2024-2026 District 8-3A Football

BigLion10

1 minute ago, Valhalla said:

I know this a football thread, but they separated Tatum and Jefferson for basketball. I thought that was interesting. 

I would have liked to keep them, myself. 

Just now, harry7 said:

can't wait to see how LE translates to 3a

We've all dropped.....Gladewater, Atlanta, Tatum.....all previous powers of the former........how many titles we got combined here? It ain't no walk in the park......it ain't that different when the cold weather hits. 

Just now, Eagle8 said:

We've all dropped.....Gladewater, Atlanta, Tatum.....all previous powers of the former........how many titles we got combined here? It ain't no walk in the park......it ain't that different when the cold weather hits. 

yep agreed! thats why im excited. think it could humble them

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, harry7 said:

Their speed will keep them in contention.....but I dont think anything will be a given for them.

4 minutes ago, harry7 said:

That’s funny considering we haven’t been good since 2015, there will be nothing to humble here we do have a top 5 baseball program in 4a last years state finalists and I don’t see that coming to an end in 3a lol, as far as football goes not sure we are bringing in a whole new staff! The talent is there we were really successful when we dropped from 4a to 3a in the 90’s.. who knows what will happen now!

1 minute ago, Eagle8 said:

Their speed will keep them in contention.....but I dont think anything will be a given for them.

We have lacked coaching over the years I hear this new guy was legit at Mt Vernon though!

12 minutes ago, Eagle8 said:

Definitely won’t be a walk in the park but there will not be an Gilmer or PG thank goodness! Lol

Just now, harry7 said:

whose new guy? dumb question i know. must have missed it

Brad Willard, he coached and played under Art Briles took Mt Vernon to state a couple of years and most recently was the offensive coordinator at Tyler Legacy! 

Ten Years ago LE’s enrollment was around 800 now at 538 Texarkana has shifted more towards the north side of town. Plus other teams having major success in town and some not so great hires.

Edited by LPND
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, LPND said:

Definitely won’t be a walk in the park but there will not be an Gilmer or PG thank goodness! Lol

Not in district.....but I can assure you.......there's some teams in the playoffs that will pop you in the mouff. Malakoff gonna be outrageous in our region this year. 

Not in district.....but I can assure you.......there's some teams in the playoffs that will pop you in the mouff. Malakoff gonna be outrageous in our region this year. 

Boy that D7 vs D8 first round 

• Like 2

Just now, LPND said:

Ten Years ago LE’s enrollment was around 800 now at 538 Texarkana has shifted more towards the north side of town. Plus other teams having major success in town and some botched hires lol

Yall should compete....but district won't be a walk in the park, either. It's good football though. It's fun to watch. 

Just now, Eagle8 said:

I was speaking solely on the district and I’m sure they are really really good!

Yall should compete....but district won't be a walk in the park, either. It's good football though. It's fun to watch. 

Vise versa, LE will not be a gimme as you guys won’t either I’m excited to see it play out!