***District 11-2A (D2) | 2024-2026 Official Thread***

2024-2026 UIL REALIGNMENT DAY finds a couple new schools added to last realignment's District 11:  Grapeland & Lovelady.  We lose Carlisle who bumped back up to D1.

District 11-2A (D2):

• Alto
  • Cushing
  • Grapeland
  • Lovelady
  • Mount Enterprise
  • Overton
  • Tenaha

Should be a competitive district!  Maybe only second to District 10.....in Region 3 anyway.  When you look at the map, seems the UIL got East Texas right.

2024-2026 Realignment.jpg

2A D2 Map.jpg

Edited by StingEmALTO
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Lion2001 said:

UIL finally got it right. should be a fun district here

I thought Lovelady to Tenaha was kind of a stretch (an hour 40 by google maps)! But it will definitely be a good district. I think Lovelady will be the team to beat. Tenaha will do Tenaha (even with a new coach) and Mount Enterprise has most everyone returning lead by their stud running back. Alto only lost a couple starters and will be improved. Then there’s Overton, Cushing, and Grapeland. Haven’t studied it enough to see who is losing what and how many are returning etc. But all in all, should be fun to watch!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, StingEmALTO said:

I thought Lovelady to Tenaha was kind of a stretch (an hour 40 by google maps)! But it will definitely be a good district. I think Lovelady will be the team to beat. Tenaha will do Tenaha (even with a new coach) and Mount Enterprise has most everyone returning lead by their stud running back. Alto only lost a couple starters and will be improved. Then there’s Overton, Cushing, and Grapeland. Haven’t studied it enough to see who is losing what and how many are returning etc. But all in all, should be fun to watch!

That’s better than when we drove to sabine pass, Deweyville and Evadale. 

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, StingEmALTO said:

More than anything I'm glad Alto will finally be able to play for postseason. I'm still raw about how the kids were punished for the mistakes of a couple grownups.  

• Like 4

Just now, Mr. P said:

More than anything I'm glad Alto will finally be able to play for postseason. I'm still raw about how the kids were punished for the mistakes of a couple grownups.  

Amen, thanks, and don't even get me started. 😂

• Like 1
  • Love 2

14 minutes ago, ROHOAlum said:

District 10 is gonna be a gauntlet, going to be interesting to see who is leading coming out of it.

You said it! Mart obviously until someone takes them down, but those others are salty. Lots of good matchups with tradition-rich schools. 

Just now, StingEmALTO said:

You said it! Mart obviously until someone takes them down, but those others are salty. Lots of good matchups with tradition-rich schools. 

Depending on which Chilton, Bremond, Mart has the next family generational athletes coming through. End of day regardless of talent those 3 playing each other will always make for great games. Gambles last year at Chilton we tried to get Mart and Marlin on non-district before realignments the following year, beat bremond in district, broke the hump on the Shiner playoff meeting just to have Bremond get their lick back in the playoffs that year. Arguably the best Chilton team but had a tougher road than the following year when they won state.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ROHOAlum said:

Depending on which Chilton, Bremond, Mart has the next family generational athletes coming through. End of day regardless of talent those 3 playing each other will always make for great games. Gambles last year at Chilton we tried to get Mart and Marlin on non-district before realignments the following year, beat bremond in district, broke the hump on the Shiner playoff meeting just to have Bremond get their lick back in the playoffs that year. Arguably the best Chilton team but had a tougher road than the following year when they won state.

Happens that way sometime. I’ll still contend that our ‘95 team who beat state-ranked teams in Groveton and Refugio before falling to Celina in the state championship could arguably be our best team. (NOT taking anything away from our state champs in ‘06 and ‘07! They got it done!) Matchups, talent, coaching, and a little luck go a long way in winning a championship.

Those Chilton and Bremond teams over the years have been tough. Throw in Wortham and Golthwaite (state champs also!) along with perennial Mart and you’ve got 🔥. Makes Texas high school football what it is! 

