surratt in college

we all know coach Surratt won't leave Carthage while his son is in school,BUT is there a possibility he could jump ship afterwards ?

SFA's coach colby Carthel's  seat is getting hot. if i was Ivey i would throw everything i could at coach Surratt to get him to Nac.

any thoughts ??? 

• Like 1

I don't know Surratt or Ivey other than where their names are associated with.

Sounds like another J Pearce experiment, short lived. Probably more established and proven college level candidates available when the time comes.

Dude down at the FM2517 boat launch and the tall lady at JippyJs says Coach Surratt won't take a paycut to coach old Jett at college. It would take a NCAA D1 school with a budget is our speculation! TrueStorie 

Edited by Doomer
Booyah

45 minutes ago, Doomer said:

Dude down at the FM2517 boat launch and the tall lady at JippyJs says Coach Surratt won't take a payout to coach old Jett at college. It would take a NCAA D1 school with a budget is our speculation! TrueStorie 

SFA is D1 

• Thanks 1

I think if he leaves it will be like Traylor, Briles and McGuire. All of them went to large D1 schools as assistants. I think most of these coaches need to get their feet wet in the college ranks first. Todd Dodge got thrown into the college pool deep end at North Texas and never made it. Jumped back into the high school ranks and found success again.

Edited by wooderson
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, wooderson said:

I think if he leaves it will be like Traylor, Briles and McGuire. All of them went to large D1 schools as assistants. I think most of these coaches need to get their feet wet in the college ranks first. Todd Dodge got thrown into the college pool deep end at North Texas and never made it. Jumped back into the high school ranks and found success again.

i could see that too. all i know is what more can you win ? 

1 hour ago, oldman2580 said:

Pearce was 46-32-2 at SFA. Really good coach undermined by an admin in athletic dept. Top 25 rankings for 5 of the 7 years he was there.

I think UT-SFA wants better than a 60% win percentage. 

The jump from high school to college ball is huge. Dodge and Morris are examples of what can easily happen attempting that jump without a solid understanding of how to make a college program work. Spending a few years as an assistant and being humble enough to learn how to recruit, develop talent, and adapt your philosophies at that level has to be tough pill for these guys to swallow, but is necessary to be successful at that level.

13 minutes ago, PeanutKing74 said:

The jump from high school to college ball is huge. Dodge and Morris are examples of what can easily happen attempting that jump without a solid understanding of how to make a college program work. Spending a few years as an assistant and being humble enough to learn how to recruit, develop talent, and adapt your philosophies at that level has to be tough pill for these guys to swallow, but is necessary to be successful at that level.

Chad Morris did spend a few years as an assistant/oc at Tulsa and Clemson he just got in over his head at Arkansas to put it nicely. 

IF Surratt ever makes the jump i see it going like Traylor did some power 5 program close to Texas will make him a special teams coordinator, then OC then HC. If his son ends up being a big recruit i could see some program going the Gus Malzahn route like Arkansas did and bringing him in to be the OC.

He might try his hand at a big D1 program. I think he could get hired for big bucks. 

I bet his son plays golf in college and not football.  You almost have to be big in stature to be a D1 pocket passer. 6 foot 2 and 220lb or better. 

12 hours ago, Gen7Dragon said:

He might try his hand at a big D1 program. I think he could get hired for big bucks. 

I bet his son plays golf in college and not football.  You almost have to be big in stature to be a D1 pocket passer. 6 foot 2 and 220lb or better. 

i know he's still pretty thin but thought he was 6' 1 -2". 

12 hours ago, Gen7Dragon said:

He will be a lot bigger this year. J Surratt is a very special player and will have many D1 offers after the 2024 season. 
look at his stats as a sophomore, he only needed a few more yards to break the single season record at Carthage. Just wait until the 2024 Dawgs trot out on the field. All those sophomores and Juniors will be bigger, stronger, and battle tested. The seniors are a good group and lead the 2024 Dawg. 
I am always excited to see what the Dawgs will look like each new year. 
But in 2024 we know how much talent they bring back at all positions. 
Let’s Go Dawgs 🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆 and hopefully in 2024 number 🏆
God Bless Coaches, Players, and Fans. 

• Thanks 1

From what I've heard the surratt boy is already a stud on the golf course. If the scores are to be believed from what I heard he's considerably better at golf than at qb and he's a really good qb. Similar to the frauenburger kid grapeland had a few years ago. Was a stud qb but went to play D1 golf.

Edited by PeanutKing74

1 hour ago, cowboyandchrist said:

He will be a lot bigger this year. J Surratt is a very special player and will have many D1 offers after the 2024 season. 
look at his stats as a sophomore, he only needed a few more yards to break the single season record at Carthage. Just wait until the 2024 Dawgs trot out on the field. All those sophomores and Juniors will be bigger, stronger, and battle tested. The seniors are a good group and lead the 2024 Dawg. 

Already starting early this year. lol 

On 1/31/2024 at 9:49 AM, cowboyandchrist said:

He probably won't get any taller. He isn't a true sophomore either. 

He is old enough to be a Jr.