@BarryLaverty

DannyZuco

I've been at a conference all week, just about to finish up.....has anyone in your district started using the terms "cognitive overload".......

They have been using it at this conference over and over and over.....I understand the process of it, and wonder if this is a way to get schools to go to "block" scheduling or shorter school days? 

Just wondering.....

37 minutes ago, DannyZuco said:

I've been at a conference all week, just about to finish up.....has anyone in your district started using the terms "cognitive overload".......

They have been using it at this conference over and over and over.....I understand the process of it, and wonder if this is a way to get schools to go to "block" scheduling or shorter school days? 

Just wondering.....

I thought a lot of schools were already doing block scheduling. I know schools around here (from people I know who I've talked to) talk about schools having A/B days. Except some classes are every day (i.e. those who play sports would have practice every day).

1 hour ago, DannyZuco said:

Just wondering.....

Feel like they come up with new jargon every day in education, and we do have students who need 'breaks', of course, as a part of their IEP or 504 plan, but I have not heard that specific term, as of yet. I think 'learning loss' and 'learning gaps' are more a concern in my district, in some cases because of Covid, but in some cases, if we get a transfer student, that seems to be the primary concern. I have been on block for only a short time in my career, and I wasn't a huge fan of the AB concept for students who were certainly not mature enough to always be responsible with the college-style schedule. Give me a 4-day week with longer hours and some remediation or acceleration on some Fridays any day. 

10 hours ago, DannyZuco said:

Just wondering.....

You just did a whole topic titled Barry

image.gif

• LOL! 3