2AD1 District 9 2024

1 hour ago, SmokedOut said:

To my knowledge, Garrison didn’t lose much at all. Both games against Timpson were one possession games I believe. That was with a once in a generation talent like Bussey playing. You can’t replace him. I don’t care if his replacement is great. There will never be another like him. That’s just my opinion. I think the whole state of Texas would be shocked if Waskom beat them. Waskom is starting over again with a coaching staff. Can’t ever count them out. Waskom will always come out with some athletes. 

garrison lost a lot . I know the whole starting backfield QB and a reciever

5 hours ago, grinder said:

garrison lost a lot . I know the whole starting backfield QB and a reciever

The RBs and WR can be replaced easy enough ... I think we will overall have as good or better RBs and WR .... QB has to be the main concern ... breaking in a new QB before district play is the most important thing .... we lost some key players  but I think Timpson lost more than we did ... something like 17 seniors .... Timpson's biggest challenge, other than losing so many starters, will be keeping Garner healthy ... our defense knocked him out of both games last season  ....  I like our chances in district play .... we will see who wants to step up early in non-district against Anahuac 3ADI, Arp 3A, Waskom, and the 3A level Louisiana opponent  ... it's going to make for an interesting season .....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

The RBs and WR can be replaced easy enough ... I think we will overall have as good or better RBs and WR .... QB has to be the main concern ... breaking in a new QB before district play is the most important thing .... we lost some key players  but I think Timpson lost more than we did ... something like 17 seniors .... Timpson's biggest challenge, other than losing so many starters, will be keeping Garner healthy ... our defense knocked him out of both games last season  ....  I like our chances in district play .... we will see who wants to step up early in non-district against Anahuac 3ADI, Arp 3A, Waskom, and the 3A level Louisiana opponent  ... it's going to make for an interesting season .....

I’m ready

• Like 1

4 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

What were the scores of the two Timpson games. I know they were insanely close. Would’ve been easy wins if not for Bussey

On 5/10/2024 at 9:59 PM, SmokedOut said:

What were the scores of the two Timpson games. I know they were insanely close. Would’ve been easy wins if not for Bussey

Bussey beat Garrison 6 times in his 4 years.  He is irreplaceable.  If you didn't get to see him play, you missed something special. 

2023 District 35-26

2023 Playoffs 35-23

2022 District 44-38

2021 51-0

2020 District 34-6

2020 Playoffs 35-14

58 minutes ago, Numberjack said:

Bussey beat Garrison 6 times in his 4 years.  He is irreplaceable.  If you didn't get to see him play, you missed something special. 

2023 District 35-26

2023 Playoffs 35-23

2022 District 44-38

2021 51-0

2020 District 34-6

2020 Playoffs 35-14

Timpson had an incredible run the last 5-6 years, but before that they weren’t great. Does the talent drop back off now? I know Bussy will hurt, but do they have anything coming to keep competing at a high level?

55 minutes ago, DogEatDog said:

Timpson had an incredible run the last 5-6 years, but before that they weren’t great. Does the talent drop back off now? I know Bussy will hurt, but do they have anything coming to keep competing at a high level?

Timpson has some talent coming back, as does Garrison  ... the bears had a great run ....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Numberjack said:

2023 District 35-26

2023 Playoffs 35-23

2022 District 44-38

2021 51-0

2020 District 34-6

2020 Playoffs 35-14

Those last 3 games were super close. Timpson blew out some big name schools. Speaks volumes about Garrison. Timpson is bound to drop off. Like you said, once in a lifetime talent in Bussey 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, DogEatDog said:

At the level they were playing at with Bussey? Three semi-final appearances and a state championship in 4 years? I don't see that happening.

40 minutes ago, Numberjack said:

At the level they were playing at with Bussey? Three semi-final appearances and a state championship in 4 years? I don't see that happening.

No. I’m talking about keeping it competitive. Consistent playoffs, and runs on occasion. Before 16-17, they weren’t that. 

Historically, Garrison has owned Timpson ... the overall win/loss record has been pretty lopsided in Garrison's favor ... the "Bussey era" was a great run for Timson and you have to give them their props for what they achieved .... for the most part Garrison played them pretty tough,  even with Bussey .... I believe this rivalry will fall back into the "normal" pattern until the next Bussey or Domingo Bryant emerges .....

30 minutes ago, PewittPride said:

Is it August yet???

Today’s heat made me light headed. Better get in shape or I’m gonna have a heat stroke come August. Good Lord willing I’m still around by then. 

1 minute ago, Bulldognation1 said:

Is Pewitt returning a lot?

They’ll be mainly juniors and sophomores I believe. I’ve heard some of the starters are being moved to where the new HFC thinks they’ll be more effective. Going in with a whole new offense and most importantly a whole new defensive scheme. To much up in the air with all the much needed changes. I hope they get it back on track. To rich of a program to be in the ditch like they’ve been the last couple of years. 

5 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

Historically, Garrison has owned Timpson ... the overall win/loss record has been pretty lopsided in Garrison's favor ... the "Bussey era" was a great run for Timson and you have to give them their props for what they achieved .... for the most part Garrison played them pretty tough,  even with Bussey .... I believe this rivalry will fall back into the "normal" pattern until the next Bussey or Domingo Bryant emerges .....

When Bussey played limited minutes this year against Daingerfield, there was a kid that did well at QB for them. I heard it was his cousin. Not sure if that’s just a rumor. He got a win against the Tigers and that’s no easy task. 

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, SmokedOut said:

When Bussey played limited minutes this year against Daingerfield, there was a kid that did well at QB for them. I heard it was his cousin. Not sure if that’s just a rumor. He got a win against the Tigers and that’s no easy task. 

That was Garner  .... he's a load for a QB/RB .... possibly the best player in the district, when healthy ... he got knocked out of the game pretty early against us in both games last season .... the Dawg defense will light you up if you want to play physical .... he needs to avoid injury for Timpson to compete .....

Edited by KirtFalcon
yo mama

On 5/10/2024 at 10:28 AM, SmokedOut said:

People in Honey Grove are delusional. When they were shutting out scrubs I heard people comparing them to the 83 tigers of Daingerfield. Cooper proceeded to blow them out 🤣

2 score game= not a blowout.

the delusional ones are the troll from Cooper who created an account to seem to be from HG

1 hour ago, Warriorborn said:

the delusional ones are the troll from Cooper who created an account to seem to be from HG

Well that seems underhanded. Little disappointed in those Delta county boys. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Warriorborn said:

I could be wrong, but I’m not sure there was a stat in that game that didn't favor Cooper. Cooper was in control of that game from start to finish. What will be hg’s excuse this year if they still don’t beat Cooper & win a district title with all those returning starters?

undefeated district champs 2018,20,21,22,23… y'all got a lot of catching up to do lol

On 5/10/2024 at 5:56 PM, KirtFalcon said:

Garrison has to be odds on favorite to win the District, right?

16 minutes ago, playactionpass39 said:

Garrison has to be odds on favorite to win the District, right?

Only if you ask people from Garrison. I think pretty much everyone else in the state believes it is still Timpson.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

Only if you ask people from Garrison. I think pretty much everyone else in the state believes it is still Timpson.

Interesting, losing Mr. Texas Football and his 16 classmates  has to hurt a little.

But, I guess Garrison lost a lot too.

Will be interesting to see how it plays out.