Redwater Chooses New AD

1 hour ago, EastTexasKnowItAll said:

I believe the OC is the principal’s brother.  Could be wrong. Probably a done deal. Redwater will continue to Redwater!

Who is the OC and what’s his experience?  Where has he coached and has he won?

18 hours ago, EastTexasKnowItAll said:

I believe the OC is the principal’s brother.  Could be wrong. Probably a done deal. Redwater will continue to Redwater!

That is correct. Don't have a clue if he has ever been a head coach or where he has been...not that it matters.

Edited by blesseddaily

• 4 weeks later...

Any word on this gem? I'm sure there are so many coaches interested in this one that the committee or whoever is making the decision is struggling to make the selection but seriously...how long could it possible take!!! LOL!!

On a positive note congratulations to the track team and coaches for taking third place at the Beckville meet!! Winning the 4x100 relay was definitely a nice highlight for the Dragons!! 

1 hour ago, blesseddaily said:

Any word on this gem? I'm sure there are so many coaches interested in this one that the committee or whoever is making the decision is struggling to make the selection but seriously...how long could it possible take!!! LOL!!

On a positive note congratulations to the track team and coaches for taking third place at the Beckville meet!! Winning the 4x100 relay was definitely a nice highlight for the Dragons!! 

i think there are plenty of good assistants in this area that would do alright at Redwater i just dont know if any of them want the job. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Destry said:

Kind of sarcastic but mostly serious- with that speed would they be a good candidate for a spread west coast offense?

Yes...if all that speed played football...which is one of problems there!!

Their last season that was above .500 was in 2011 with Coach Stine as the AD/HC. He had four years of .500 or better records with his last year being one of the  best years in Redwater History at 8-4. He was not a spread guy and they played extremely hard nosed football. He ran a tough, no nonsense program with a tough weight and off season program. His teams were very disciplined...something that has been sorely lacking for the last several years. Whoever gets this gem will have an uphill battle to change the culture, lack of discipline and apathy...and then there are the parents...good luck to whoever gets it. 

11 hours ago, blesseddaily said:

Their last season that was above .500 was in 2011 with Coach Stine as the AD/HC. He had four years of .500 or better records with his last year being one of the  best years in Redwater History at 8-4. He was not a spread guy and they played extremely hard nosed football. He ran a tough, no nonsense program with a tough weight and off season program. His teams were very disciplined...something that has been sorely lacking for the last several years. Whoever gets this gem will have an uphill battle to change the culture, lack of discipline and apathy...and then there are the parents...good luck to whoever gets it. 

That is a dying thing.

11 hours ago, blesseddaily said:

You just described most schools in Texas. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, blesseddaily said:

exactly my thoughts, tough job