(Girls basketball) #1 Fairfield @ #8 Franklin District championship

47 minutes ago, blackngoldtiger said:

Good luck but they still rolling from last season. Lol. 

So far Franklin has made to many mistakes by turning the ball over. They keep trying to force everything and it's coming back to hurt them. With that said it's only a 2 point game

Fairfield 31 Franklin 35 halftime

Franklin would be up by 10-15 points if they would slow down and quit trying to force everything. They are turning the ball over way to much and it's keeping Fairfield in the game.

Edited by lionpride08

1 hour ago, player73 said:

Fairfield is getting better each game. I’m curious who is going to challenge them in the region. Lorena, ??? 

Rice is the first team that came to my mind... they took Fairfield to the wire last year also Lorena is another good one.

1 hour ago, player73 said:

Fairfield is getting better each game. I’m curious who is going to challenge them in the region. Lorena, ??? 

They played better against Franklin in the first meeting. Franklin beat themselves against Fairfield this past game with tons of unnecessary turnovers and missed lay ups. I don't think Fairfield will win state this year or even make it to the state game. But being such a young team they could be going back the following year

2 hours ago, lionpride08 said:

They played better against Franklin in the first meeting. Franklin beat themselves against Fairfield this past game with tons of unnecessary turnovers and missed lay ups. I don't think Fairfield will win state this year or even make it to the state game. But being such a young team they could be going back the following year

They will make final four then it depends on who they draw.

I am with you they are so young and the talent coming up there is a reason they are becoming a machine over there in basketball

Edited by Allheartnoquit

23 hours ago, player73 said:

I think its probably Rice cause of Burks but i wouldnt be surprised to see FF back in San Antonio. Definitely seems like 3A is wide open this year. 

On 1/30/2024 at 7:16 AM, chevyman said:

I think its probably Rice cause of Burks but i wouldnt be surprised to see FF back in San Antonio. Definitely seems like 3A is wide open this year. 

Rice was the first team that popped up in my head as well

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, blackngoldtiger said:

Koff girls beat Rice 60 to 51 for tie breaker game for first place.  It was a good game. Needed this right before the playoffs started. I think we could have a shot at FF if we play a good game. 

Thats big too cause that means Koff wont have to play FF till regional final instead of 3rd round like Rice will have to. As someone who has never seen Rice play, does Burks just not have any help or what? I mean she avg 41.4 pts a game, it seems if you slow her down slightly then you win. 

2 hours ago, chevyman said:

Thats big too cause that means Koff wont have to play FF till regional final instead of 3rd round like Rice will have to. As someone who has never seen Rice play, does Burks just not have any help or what? I mean she avg 41.4 pts a game, it seems if you slow her down slightly then you win. 

I believe that is true. You stop her then you stop them

Edited by lionpride08