with the 1 run lead you have to ride him as long as you could. It will be up to Lamkin and Auschenbek tomorrow.ย 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, WETSU said:

I knew when I saw this A&M was playing for tomorrow. I wish they would have saved Cortez but I understand with the 1 run lead you have to ride him as long as you could. It will be up to Lamkin and Auschenbek tomorrow.ย 

Didnโ€™t like Cortez going in so early or so long.ย 
ย 

Either way, it wasnโ€™t pitching that failed A&M. Situational hitting was bad.ย 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, topher805 said:

Didnโ€™t like Cortez going in so early or so long.ย 
ย 

Either way, it wasnโ€™t pitching that failed A&M. Situational hitting was bad.ย 

On a positive note, the Rangers won today.ย ย 

I was scanning my X/Twitter today, and it seems to be a consensus that everyone in the SEC hates Tennessee and A&M for the same reasons and just about equally.ย ย 

I remember a time that I went to a store in northwest Georgia with my in-laws.ย  At that time I only had 2 kids.ย  My oldest, Selah was 3, I was holding her in an apple orchard store waiting in line.ย  LSU was playing Tennessee that week and of course, I was wearing an LSU t-shirt and hat like I always do.ย ย 

This cracked out ultra-tanned fanboy wanders up to me and starts dog cussing LSU and me while I was holding my 3 yr old girl.ย  My wife saw it and would not let me put her down because she knew what would have happened.ย  I was pissed, not because of what he said, but because it was unprovoked and in front of a young child.

I will say that I have never encountered an Aggie that would do that.ย  Aggies drive me crazy because of everything that has been successful in their history is the best that has ever happened.ย  Johnny Manziel was the BEST COLLEGE QB OF OUR LIFETIME!ย  I am like "Did you not see what Joe Burrow did, or Tim Tebow etc etc etc.?"ย  I hate throwing Burrow in there bc I am a homer, but literally the best college season by a QB in the history of college football.ย  JFF was the most entertaining and one of the all-time college greats.ย ย 

So, this all concludes with me saying that I honestly don't care who wins.ย  I believe I could have a beer or 2 with an Aggie, but I would be on edge with a Volunteer...ย 

Looking forward to SEC baseball next season.ย  It is only going to get wilder with Texas (a power) joining the mix and getting to play A&M.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Home plate ump is giving the Tennessee pitcher all kind of called strikes on pitches outside the strike zone .....

Edited by KirtFalcon
yo mama
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I wish someone would inform these announcers that just because a guy wears the #12 on the Aggie baseball team does not make him the 12th man. It doesnโ€™t even make sense to have a 12th man on a baseball team. Would he be the third substitute?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, KirtFalcon said:

Home plate ump is giving the Tennessee pitcher all kind of called strikes on pitches outside the strike zone .....

Was that way yesterday too. No excuse because the Ags just let this one get away, but itโ€™s tough for a team that thrives on being patient and drawing walks to not get those calls.ย 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Lhornfan said:

I wish someone would inform these announcers that just because a guy wears the #12 on the Aggie baseball team does not make him the 12th man. It doesnโ€™t even make sense to have a 12th man on a baseball team. Would he be the third substitute?

Itโ€™s weird, but Schloss did give him that 12 number because he viewed him as that traditional leader/walkon. He wasnโ€™t even playing much this year and was coaching first base a lot of it. I understand what youโ€™re saying from a mathematical/fielding standpoint but for a program that honors walkons, you donโ€™t just call him the 10th man.ย 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, DAWG91 said:

Sort of repeat of yesterday. ย Too little too late. ย I guess only comfort I can take in this is that TN hadn't won before either.

Iโ€™d much rather have lost to a team that had been a staple in the CWS and won many. Losing our first chance at one to a team that also hasnโ€™t won one sucks. Especially to a pos program like Tennessee.ย 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Iโ€™d much rather have lost to a team that had been a staple in the CWS and won many. Losing our first chance at one to a team that also hasnโ€™t won one sucks. Especially to a pos program like Tennessee.ย 

Well, you didn't. ย This is what we got.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, WETSU said:

Iโ€™d much rather have lost to a team that had been a staple in the CWS and won many. Losing our first chance at one to a team that also hasnโ€™t won one sucks. Especially to a pos program like Tennessee.ย 

its tough but at least yall didn't drop a foul ball with 2 outs in the 9th when you were already up 1-0 in the series.ย 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Tex85 said:

its tough but at least yall didn't drop a foul ball with 2 outs in the 9th when you were already up 1-0 in the series.ย 

Instead they gave up most of their runs with two outs and most of those runs came on 2 strike counts. Credit to Tennessee for having awesome 2-strike approaches. A&M didnโ€™t.
ย 

One thing I noticed is A&M was all about launch angle. Great when it goes out, but in Omaha, the wind knocks down so much the approach has to change.ย 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...