2024-2024 4A-District 9 Division 1

BigLion10

39 minutes ago, KildogDad said:

No surprises.

Little more difficult . Automatic win is gone with Jacksonville and replace with a decent Pine Tree that could be a dark horse .  Kinda surprised Athens switched with mabank.

I look forward to another great year from CH. Notice the trend as of lately. Two semi-final game and a state championship game. I do not see us winning the ship without some changes on offense. When we get deep and reach those outstanding defenses and coaches, they shut us down. Vanilla play calling.  Too predictable. If we can spread the ball with some sort passing game and get away from brisbin/stewart run right run left i like our chances of a state title. The talent is in place. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, CHDog77 said:

I dig it.....kinda retro feeling!

I like the blue concept. We wore blue way back in 1998-1999 season never wore red. ( Before my time 80s ) I am sure they wore those colors but it was time for a change. I did like the silver lids which we have currently used .

1 hour ago, harry7 said:

Pine Tree going to make any noise in 4A?

They have the potential too. Their defense was good last year, but would get drilled down by the middle of the third because the offense couldn't sustain a drive. It was either a homerun score or a 3 and out....

Defense lost some starters on the D-Line / LB / S

This will hit them hard but I think they will still be a good defense, just not what they were last season.

Offense is getting alot back...2nd and 3rd year varsity starters will help here. 

Their PreDistrict Schedule will tell alot. 

1 hour ago, harry7 said:

Pine Tree going to make any noise in 4A?

Definitely will have an opportunity for that last playoff spot. Chill , Kilgore , and Lindale are probably safe for the playoffs unless injuries or crazy. 

Henderson will be improved and Palestine has a new coach. 

No idea about Mabank.

6 hours ago, Lion7000 said:

Definitely will have an opportunity for that last playoff spot. Chill , Kilgore , and Lindale are probably safe for the playoffs unless injuries or crazy. 

Henderson will be improved and Palestine has a new coach. 

No idea about Mabank.

So I've heard Henderson QB is in Kilgore. Very interesting 

1 hour ago, HJR7 said:

So I've heard Henderson QB is in Kilgore. Very interesting 

Good athlete but will likey will play another position. Running back or Linebacker. That what you need to know.

Edited by Lion7000

1 hour ago, Lion7000 said:

Good athlete but will likey will play another position. Running back or Linebacker. That what you need to know.

I don't know. Definitely wouldn't be QB1 starting off after what Brooks did for Kilgore in the playoff game. But, I'm no coach lol.