2AD1 District 10

Valhalla

Waskom is returning almost their entire team from a 3-7 season, first time in a while I don't really know what to expect out of this bunch of juniors and seniors though mostly juniors. I was expecting at least a 6-4 season last year and didn't come close just didn't take into account that 10th graders are still at the JV level of playing football. With the high risk offense that we ran had both its rewards but also its high level of fumbles. Our defense was not good enough to help the offense recover so we took our lumps. I am going to miss ole #22 but he was ready to leave, but I heard a lot of good things about Wade Lawson and look forward to seeing what he has in store for a team that still needs to mature into football players. This district is a weak district compared to what we left, with Harmony and Daingerfield being the two toughest outs in the district. Lot of unknowns going into the 2024 season but I will be there. 

• Like 4

• 2 months later...

I do not know how true it is but heard Crow (EF) kicked one of his best returning DE/TE out of athletes last week. From my understanding his DE/TE is a big contributor on both sides of the ball. This will make a big difference if they are referring to #18 Deuntae Harrison.

Edited by AllEyez

7 hours ago, AllEyez said:

I do not know how true it is but heard Crow (EF) kicked one of his best returning DE/TE out of athletes last week. From my understanding his DE/TE is a big contributor on both sides of the ball. This will make a big difference if they are referring to #18 Deuntae Harrison.

Well it is a while until the season starts so plenty of time to make good

9 hours ago, AllEyez said:

He must be a real turd if he is that good and getting kicked out. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, AllEyez said:

Don't know any details. I do know Crow and the kid have had issues for a while. Kid played hard his freshman year. The issues or disconnect between the player and coach caused his production and effort to nose dive his sophomore year. The kid has mentioned transferring to Carthage, but he won't see the field there. He better choose somewhere else. I am not blaming or defending Crow or the player because I do not know the details. Just stating what I saw.

17 minutes ago, DeBerryJacket said:

Don't know any details. I do know Crow and the kid have had issues for a while. Kid played hard his freshman year. The issues or disconnect between the player and coach caused his production and effort to nose dive his sophomore year. The kid has mentioned transferring to Carthage, but he won't see the field there. He better choose somewhere else. I am not blaming or defending Crow or the player because I do not know the details. Just stating what I saw.

A lot of kids have issues these days mainly with authority or being told what they need to do. I don't think old school works anymore, I would have done anything the coach told me to do to make the starting team, nowadays kiddos just as soon walk away and go vape with their buddies. I don't know what the answer is but the coach and young'uns have to make that connection, bigger schools with a lot of players a coach can coach old school small school with little to chose from is a lot harder.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Wild74 said:

A lot of kids have issues these days mainly with authority or being told what they need to do. I don't think old school works anymore, I would have done anything the coach told me to do to make the starting team, nowadays kiddos just as soon walk away and go vape with their buddies. I don't know what the answer is but the coach and young'uns have to make that connection, bigger schools with a lot of players a coach can coach old school small school with little to chose from is a lot harder.  

I agree

• 2 weeks later...

Well, something going on at EF because I know for sure one of his big linemen left EF. 

From what I was told the kid he kicked out of athletes had nothing to do with authority. Coach made a racist comment during a meeting with him and his mother and followed with I can relate to your boys. The mother had been on him ever since that and said he targeted the kid because of her. But I do know the basketball coach called one of his players a spider monkey at their athletic banquet on Tuesday. 

13 hours ago, AllEyez said:

Well, something going on at EF because I know for sure one of his big linemen left EF. 

From what I was told the kid he kicked out of athletes had nothing to do with authority. Coach made a racist comment during a meeting with him and his mother and followed with I can relate to your boys. The mother had been on him ever since that and said he targeted the kid because of her. But I do know the basketball coach called one of his players a spider monkey at their athletic banquet on Tuesday. 

Who left? 

11 hours ago, DeBerryJacket said:

Who left? 

Sounds like their race card is laminated. It’s a good thing. That thing gets whipped out like it’s at a Diddy freak off party. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

So DeBerry Jacket, did Varsity basketball coach call one of his African American player a "spider monkey"? Just asking because you seem to know a lot, ijs. I seen a post on facebook about it, but you know nobody comment on it. Everybody radio silent.

Edited by AllEyez

10 hours ago, AllEyez said:

So DeBerry Jacket, did Varsity basketball coach call one of his African American player a "spider monkey"? Just asking because you seem to know a lot, ijs. I seen a post on facebook about it, but you know nobody comment on it. Everybody radio silent.

Facebook? What a bastion of truth. 

19 hours ago, AllEyez said:

Who left? Brody Baugh

After I posted the question, I remembered who left. You are correct. His reason for leaving was different from anything going on at the school with coaches, players, teachers, etc. His reason was for something outside of the school altogether.

19 hours ago, AllEyez said:

A coach did say that. I do not think the coach was meaning that in a racially derogatory way. Not defending him, just my opinion and the way I took it. It was one of those tone deaf moments. He meant it like the kid gets after it, causes havoc, high energy. and frustration to other players. He just used the wrong term in that situation. I don't think he meant any harm or racism. Just a bad choice of words. That's my 2 cents. 

1 minute ago, DeBerryJacket said:

A coach did say that. I do not think the coach was meaning that in a racially derogatory way. Not defending him, just my opinion and the way I took it. It was one of those tone deaf moments. He meant it like the kid gets after it, causes havoc, high energy. and frustration to other players. He just used the wrong term in that situation. I don't think he meant any harm or racism. Just a bad choice of words. That's my 2 cents. 

Most likely true people get offended very easily these days or just want to make a mountain out of a mole hill 

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/28/2024 at 6:41 PM, PantherNation2015 said:

@Doomer are you celebrating the Lady Cat softball victory from earlier today?  I bet Zippy J’s is 🔥.  Congrats and I hope they win state tomorrow night.

They gave it all they had!

• Like 1