Jump to content

Huntington Open!


Recommended Posts

He is stepping down which we all know means Daniel Swaim is stepping up. Stepping up into his big old truck driving a pig down to South East Texas and bringing his winning ways with him. Heard he also has some read carhart cover all that are great to wear for half a game. Or if you are going to weald something on the sideline. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Does anyone know when the current high school opened ?  The history section has football starting in 1982. So was it built in the 80's or have they had a new one since then ? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Slickarick said:

Does anyone know when the current high school opened ?  The history section has football starting in 1982. So was it built in the 80's or have they had a new one since then ? 

1982 is when they started playing football.....they've had a school since forever.....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, centex1 said:

He is stepping down which we all know means Daniel Swaim is stepping up. Stepping up into his big old truck driving a pig down to South East Texas and bringing his winning ways with him. Heard he also has some read carhart cover all that are great to wear for half a game. Or if you are going to weald something on the sideline. 

Swaim wouldn't touch this one.  The head football isn't the AD.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

1982 is when they started playing football.....they've had a school since forever.....

When was the current high school or schools built. I'm wondering if building new facilities through a bond if old ones are 30+ years old would help bring more people and talent to the district. you can tag a new field for around 800K

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, nationalpastime said:

Swaim wouldn't touch this one.  The head football isn't the AD.

But if he let it slip out that he was interested would it be????? I think we all know the answer to this. He could be the AD/HC Asst Principal and Supt all in one. He could also ride into town on an ostrich. Don't believe me....... I have seen him do it. The ostrich later died. But in true Swaim form he got right down and buried the ostrich gave him a eulogy kissed him on the beak and said Via Con Dios. It was a Spanish Ostrich. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Slickarick said:

When was the current high school or schools built. I'm wondering if building new facilities through a bond if old ones are 30+ years old would help bring more people and talent to the district. you can tag a new field for around 800K

Google works wonders.....try it out ..... lol 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Word on the streets of Lilbert is the great Mike Thomas sold the last of his polled Herefords that he was using as bucking bull  breeding stock and he has a strong desire to get back in the game. His burning spirit and enthusiasm would take the Red Devil faithful by storm. Don’t be a bit surprised to see his name in the middle of the mix 

  • LOL! 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, playactionpass39 said:

How close are you to this situation?

Don't know anything about it other than they have been awful in football and for some reason they thought they were a basketball power a few years ago. Not sure why they thought that but they did. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, BEASTeastTX said:

I’ve always wondered why they’re so bad? 
Sometimes they have some decent athletes. 

I’m guessing it’s probably got a lot to do with lack of continuity in the coaching staff. I can’t remember the last time they kept a HC more than 2 years. If their pay scale matches up with what they have spent on facilities over the 41 year history of their football program, I’m guessing that may have something to do with the continuity problem, as well as their lack of ability to attract great coaches. But I could be wrong. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

Google works wonders.....try it out ..... lol 

Iv been looking and unable to find rhe information. If you know it would havw been just as easy to say it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/28/2024 at 8:37 AM, BlackShirtD said:

Money money money moooooonnneeeeyyy

Try and get a bond passed. There are ways to increase tax income without raising taxes its all about WDA vs ADA. Even though I think it is illegal that on all bond issues it has to say will raise taxes and that sometimes it doesn't. I think it should say what it is actually doing. Heck a couple cent increase over 7 years could get them some nice things.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Slickarick said:

Try and get a bond passed. There are ways to increase tax income without raising taxes its all about WDA vs ADA. Even though I think it is illegal that on all bond issues it has to say will raise taxes and that sometimes it doesn't. I think it should say what it is actually doing. Heck a couple cent increase over 7 years could get them some nice things.  

I’m gonna go out on a limb and say that it’s highly unlikely that any Huntington ISD voter ever reads this. Tru storie. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, playactionpass39 said:

Not sure what the expectations are here.

The guy that just left, didn't he win more than they ever have?

I’m not sure winning means that much there, at least not in football. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...