Jump to content

2024 FOOTBALL SCHEDULES


BlahBlah

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, ToddG said:

Getting your butt handed to you, badly, 3 weeks in a row..isn’t stones, and really doesn’t benefit..but, it does get folks talking about how “tough” your nondistrict is..I guess😂

The district is weak it helps for a strong playoff run but who says they lose all three ? They have a 50-50 chance against Longview 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/1/2024 at 10:43 PM, Lion7000 said:

Solid schedule was hoping an actual game between Henderson and Tatum. 

Not exactly a lot of bigger schools lining up to play against the flexbone triple option. Not a lot teams in 4A and up that run it so it's not really preparing you for anything on the schedule. And quite frankly......not a lot of DCs period that want to have to defend against it if they don't have to lol. I wouldn't want to. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Eagle8 said:

Not exactly a lot of bigger schools lining up to play against the flexbone triple option. Not a lot teams in 4A and up that run it so it's not really preparing you for anything on the schedule. And quite frankly......not a lot of DCs period that want to have to defend against it if they don't have to lol. I wouldn't want to. 

I could understand that. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, nacdragon07 said:

The district is weak it helps for a strong playoff run but who says they lose all three ? They have a 50-50 chance against Longview 

I’m not criticizing SOC, I’m scratching my head about what possible benefit Duncanville, and Northshore get? 0 benefit, maybe just wanting to minimize injuries before getting into district, and still get some work in. Longview/SOC will be a good game..SOC needs to experience Lobo stadium atmosphere..their playoff path will most likely be playing away from the DFW area vs teams with solid fan bases filling up stadiums(possible regional final vs PNG)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, ToddG said:

I’m not criticizing SOC, I’m scratching my head about what possible benefit Duncanville, and Northshore get? 0 benefit, maybe just wanting to minimize injuries before getting into district, and still get some work in. Longview/SOC will be a good game..SOC needs to experience Lobo stadium atmosphere..their playoff path will most likely be playing away from the DFW area vs teams with solid fan bases filling up stadiums(possible regional final vs PNG)

Do you know if the Aledo game this coming season vs Denton Ryan is home or away?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, AledoAlumni said:

Do you know if the Aledo game this coming season vs Denton Ryan is home or away?

Haven’t seen the “official” schedule..but, I heard the district coaches have ironed things out..so hopefully we get it soon.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Sportsguru02 said:

Dfield and Atlanta is a head scratcher 

DField is an interesting one. It has been several years since the two have played, prior to the Gibson era. think it comes down to just trying to find someone to play. I know PG has tried Sulphur Springs and Mt Pleasant in the past, but has had no luck. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, swaha said:

DField is an interesting one. It has been several years since the two have played, prior to the Gibson era. think it comes down to just trying to find someone to play. I know PG has tried Sulphur Springs and Mt Pleasant in the past, but has had no luck. 

I’m surprised daingerfield wanted that game.

Might as well start playing Gilmer again if you are going to play PG.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, nacdragon07 said:

The district is weak it helps for a strong playoff run but who says they lose all three ? They have a 50-50 chance against Longview 

I find it interesting you say they have a 50-50 chance lol. A program we've never lost to, have dominated in every single game we've ever played against them minus 1 back in the 60s and they'll be at our house...where we've lost just once in the last 7 seasons.

No doubt they're better than they were on their last trip Lobo in 2017, but they're still be significant underdogs.

Edited by LoboFan07
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/3/2024 at 5:47 PM, Lion7000 said:

I know the El campo Houston schools, Splendor of the world esp in 4a tend to get outmatched when they face. East Texas. They sport 11-0 and 12-0 record then reality kicks in.

El Campo has ended the Dawgs season on more than one occasion.  Them and Liberty Hill are in a special class.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, lionpride08 said:

I'm guessing the week 4 game fell through. Couldn't find a stadium between the two schools

Possibly but just surprised Brock pulled out, couldve been a good rivalry game

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...