District 9-4A Division One

• 4 weeks later...

My way, way, WAY to early prediction for the 2024 season.

1- Chapel Hill...this is the year.

2- Kilgore...to good of a program to finish worse than second.

3- Lindale...3 and 4 could flip.

4- Pine Tree...4 and 3 could flip.

5- Henderson...Lions got to get up off the canvas sooner or later.

6- Palestine...new coach so who knows?

7- Mabank...I have no idea.

***State Champs- Chapel Hill Bulldogs***

I reserve the right to change any/all of this after I actually start paying attention lol.

1. Kilgore 

2. Lindale 

3. Chapel Hill 

4. Henderson PT winner

5. Loser of that game 

6. Palestine 

7. Mabank 

Note : Kilgore get over Chill hump 

Lindale as well and Chill takes a step back but still goes deep.

Henderson improves and Pt could be a darkhorse. 

Palestine unknown 

Hadn’t got a clue about Mabank.

This is way too early. But just my thoughts I don't think a team goes undefeated in district.

The 2 top dogs (CH & Kilgore) both lost alot of key players. Kilgore brings back practically the whole defense and CH has 2 studs on offense. Should be interesting this go around.

My 2 cents in early March:

1. Kilgore - until proven otherwise in my opinion...the defense was incredible last year and they're all back it seems

2. Lindale/Chapel Hill - Lindale and CH both replace a lot. CH has the dudes in the backfield, but they lost the monster offensive linemen...Lindale loses Thurman and Poe...hope the Eagles have something to replace them in the pipeline.

3. Lindale/Chapel Hill - Loser of this game

4. Pine Tree - Good athletes and coming down from 5A. I'd be shocked if they don't get in.

5. Palestine - Reyes is a good coach. Interested to see if he can execute his system in Palestine. They haven't exactly thrown the ball a lot recently.

6. Henderson - Growing pains and recovery from the previous staff continues.

7. Mabank - Welcome back to 9-4A...unfortunately it's a bad draw for the Panthers.

Kilgore will have to lean on the defense early on in the season....offense will probably struggle early as we lost the entire offensive line and QB along with having arguably one of the toughest non-district schedules in the state to break in the new guys (Carthage, Whitehouse, Gilmer, PG)....but, with that being said, I truly believe Brooks is more than capable of leading the offense at QB...especially, after what I seen him do after being thrown in the fire against Needville last year in the 3rd round....as for the Oline I have been in Kilgore my whole life and there has not been many times I thought to myself, our Oline is terrible...that's something along with RB's Kilgore has always figured out and done pretty well at replacing!!...I think I'm just more excited to see who the new guys will be and also, to watch some of our defensive studs grow even more and continue causing problems for opposing teams ;)

Edited by kdogs00

4 minutes ago, kdogs00 said:

Kilgore will have to lean on the defense early on in the season....offense will probably struggle early as we lost the entire offensive line and QB along with having arguably one of the toughest non-district schedules in the state to break in the new guys (Carthage, Whitehouse, Gilmer, PG)....but, with that being said, I truly believe Brooks is more than capable of leading the offense at QB...especially, after what I seen him do after being thrown in the fire against Needville last year in the 3rd round....as for the Oline I have been in Kilgore my whole life and there has not been many times I thought to myself, our Oline is terrible...that's something along with RB's Kilgore has always figured out and done pretty well at replacing!!...I think I'm just more excited to see who the new guys will be and also, to watch some of our defensive studs grow even more and continue causing problems for opposing teams ;)

Kilgore has to have one of the toughest non district schedules, if not the toughest, in all of 4a.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, kdogs00 said:

Non district for Kilgore is one of the toughest I can remember in a long time for East Texas 4A ball. Chapel Hills non district is extremely tough as well

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GoodOleBoy73 said:

Non district for Kilgore is one of the toughest I can remember in a long time for East Texas 4A ball. Chapel Hills non district is extremely tough as well

just come out healthy and show you can compete....we will get punched in the mouth early but if/when the guys start throwing blows back and fighting is when you know you got something...

• Like 2

5 hours ago, kdogs00 said:

just come out healthy and show you can compete....we will get punched in the mouth early but if/when the guys start throwing blows back and fighting is when you know you got something...

Glad y'all are on the schedule. The Dawgs vs Dogs always seem to be good games and come down to the wire.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, GoodOleBoy73 said:

Getting towards the end of the school year...how is everyone feeling about the upcoming season? Offseason seem to be going well? Anything noteworthy?

@kdogs00 @CHDog77 @Aggie98 @EnjoyLife @HJR7 @Lion7000 @Lion Breed @LordSensei @LetsGoEagles @Jakeelee05 @JugLine @LilBroKevTEN @Chill5000 @JR88 @KildogDad

Excited about the new faces coming up. Gotta replace 3 offensive linemen, our top 2 receivers, and several playmakers on defense! The newbies are going to get tested early and often with CHs tough predistrict schedule. Looking forward to hearing how spring training is going. 

• Like 1

Looking forward to Kilgore. Main thing for us is finding 5 guys on the O-Line.

I expect Kilgore to get hit in the mouth early during pre season and put it together during district and leading to a nice little run. 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, GoodOleBoy73 said:

Shaping up to be an interesting year. I'm curious how Lindale will replace the production of Thurman from the last few years.

I feel like we say that every year about Lindale and boom they have another workhorse, can never count them out.

• Like 1

On 4/26/2024 at 10:48 AM, GoodOleBoy73 said:

Getting towards the end of the school year...how is everyone feeling about the upcoming season? Offseason seem to be going well? Anything noteworthy?

@kdogs00 @CHDog77 @Aggie98 @EnjoyLife @HJR7 @Lion7000 @Lion Breed @LordSensei @LetsGoEagles @Jakeelee05 @JugLine @LilBroKevTEN @Chill5000 @JR88 @KildogDad

To echo HJR7.... lots of holes to fill on the O-line for Kilgore. Defense should be really good..... lots of skill position talent on O. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, cowboyandchrist said:

Carthage brings back 9 on defense and 8 on offense. 

Good to see surrounding teams can watch their hometown boys for one more season lol. Just kidding. 👀

I believe Pine Tree will fair better than Jacksonville did. Not every day you get worse in a drop of classification. However, our district was more competitive than the East Tx 5a District. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Lion7000 said:

I believe Pine Tree will fair better than Jacksonville did. Not every day you get worse in a drop of classification. However, our district was more competitive than the East Tx 5a District. 

Agreed. I think a good football team will be sitting at home when the playoffs start.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GoodOleBoy73 said:

Agreed. I think a good football team will be sitting at home when the playoffs start.

Couldn't agree more.