Queen City .... what's going on with Coach Droddy ?

Snoopy52

On 4/24/2024 at 11:51 AM, DeBerryJacket said:

Heard QC new AD's son is joining him in QC. Currently at West Rusk. Will be Head Baseball Coach and Asst Football Coach

Firing a head baseball coach that made the playoffs and hiring your son is always a great first move in the right direction. 

• Thanks 1
  • LOL! 1

1 hour ago, mrclean69 said:

Firing a head baseball coach that made the playoffs and hiring your son is always a great first move in the right direction. 

Well, in his defense, the son has made the playoffs in all 3 of his years as baseball coach at West Rusk.

On 4/26/2024 at 10:16 AM, HeatTested said:

I wonder what school Wilbanks will move to after getting non-renewed in 1-2 years

wonder where you will be after you get fired in 2 years

4 minutes ago, fiapoly said:

I don’t think he was taking a swing at the new guy. I think it was a remark directed towards the QC board and powers that be. The thread seems to have a common antagonist. 

On 4/26/2024 at 10:16 AM, HeatTested said:

I wonder what school Wilbanks will move to after getting non-renewed in 1-2 years

If the numbers I hear he is getting paid is true  he better win in a hurry lol 

4 hours ago, fiapoly said:

My job is safe and secure because I don’t work at Queen City, but thank you for your concern.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, HeatTested said:

My job is safe and secure because I don’t work at Queen City, but thank you for your concern.

well from what we know if Wilbanks makes the playoffs you might right.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, HeatTested said:

I know Droddy has his softball girls in the 4th round this week. Anyone know how the new AD is doing?

What a guy to stick around and see the softball girls through. Shame QC is cheaping out on his contract and not trying to do right by him at all. 

2 hours ago, HeatTested said:

I know Droddy has his softball girls in the 4th round this week. Anyone know how the new AD is doing?

Is he coaching them? I was told their coach was a young female

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

He has been the head coach since he came back with the freshmen that are now seniors. I believe he handed the job off to his assistant so she could have some success in her first year, but he is still heavily involved as the assistant coach from what I've heard. I'm sure its hard for the girls to not see him as the had coach either.

Edited by HeatTested
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...