Shooting at Joel Osteen's megachurch in Houston...

Sportsfanatic1

41 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

What race do you think they should consider themselves?

What reality dictates. I didn't say they weren't, by the way. And you can't show me anywhere where I did say that. Do you consider Elon Musk an "African American"? How about Charlize Theron?

What I actually said, and I'll make it simple for you, is that identifying as something doesn't make it so. Rachael Dolezal identifies as a black woman. Was she?

By the way, "Hispanic" generally refers to a broad range of people from Spanish-speaking nations. This covers a broad array of peoples, cultures, and ethnicities. Spaniards can be considered Hispanic. So can Argentinians, Mexicans, Ecuadorians, and others from Latin-American and Spanish-Speaking countries.

1 hour ago, Monte1076 said:

Doesn't mean they are.

3 minutes ago, Monte1076 said:

I didn't say they weren't, by the way. And you can't show me anywhere where I did say that.

Do you ever get dizzy talking in circles? What was your point in disputing that? Why can't it be so? 

13 hours ago, Youngcoach123 said:

Red flag laws are a violation of the people’s right to own guns.

Do you believe there should be any restrictions on any Americans right to own guns/weapons?

Not a "gotcha" question...Im just curious.

14 minutes ago, EnjoyLife said:

Do you believe there should be any restrictions on any Americans right to own guns/weapons?

This is a good question. How many rights are considered "dangerous" that you think we need to have restrictions on? Are the rights enumerated in the first amendment dangerous? How many of them should be restricted?

How about the 4th Amendment? Or the 5th? Or 6th? Or 14th? Or 19th?

8 minutes ago, Monte1076 said:

This is a good question. How many rights are considered "dangerous" that you think we need to have restrictions on? Are the rights enumerated in the first amendment dangerous? How many of them should be restricted?

How about the 4th Amendment? Or the 5th? Or 6th? Or 14th? Or 19th?

That is the tricky part. The right to bear arms is enumerated in the US Constitution...but does that right mean that some guy that says on social media that he is going to kill his estranged wife should be able to walk into a gun store and walk out a few minutes later "loaded for bear"?

52 minutes ago, EnjoyLife said:

For law abiding citizens no. Felons on parole, restrictions are fine. Once a felon has served their time they should be free to own weapons again.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BarryLaverty said:

I was aware of the laws but wanted to gauge how far is too far from @Monte1076 and you on regulating ownership. 

Never experienced or known anyone personally who has been saved from crime by gun ownership. Maybe you do. 

I know many. But then again, I probably have more friends than you.

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

34 minutes ago, EnjoyLife said:

That is the tricky part. The right to bear arms is enumerated in the US Constitution...but does that right mean that some guy that says on social media that he is going to kill his estranged wife should be able to walk into a gun store and walk out a few minutes later "loaded for bear"?

Do you know for sure he's going to do it?

And by that token, should his speech be restricted? Or any of the other rights noted above?

1 hour ago, BarryLaverty said:

Do you ever get dizzy talking in circles? What was your point in disputing that? Why can't it be so? 

That's not talking in circles "It doesn't mean they are" is different from "No, they aren't".

• SMH 1

12 minutes ago, Youngcoach123 said:

I know many. But then again, I probably have more friends than you.

Maybe so, but a little off that you must live in a place where you or your 'friends' constantly need to pull out a gun to save yourself, while I have lived in Texas for almost 60 years and have never had to do so. 

2 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

Maybe so, but a little off that you must live in a place where you or your 'friends' constantly need to pull out a gun to save yourself, while I have lived in Texas for almost 60 years and have never had to do so. 

Not all defensive uses of a firearm results in shots being fired. But I bet you know this and are just being obtuse to support your bad argument.

2 hours ago, BarryLaverty said:

I was aware of the laws but wanted to gauge how far is too far from @Monte1076 and you on regulating ownership. 

Never experienced or known anyone personally who has been saved from crime by gun ownership. Maybe you do. 

I am living proof of someone who twice defused a "bad situation" because I was armed ... once in Arizona when a guy dressed in solid black was in my fenced back yard trying to break into my storage building .... I walked up behind him with my Remington models 700 30.06 deer rifle .... he took off and practically hurdled my 8ft privacy fence ...

Another time when I was in Marshall at the mall sitting in my Bronco waiting on my wife to return ... I saw a tall man going up and down the rows of parked cars trying to break in and steal stuff, I as parked on the end of the row next to the buildings .... when he got close to my vehicle I rolled down the window and he started off to me when I asked what he was doing ... He started to mouth off again so I laid the barrel of my 44 magnum on the base of the window .... He saw it and dropped several items he had taken from other vehicles and he ran like a scalded dog .... I called 911 and gave them his description and which way he ran .....

Both instances might have turned out differently without my 30.06 and my 44 magnum  S&W model 29 Dirty Harry Special ....

1 hour ago, EnjoyLife said:

What do the words "shall not be infringed" mean to you?  Seem's pretty clear cut to me.  You'd have to perform mental gymnastics and twist yourself into a pretzel to arrive at some other conclusion.  Sometimes words actually mean what they say.  Ps, this wasn't an American that committed this atrocity.

Edited by DAWG91