3. San Augustine

4. ShelbyvilleΒ 

5. Joaquin

6. Hemphill

Β 

Β 

Β 

Probably spot on, I would echo this.

Garrison vs. Timpson for District Championship and then again for the Regional Championship,Β  again.

• Confused 1

On 2/13/2024 at 1:00 PM, KirtFalcon said:

Β 

My early District 11 Prediction:

1. Garrison

2. Timpson

3. San Augustine

4. ShelbyvilleΒ 

5. Joaquin

6. Hemphill

Β 

Β 

Β 

What makes garrison the favorite? I know they lost quite a bit as well.Β 

1 hour ago, JMS1971 said:

What makes garrison the favorite? I know they lost quite a bit as well.Β 

Garrison was the second best team in the district last season and in my opinion the second best team in the state in 2A DI ..... Timpson is losing Bussey and quite a few more seniors than Garrison .... Also, Garrison returns the nucleus of a very good team ..... Timpson has more holes to fill than Garrison, I believe ...... I think the rest of the district has a ways to go to challenge Garrison or Timpson .....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, playactionpass39 said:

I really think it's a 3 horse race.

SA, Timpson and Garrison could all win the District and/or the Region.

I have no doubt that SA will be much improved this year, and a very likely playoff team. They were essentially a JV team last year. But it’s a huge leap from 3-7 to winning the region.Β 

16 hours ago, JMS1971 said:

I didn’t know if I was missing somethingΒ 

Some people want to write off Timpson just because Terry Bussey graduated.

Now, no disrespect to Mr. Texas High School football, but the demise of Timpson football is greatly exaggerated.

It is not easy to replace a player as talented as Bussey, and they obviously won't do it with just one guy.

But, Timpson still has dudes and those dudes can still play.

SA and Garrison will be good, but Timpson will right there with them and may beat both of them, we will see.

• Like 1

I do believe Timpson still has the best single player in the district with Garner .... he is a difference maker if he can stay healthy....he went out early in the game with injuries in both games against Garrison last season .... can he stay healthy against the more physical teams? Will he play QB or RB on offense? .... with Garner in the game and healthy I'm sure Timpson is the equal of anyone in the district,Β  if not the best team .... Garrison has a tough pre district to get through ... one out of state large school 3A size team from Louisiana as well as 3ADI Anahuac and 3A Arp ... I hope to post the complete schedule soon as it's officialΒ  .....Β  I agree, Timpson, Garrison or SA could finish in any order .... I don't look for Joaquin to be a push over either .... who knows at this point Shelbyville or Hemphill could raise their ugly heads and beat some teams they aren't suppose to .... whatever happens Garrison will make every game a dawg fight ....

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Garrison wins back to back State Powerlifting Championships 2023 & 2024 .... gonna have some big, strong boys on both sides of the line and in the backfield .... better eat your Wheaties,Β  if you wanna mix it up in the trenched with them Dawgs .....

• 2 months later...
Posted (edited)

Not only have these teams graduated players but Timpson, Joaquin and Hemphill are replacing head coaches. How is this going to effect their teams? Timpson is replacing head coach and the entire offensive staff. Joaquin is replacing head coach and multiple assistants and Hemphill is replacing most of the staff?Β 

Edited by GrayBear
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, GrayBear said:

Not only have these teams graduated players but Timpson, Joaquin and Hemphill are replacing head coaches. How is this going to effect their teams? Timpson is replacing head coach and the entire offensive staff. Joaquin is replacing head coach and multiple assistants and Hemphill is replacing most of the staff?Β 

Timpson offensive staff retire with coach T?

• KirtFalcon changed the title to 🏈🏈🏈 The Official 2024 - 2025 2A DI District 11 Football Thread 🏈🏈🏈
On 6/7/2024 at 9:08 PM, GrayBear said:

New head coach decided to go a different direction is my understanding.

Β 

On 6/6/2024 at 8:55 PM, GrayBear said:

Any coaching hire is a gamble. Even with a proven winner like Coach Therwanger, you don’t know for certain that the chemistry will be there between coaches and players. In addition, having to replace basically the entire staff makes the transition more difficult. Timpson and Joaquin both elected to go with guys who have been in their program for years. I think they are both ready, but how will their staff hires work out? Definitely makes the 2024 season more interesting.Β 

Been hearing some big rumors have some move-in one really big move-in. Garrison has lost a couple of key returning starters on these because they moved to different school just that’s floating around the coffee shops…. Anybody know any truth to move in transfer?

1 hour ago, ttowngrad said:

Been hearing some big rumors have some move-in one really big move-in. Garrison has lost a couple of key returning starters on these because they moved to different school just that’s floating around the coffee shops…. Anybody know any truth to move in transfer?

Well Doomer was telling me that his ex-girlfriend’s stepmom’s second husband’s sister in law’s common law wife’s half brother’s third cousin’s baby daddy was at Shelbyville Grocery having a burger the other day and heard about a transfer RB they had moving in from Greenbow Alabama. Kid’s name is Gump. Forrest Gump III. Tru storieΒ 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1