IMG_6536.jpeg

Edited by StingEmALTO
  • Like 1

Just now, StingEmALTO said:

Happens that way sometime. I’ll still contend that our ‘95 team who beat state-ranked teams in Groveton and Refugio before falling to Celina in the state championship could arguably be our best team. Matchups, talent, coaching, and a little luck go a long way in winning a championship.

Those Chilton and Bremond teams over the years have been tough. Throw in Wortham and Golthwaite (state champs also!) along with perennial Mart and you’ve got 🔥. Makes Texas high school football what it is! 

IMG_6536.jpeg

Yea Chilton 06-07 district was stacked from ranked teams from previous year that didnt pan out that year unfortunately, Mart did provide a great week 1, so did iola. But Gamble did talk about the great teams he coached at Alto all the time.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, ROHOAlum said:

Yea Chilton 06-07 district was stacked from ranked teams from previous year that didnt pan out that year unfortunately, Mart did provide a great week 1, so did iola. But Gamble did talk about the great teams he coached at Alto all the time.

They would run through a brick wall for him that’s for sure. 

• Like 2

Amen, thanks, and don't even get me started!!!

Me either StingEm! Almost two years later, I'm just as mad as I was on that August day when it saw it posted on Smoaky about the meeting! That took to dad gum long to come out, and then meeting put off till August as two a days started. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Cowboys1970 said:

Amen, thanks, and don't even get me started!!!

Me either StingEm! Almost two years later, I'm just as mad as I was on that August day when it saw it posted on Smoaky about the meeting! That took to dad gum long to come out, and then meeting put off till August as two a days started. 

Can you imagine having a senior on that talented team who went on to win the district and not be able to advance to the playoffs?  Oh yeah, I CAN.........

But onward and upward.

Edited by StingEmALTO

• StingEmALTO changed the title to ***District 11-2A (D2) | 2024-2026 Official Thread***
1 hour ago, ROHOAlum said:

District 10 is gonna be a gauntlet, going to be interesting to see who is leading coming out of it.

11 I think will be worse at least 10 has a few cupcakes. But both are going to have good teams that don’t make the playoffs 

Cushing returns 4 starters on the OL, QB who will be a 3rd year starter, and one of the slot backs, also a 3rd year starter.  JV did real well last year to.  Going to be a tough go for them to get back in the playoffs.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lion1996 said:

11 I think will be worse at least 10 has a few cupcakes. But both are going to have good teams that don’t make the playoffs 

Some of those cupcakes have been contenders before, just comes down to which generation has the talent coming to hs. 

Saw Overton in CKT in playoffs. They are spread and have tall receivers and an accurate qb who has reads that he can progress through. Very much improved Overton from 2011-2016.

Mount has Coach H is awesome and will have them ready.

IDK what Lovelady will bring to the table this year, but they've been on a roll lately and they probably still have some talent leftover from those teams.  Based off of the last few year I'm going to put them as a favorite.  Teneha will be the same as last year... They will win games with athletic ability and no discipline.  Overton and Mount Enterprise will be the swing game for third and fourth place IMO. Unless Grapeland has something going on that I'm not aware of. Maybe they bring a playoff team to the district.  

Edited by MUSTANGMANIA

44 minutes ago, MUSTANGMANIA said:

IDK what Lovelady will bring to the table this year, but they've been on a roll lately and they probably still have some talent leftover from those teams.  Based off of the last few year I'm going to put them as a favorite.  Teneha will be the same as last year... They will win games with athletic ability and no discipline.  Overton and Mount Enterprise will be the swing game for third and fourth place IMO. Unless Grapeland has something going on that I'm not aware of. Maybe they bring a playoff team to the district.  

LL we lose the whole line. But the jv was probably one of the best in 2a last year. I think we are going to be just as good. Grapeland had no defense last year but have talent. I could see mt E being really good this year too. 

Edited by Lion1996

If Mt.E finds a defense that can stop anyone the Ashe kid will roll them to a DC. LL will need to reload but could easily find a way to win the DC as well. Feels like Tenaha, Grapeland, and Overton will be fighting for the final 2 playoff spots. Alto will need to rebuild from the ground up after last year.