Biden to refuse Cognitive Test

Youngcoach123

If past presidents have taken a cognitive test as part of their annual physical then Biden should also. Most people his age suffer mental decline to some degree...but he is not "some people" he is POTUS. Seems to me that the country deserves to know if the leader of the free world has serious cognitive issues or not.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

Not opposed to it, just like I think all POTUSs should completely reveal their taxes and business interests and divest themselves from anything that might remotely conflict with the duties of the office. Who's with me?  

Me! Congressmen and Bureaucrats as well.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, BarryLaverty said:

Not opposed to it, just like I think all POTUSs should completely reveal their taxes and business interests and divest themselves from anything that might remotely conflict with the duties of the office. Who's with me?  

Agreed.  The Big Guy should come clean.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BarryLaverty said:

Be careful what you wish for. The ramifications of that would take down half the swamp. The charges to players in the democratic party would look like an upside down family tree. From Biden on down.

20 hours ago, EnjoyLife said:

If past presidents have taken a cognitive test as part of their annual physical then Biden should also. Most people his age suffer mental decline to some degree...but he is not "some people" he is POTUS. Seems to me that the country deserves to know if the leader of the free world has serious cognitive issues or not.

You're right, but consider this:

If Trump refused to do this, imagine what the media coverage would be like.

Now look at how the media is treating Biden when it comes to this. And now Democrats (i.e. Schumer) are coming out and saying it's a "right wing conspiracy" (or some other such nonsense), and that Biden's "mental acuity" is just fine.

4 hours ago, Monte1076 said:

and that Biden's "mental acuity" is just fine.

If his mental acuity really is just fine then this is his is his chance to shut up all the nay sayers...but if he does not take the cognitive test it will only add doubt and fuel to the fire. 

4 minutes ago, EnjoyLife said:

If his mental acuity really is just fine then this is his is his chance to shut up all the nay sayers...but if he does not take the cognitive test it will only add doubt and fuel to the fire. 

He's read his Mark Twain.....better to keep your mouth shut and look stupid than to open it and remove all doubts.......lol

6 minutes ago, EnjoyLife said:

Think about it, though. We had politicians (mostly Democrats), media, and pundits and a few others "diagnosing" Trump, saying he's mentally unfit and whatnot, while others were saying, "No, he needs to be examined professionally" (remember when he was mocked for reciting the memory thing with the objects??).

Now many of those same people are saying (without professional examination), "Nah, Joe's fine!"

I've seen what dementia does through my MIL, unfortunately. She got progressively worse, and it happened relatively fast. We visited her once and she asked me the same question FIVE times within the course of just a few minutes. She also called my wife once at 2AM, thinking it was 2PM, and thought my wife was her (MIL's) sister.

Now, admittedly I am far from a medical professional. But anyone who thinks that Biden isn't having some kind of cognitive problems is living in a vastly different reality than most of us. His mentions of talking to dead former leaders are dismissed as "gaffes".

Edited by Monte1076

11 minutes ago, EnjoyLife said:

He doesn't need to take it. Chuck Schumer and the Democrats and Democrat-Friendly media have told us he's just fine. We should believe them -- right? I mean, it's not like they'd ever lie to us or mislead us.

7 minutes ago, Monte1076 said:

Think about it, though. We had politicians (mostly Democrats), media, and pundits and a few others "diagnosing" Trump, saying he's mentally unfit and whatnot, while others were saying, "No, he needs to be examined professionally" (remember when he was mocked for reciting the memory thing with the objects??).

Now many of those same people are saying (without professional examination), "Nah, Joe's fine!"

I've seen what dementia does through my MIL, unfortunately. She got progressively worse, and it happened relatively fast. We visited her once and she asked me the same question FIVE times within the course of just a few minutes. She also called my wife once at 2AM, thinking it was 2PM, and thought my wife was her (MIL's) sister.

No doubt much of the media would treat Trump more harshly...but that is really no different than right wingers claiming Biden is both a bumbling idiot and an evil genius that heads up some vast crime syndicate at the same time. It is reminiscent of the way W was treated. It is just how toxic things are in the USA right now.

Edited by EnjoyLife

3 minutes ago, EnjoyLife said:

No doubt much of the media would treat Trump more harshly...but that is really no different than right wingers claiming Biden is both a bumbling idiot and an evil genius that heads up some vast crime syndicate at the same time. It is reminiscent of the way W was treated.

Well, I guess that depends on if you think a bumbling idiot can be an evil genius at the same time. Or if one can go from evil genius to bumbling idiot. Or does one even need to be either for one to get rich trading on one's name (i.e. people think trump is both of those things too, don't they)?

And if you're a "bumbling idiot", wouldn't you say it's easier to be manipulated by those around you? Yeah, Joe gaffes a lot, but when you say things like Truindashabbadapressure and batakafcare, that's more than just a gaffe. Then you reach out to "shake hands" with nobody, and talk about how you've recently talked to people have been dead for over 15 years...something ain't right there. Those aren't gaffes. That would be like me saying, "Yeah, I talked to my dad a few weeks ago..." when my dad passed away at the end of 2018.

Edited by Monte1076

Just now, Monte1076 said:

Well, I guess that depends on if you think a bumbling idiot can be an evil genius at the same time. Or if one can go from evil genius to bumbling idiot. Or does one even need to be either for one to get rich trading on one's name (i.e. people think trump is both of those things too, don't they)?

The Trump haters certainly think that.

2 minutes ago, EnjoyLife said:

The Trump haters certainly think that.

So it would certainly stand to reason that the Biden haters could think the same thing, no?

And if you're a "bumbling idiot", wouldn't you say it's easier to be manipulated by those around you? Yeah, Joe gaffes a lot, but when you say things like Truindashabbadapressure and batakafcare, that's more than just a gaffe. Then you reach out to "shake hands" with nobody, and talk about how you've recently talked to people have been dead for over 15 years...something ain't right there. Those aren't gaffes. That would be like me saying, "Yeah, I talked to my dad a few weeks ago..." when my dad passed away at the end of 2018.

Edited by Monte1076