Jump to content

🔴 Oklahoma Sooners 2024 ⚪


Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, Lion7000 said:

Seems on paper pretty good hire . I believe Oklahoma lost a lot via transfer. Hopefully they don’t regress going into the Sec. 

The only player that has transferred was expected to be a important part of the 2024 team was the OL Cayden Green.

Oklahoma will also be returning all 11 starters on defense going into the SEC.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

The only player that has transferred was expected to be a important part of the 2024 team was the OL Cayden Green.

Oklahoma will also be returning all 11 starters on defense going into the SEC.

Thought I read somewhere where the entire oline and Qb was gone. My mistake then .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Lion7000 said:

Thought I read somewhere where the entire oline and Qb was gone. My mistake then .

They will be replacing the OL, but those guys didn't transfer out besides Cayden Green. 

3 of them will be NFL draft picks and 1 will probably be a UDFA.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

They will be replacing the OL, but those guys didn't transfer out besides Cayden Green. 

3 of them will be NFL draft picks and 1 will probably be a UDFA.

We got nuthin. Entire team quit. Gonna have to scour the student section just for warm bodies. Our five-star QB is garbage. Our coaching staff sucks. Gonna be 0-11 in the mighty mighty S-E-C. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

We got nuthin. Entire team quit. Gonna have to scour the student section just for warm bodies. Our five-star QB is garbage. Our coaching staff sucks. Gonna be 0-11 in the mighty mighty S-E-C. 

I think their will be offensive growing pains next year in the SEC. However, I think we have a chance to have the best defense in the conference IF the DL can continue to progress. We will be loaded at LB and Safety. The Corners just need some health luck. We had a lot of injuries in that group this past year.

We also have one of the most difficult schedules in the conference too. We play Texas, Alabama, Ole Miss, and Missouri who will finish at top 10 teams this year. We also have to go to LSU and Auburn too.

  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

I think their will be offensive growing pains next year in the SEC. However, I think we have a chance to have the best defense in the conference IF the DL can continue to progress. We will be loaded at LB and Safety. The Corners just need some health luck. We had a lot of injuries in that group this past year.

We also have one of the most difficult schedules in the conference too. We play Texas, Alabama, Ole Miss, and Missouri who will finish at top 10 teams this year. We also have to go to LSU and Auburn too.

Oh, for sure! We're gonna take our lumps. I have no illusions that we're just gonna walk in Day 1 and start wrecking shop.

Remember: this is only Year 2 of a near-complete rebuild of the program. We're walking in there with a patchwork o-line and a green QB. A new offensive coordinator. A new defensive coordinator. Etc. and etc. and blah blah blah. 

I still expect to be competitive though. I won't accept just rolling over against Alabama and Georgia and the like. These programs are not gods. They are beatable. Not saying we're ready right now, but we have no excuse to not compete. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/5/2024 at 3:00 PM, Mr. P said:

Oh, for sure! We're gonna take our lumps. I have no illusions that we're just gonna walk in Day 1 and start wrecking shop.

Remember: this is only Year 2 of a near-complete rebuild of the program. We're walking in there with a patchwork o-line and a green QB. A new offensive coordinator. A new defensive coordinator. Etc. and etc. and blah blah blah. 

I still expect to be competitive though. I won't accept just rolling over against Alabama and Georgia and the like. These programs are not gods. They are beatable. Not saying we're ready right now, but we have no excuse to not compete. 

I am personally not worried about the OL. I think what we think OL recruiting should look like sometimes is antiquated with the transfer portal. OL is the hardest position to project, but you don't have to project guys out of the portal. They have real film already of what they can do. 

I think every serious program will take transfer portal OL every year regardless of their HS recruiting.

On 1/2/2024 at 11:55 AM, MeanGreenDogs64 said:

TE Jake Roberts from Baylor/UNT just hit the portal. He's from OKC and was a Littrell recruit at UNT. I look for OU to sign him.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/5/2024 at 3:02 PM, Valhalla said:

I am personally not worried about the OL. I think what we think OL recruiting should look like sometimes is antiquated with the transfer portal. OL is the hardest position to project, but you don't have to project guys out of the portal. They have real film already of what they can do. 

I think every serious program will take transfer portal OL every year regardless of their HS recruiting.

 Not worried about the OL? Lost all 5 starters and just hired a FCS defensive coordinator? Ok. Man this is a recipe for a dumpster fire. You have a 2nd year HC that is over his head and you are about to run the SEC gauntlet. Can’t wait to see how this plays out for your Sooners. 😂😂😂😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, eagle34 said:

 Not worried about the OL? Lost all 5 starters and just hired a FCS defensive coordinator? Ok. Man this is a recipe for a dumpster fire. You have a 2nd year HC that is over his head and you are about to run the SEC gauntlet. Can’t wait to see how this plays out for your Sooners. 😂😂😂😂

Sark year 2: 8-5 with an Alamo Bowl loss. 
 

BV year 2: 10-3 with an Alamo Bowl loss. 
 

I will say you probably have some expertise on what a dumpster fire looks like from being a Texas fan the past decade, and Texas definitely has the easier conference schedule next year to help them stay afloat while losing all of their playmakers and defensive line guys. 

Edited by Valhalla
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/5/2024 at 2:35 PM, Mr. P said:

We got nuthin. Entire team quit. Gonna have to scour the student section just for warm bodies. Our five-star QB is garbage. Our coaching staff sucks. Gonna be 0-11 in the mighty mighty S-E-C. 

You still got General Booty .... 😂

  • LOL! 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Mr. P said:

7jZBRnX.gif

Just want to see if tha boy is any good .... my sons knew Josh Booty when we lived in Waskom and he played for Evangel ....  they said he was as dumb as a box of rocks .... General may be a chip off the old block ....  or he could be a sho nuff field general ... :woot:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...